[X3LU] Mayhem 3.7d

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mrBreed
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.4

Post by mrBreed » Sat, 26. Sep 20, 14:00

Can add, for X resources ( whether crystals or other resources), the ability to make engine tuning ( increase the speed of ships). The universe is very "slow". You can say with step-by-step improvement, where for each step, there is a significant increase in the cost of improvement.

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Sun, 27. Sep 20, 01:52

I've been getting occasional freezes that act differently than others since upgrading to 3.4. The game is still running due to the music and I can save with a keyboard shortcut, but the screen is frozen.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Save 04 in the folder is before a freeze, but I'm not sure how long before, probably 20 minutes.

Save 06 is after saving during the freeze and loading it.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 27. Sep 20, 11:19

that act differently than others
Makes me think that it's coming from something else. Can you reproduce the bug?

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Sun, 27. Sep 20, 15:32

Joubarbe,

Have the Heavy Nemesis and Heavy Hydra been transposed with the Proteus and Marlin respectively? The latter two look like upgraded models of the Nemesis and Hydra, and their stats would be consistent with this.

If you want me to, I could rename them while I am updating their encyclopedia descriptions, but won't if you prefer not.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 27. Sep 20, 18:54

Good evening Joubarbe. Explain, if possible, please.
What files are responsible for creating the names of the sectors of the galaxy and voicing them?
I can not understand. I make translation in files: sector_names_stream1.txt, sector_names_stream.txt.
I substitute the time of the sector names from the Russian stream file.
As a result, after generating the galaxy, I jump into a sector but the name of another sector is announced.

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Mon, 28. Sep 20, 07:35

What are the conditions for having a race offer you a Truce? I've had the Split conquer one of my sectors, with the destruction of the last station both IS and OOS and after an hour, have had no such offer. Is it longer than that? I'm not permanently at war with them.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 28. Sep 20, 17:21

You should get a message immediately after loosing the sector. At least i got one from the Boron. Maybe Split don't offer truces? :lol:

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Mon, 28. Sep 20, 19:25

Hmm, that's a bit concerning. I can always use the cheat menu to reset reputation to 0 if losing a sector is the intended trigger of truces.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 28. Sep 20, 19:57

The faction must not claim another sector of yours. And there's maybe some other factors I forget.

@alex: I don't know, should work IIRC.

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Mon, 28. Sep 20, 21:28

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 28. Sep 20, 19:57
The faction must not claim another sector of yours. And there's maybe some other factors I forget.
That'd be it then, the Split still have a claim on another sector of mine. In that case, here is my situation:

1. Split have a claim on Pontifex's Seclusion
2. Split have a claim on Priest's Refuge
3. Split conquer Priest's Refuge

If I defend Pontifex's Seclusion until that claim expires, will they offer a truce? Or do they have to conquer the sector during a time when there is only that claim?
If it's the second one, that would change my strategy of warfare considerably.

EDIT: Unfortunately, it looks like the second scenario is true. I lowered the claim duration to test and no truce offer came if they conquered the sector before the other expired. This could be a problem, because I'm getting this rolling series of claims where the Split claim one sector, then another before the first expires. This gives me a narrow window of opportunity where I only have one claim on my territory and there's a Battlegroup attacking it. That window has yet to open yet.

Something that could be a good alternative to sector loss as a truce trigger would be a ship loss threshold. During my war with the Split, they've lost about 20 capital ships so far, including at least 6 M2s. If a certain threshold was exceeded, then a faction could "decide that further war was not worth it" and offer a truce.

Otherwise, I'm just going to have to stick to the defensive until that window occurs.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.4b

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 29. Sep 20, 09:13

Mayhem 3.4b released
  • 3.4b: all crystals and minerals were not XL cargo size.
  • 3.4b: the Angel had XL cargo size. Didn't make sense, considering that all other TPs are L.
  • 3.4b: Zeus was removing Xenon inactive ships inside Xenon stations (they undock only when the station gets destroyed). After installing this update, those ships will be recreated inside Xenon stations if they're empty.
  • 3.4b: Truce was not offered to player while other claims on his sectors were ongoing. In other words, truce will now be offered to you if you lose any of your sectors to the AI.

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Tue, 29. Sep 20, 15:49

Hi Joubarbe,

Most, but not all, of the revised encyclopedia entries I have been working on have disappeared from my game. I think it's because 3.4b seems to load t-8383 later in the setup sequence - I don't think it was in setup.Variables before.

Have there been any other changes to ship stats or descriptions in it? I haven't spotted any, but I would like to be sure.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 29. Sep 20, 16:56

Each update overwrites 8383. The only ship stat that has changed is that Angel have now a L cargo size instead of XL.

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Tue, 29. Sep 20, 17:17

Thanks for the confirmation.

I am not changing 8383, but if it has moved down the load order and is now loading after my file it will negate at least some of my changes. That's what I think is happening.

Coincidentally, I installed X3 Editor 2 this morning, which may be part of the problem. I think that it didn't like me having page 17 and page 37 entries in the same file, and helpfully deleted the latter.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 29. Sep 20, 17:50

dunderhead327 wrote:
Tue, 29. Sep 20, 17:17
Coincidentally, I installed X3 Editor 2 this morning, which may be part of the problem. I think that it didn't like me having page 17 and page 37 entries in the same file, and helpfully deleted the latter.
No.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”