Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall - Explained and a way forward, but might be improved.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bennyboy

Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall - Explained and a way forward, but might be improved.

Post by bennyboy » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 17:44

I'm 3 days into the game now (I mean actual game time, not real-life days). Built several stations, bought and equipped many ships, killed many Xenon. Decided now is the time to get my SETA and to do the PHQ.

No PHQ quest-- simply cannot find it. Maybe I started it earlier and dropped it? I've read forums, watched videos of people doing it, started at home station, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, i know about the scanner. I know how to check data leaks and so on. Flying around freaking 5 hours today scanning. Found maybe half a dozen data leaks, only trash like discount or something. Did the tutorial because someone said it could spawn the quest. Did tutorial again about 10x. Sometimes even THAT didn't work. . . couldn't find the signal no matter what.

scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning scanning

What can I do to like this game again? Right now, I literally want to just uninstall and forget this game ever existed, only because of this one quest.

Skeeter
x3

Re: Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 18:00

maybe offer up ur save game and a kind fellow will find the leak on a station and trigger it then save then post it up for u to get?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 18:55

By "find the leak" do you mean edit my save game? But whatever way, that would be awesome!

Sorry, I'm a n00b to these forums, and I don't see how to upload a file. Do I need to put it up on a fileshare somewhere?

Also, if this is normal, I'll scan for another 5 hours, just like I'll kill a million Xenon to finish my SETA unit.

But my understanding is that this is a pretty core quest, and not really hard to get. . . Also, I've already seen several anomalies and flew through them, was even told to drop a beacon. But at that time, I couldn't see that I had any quest that was asking me to find an anomaly so. . .

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 20:29

bennyboy wrote:
Wed, 16. Sep 20, 18:55
Do I need to put it up on a fileshare somewhere?
Yes, something like dropbox or google drive will do. Then please post the link here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 23:40

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SEn1GH ... 330yt/view

Okay is this okay? 3 full days' into this, so it's a pretty big file!

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 01:14

If editing can do it then sure tho might have modified flag, but i was thinking another player would just play ur save real quick thats rerplayed a bunch of times and is good at finding the leak for the boron mission, then save then upload the save with the mission started in that save or just save where the correct leak (sparks iirc) are and save.

Like if it was me id get ur save run it find the nearest station have a look around if not there try nearest whaft then shipyard then equipment dock, etc the big main stations to find it.
[ external image ]

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 02:39

The thing is, I've read all the comments I could find, watched the video, and scanned like 100 stations. I've found data leaks before: you turn on scan-mode, fly around the base, hear the static, find the red sparkly. The problem is that doing this for 5 hours didn't end up in me finding the PHQ quest.

I currently believe that I did part of the quest line and then abandoned it, which is why it doesn't respawn. But with three full days' game time, I really really REALLY do not want to have to restart from the beginning. :(

(will if I have to though)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 02:55

Im in ur save now, yeah i found some leaks but discounts etc, which game start did you do as i wonder if one of them doesnt have the plot mission tho i doubt it. I wonder if u have done enough to do the scientific i think its called gamestart where u have the phq i think done already.

There is a mission i notice about a ship needing a captain i think thats one of the missions that needs doing, ill do that soon tho i dunno what ship its referening to as im sure you have built ships and giving them captains in this game as u have other ships etc. So not sure why this mission is ongoing.

Another thing i thought about u had 20 inactive missions maybe it wont let u do more so i dropped one of the minor ones to see if that would open it up. Btw what race are you in this, as ive been scanning random argon stations just lookin all over for some dots and trying to hear for a noise. Im using shift 2 mode but tbh i dont think it helps just makes stations a certain color sometimes but still doesnt make the graphics of a leak stand out so im going over the modules of a station one by one.

Well ive scanned a few leaks from diff parts of the map, if you hadnt started the phq mission tree it should have triggered by now. So i think you started it but have stopped at some step, see a youtube vid and see if anything u remember comesback to you like oh i was up to this point in the missions for the phq i know what to do now. Etc.

Btw i noticed in silent witness i think its that theres a sat nav called anomoly. I think maybe u marked it as i think its part of the phq mission tree to find one. The scout i mentioned before, needing a captain i got it one but nothing triggered. Tho u do need a 2nd ship for part of the mission tree maybe u got that scout for a reason for it?

Check if you need to buy 3 antimatter things and other checks as u watch the utube vid. Failing this just not bother with it as many ppl say a phq is not worth having and i think u can mod in a seta device if research was needed. That or just try a earlier save maybe, or just restart or see if u can do the new unlocked start for scientific gamestart i think its called.

Tried for 4 hrs mate but sry couldnt help.
[ external image ]

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 06:39

Haha whatever happens, you're my hero!

You've given me a lot of great ideas.

Also, I'm a little cooled off now. If I have to bite the bullet and start again, I won't mind so much-- I think I can get back to the same state much more quickly now.

As for the PHQ-- isn't completing the quest required in order to do research? I don't know what research it would be (since I have never finished the quest yet) but that sounds critically important. Not that worried about a free base-- I can build a 20x20x20 monster anywhere in the Universe.

