Why the X3 AP soundtrack isn't free fot the X superbox owners?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pesanur
x4

Why the X3 AP soundtrack isn't free fot the X superbox owners?

Post by Pesanur » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 18:18

I'm just find it casualty, and the question is, if the download of the extra content of the X Superbox already include the soundtrack, why this soundtrack DLC isn't added for free to the owners of the superbox?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Why the X3 AP soundtrack isn't free fot the X superbox owners?

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 18:56

The original X SuperBox package stopped at X3TC and did not include X3AP. However, as a gesture and to promote X3AP, Egosoft enabled SuperBox and X3TC owners to download Steam X3AP for free. Nowhere in that arrangement do I see an entitlement for any separate DLCs outside of the original SuperBox package and the base X3AP game. That's just my personal opinion though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 16. Nov 20, 20:08

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 15. Nov 20, 18:56
The original X SuperBox package stopped at X3TC and did not include X3AP. However, as a gesture and to promote X3AP, Egosoft enabled SuperBox and X3TC owners to download Steam X3AP for free. Nowhere in that arrangement do I see an entitlement for any separate DLCs outside of the original SuperBox package and the base X3AP game. That's just my personal opinion though.
I'm not explained it well, what I like to say, if it the content of this soundtrack DLC isn't already included in the soundtrack included with the downloadable content of the X-Superbox, and if it, then the DLC can be added for free to the owners of the X-Superbox as they already have the content.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. Nov 20, 21:47

I have separately-obtained disk-based X3TC, Steam X3TC, Steam X3AP and the disk-based SuperBox yet I still wouldn't get the X3AP soundtrack DLC for free! I assume that's what an optional paid DLC is intended for; to be bought and make the devs some more income.

Also music revenue for composers is probably not handled in quite the same way as game revenue for the dev team, I would guess. Especially where different versions and qualities of recording compared with the gamescore may be involved.

I'm no expert on this but I'm just pointing out that I'm in the same boat too. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 16. Nov 20, 22:01

You made a good point, I'm not take into account the composer intelectual property. Even if the tracks of the DLC are already in the X Superbox, Egosoft cannot add this DLC to the owners of the superbox for free without permission of the composer.

Maybe some day, Egosoft manage to make a separate download (DLC) of the soundtrack in the superbox, such they make with the soundtrack of the X4 Collectors Edition.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”