As for the "anomaly" marker. . . I found the first anomaly just flying randomly through space, and it told me to drop a nav marker, which I did. I remember thinking "This seems like a quest update. . . but for WHAT quest?", and being unable to find any quest at the time that mentioned anomalies.

I don't know what race I am, I think I started as "young gun" and probably I'm guessing I'm argon.

I remember saving a ship early in the game, and I had to ride it to a base. It was a problem because I didn't have a pilot for a 2nd ship. Don't remember how I got out of that one. I think for some reason I sold my original ship, though.

I think I'll start a fresh game, check what states are changing each step, and see if I can find some trigger that might update the quest. A bit dubious though.

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 09:17

Yeah, I could see a lot of stuff that I DID do already, but no sign of the base itself.

Turns out I'm enjoying a fresh start anyway, so just gonna rebuild. Nividium for the win!

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 19:14

Personally i think u were on the boron quest line and probs stopped somewhere and somehow theres no markers anywhere to pick the plot up again later when u felt like it, and theres no unfinished missions in the mission manager section and i presume u arnt suppose to be able to drop that mission or other plot based missions well i couldnt drop that HAT mission you had running (which i completed to see if that would trigger a past plot mission but nope).

Ego needs to have breadcrumbs for such things as these incase u get to a boring or hard or just fancy doing somit diff from a plot mission and be able to find ur way back to the point u left. If there is suppose to be a breadcrumb for this guy to follow then its missing i think. Check his save and load it up.

I think u were probs up the anomoly bit or the bit where u had to have 2 ships and blow one up but probs stopped at them points for awhile and now there lost.
[ external image ]

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 23:43

Yeah, so I restarted, and I got the PHQ quest within literally one minute. I did the ship modes tutorial, then as soon as that finished, I went back to the exact same base, scanned, got it, and had the PHQ 30 minutes-ish later (minus the dock).

Glad I did it. I don't know about the actual game utility value, but for me, just standing on my dock looking at my own asteroid base feels badass!

I definitely did a lot of the quest on the first run through. It was all such a blur, but I'd wager I did the whole thing right up to where I had to build the dock, looked at how much time and money that was going to take, and deleted the quest.

One of the joys of coronavirus is that the days kind of blend into each other and I forget what I did yesterday, so re-doing everything in the new game is still fresh for me! :D

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 00:05

Glad you got ur station build in your new game. :)
[ external image ]

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 05:30

Congratulations in advance on post #3000.

Just. Wow.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 08:50

lol cheers, u too with 10 marker over 17 years being a member.
[ external image ]

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 13:03

bennyboy wrote:
Wed, 16. Sep 20, 23:40

You are at the part of the Hatikvah storyline where you need to "Scan: Scale Plate Pact data leak" and while this is active you can not start the PHQ mission;
First continue with the Hatikvah storyline, and if you progress a bit further you should be able to find the leak PHQ.

We'll see if we can improve this situation in a future version.

Skeeter
x3

Re: Possibly broken PHQ makes me want to uninstall - Explained and a way forward, but might be improved.

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 19:12

I can confirm that, i finished the hat mission by doing any old leak on a scale pact station somewhere near silent witness sectors, then the next bit of mission which was placing the bomb, then track some ship for awhile then report back the hat station in the nearby sector next to argon prime the one with the yellow man icon above it. After you talked to the women there to end that bit even tho theres still a hat mission in ur mission tree it should now say 1 of 4 steps to do for the next section of that. So when its like that in the mission tree i.e ur at 1, also leave the station some audio cues come up listen if u want but dont do what it says yet, just go to say argon prime wharf do shift 2 and look for the sparkles, its not a red dot this one i dont think so keep eye for flashes of light. Then it should trigger when u get close and press f.

I have a save for you, that all u do is move close to the leak and it triggers, tho i have done that hat mission for u, and ive dropped (sry) most of the active missions incase it was that not triggering stuff. But if u want the save ill post it here for u.

https://ufile.io/c12lmowy

Its save slot 2.
[ external image ]

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 07:54

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 08:50
lol cheers, u too with 10 marker over 17 years being a member.
The sarcasm. It burrrrrnssss!

:D

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 07:59

rboerdijk wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 13:03
bennyboy wrote:
Wed, 16. Sep 20, 23:40

You are at the part of the Hatikvah storyline where you need to "Scan: Scale Plate Pact data leak" and while this is active you can not start the PHQ mission;
First continue with the Hatikvah storyline, and if you progress a bit further you should be able to find the leak PHQ.

We'll see if we can improve this situation in a future version.
Ahhhhhh. Okay, that makes a lot of sense. So basically, the standard scan function needs to be reserved for that quest. I doubt that this particular issue will affect many players-- just seems to be dumb luck.

I've now got both my SETA and my first capital ships on my new save, so probably not going back to that one. It's nice just to know I wasn't crazy, though. :D

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 08:52

bennyboy wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 07:54
Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 08:50
lol cheers, u too with 10 marker coming up over 17 years being a member.
The sarcasm. It burrrrrnssss!

:D
lol it wasnt meant that way i was saying wow at so few posts over such along time while signed up for so long, i dont think i could resist posting like that.

:)
[ external image ]

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”