X3AP War Mission in Heretics End Improves Rep With Both Terran and Argon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

coldj

X3AP War Mission in Heretics End Improves Rep With Both Terran and Argon

Post by coldj » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 16:19

Hi. I hope people are still playing and reading the forums for X3AP. I tried finding if this was already metioned in the forums but couldn't find it.

I accepted a war mission from a station in Heretics End to patrol the sector. It was given by the balding Argon guy. While I was doing it I was capping a Terran Vidar that was being attacked by several Argon ships. I used my Panther raider to get in between the shots of the M7 Argon ships and the Vidar so it would survive being captured. I accidently rammed and destroyed 1 of the Argon ships while doing this. To my surprise I got payed a bonus and was thanked by A Terran announcer. When the mission ended I got a message saying I had taken out 1 enemy ship. The mission was a "Very Hard" one. My rep with the Terrans went up slightly, while my rep with Argons (who I had upset previously by capping a Colossus in a Pirate sector) went from 4th highest to second highest.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3AP War Mission in Heretics End Improves Rep With Both Terran and Argon

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 17:11

The Argon mission gave you the big rep increase for completing the patrol mission and taking the Vidar M6 from the Terrans (the reward was lessened by a little bit of rep for destroying one of their ships by collision).

The Terran small rep increase and thanks was nothing to do with the war mission but was for destroying by any means an Argon ship in a Terran sector. Its announcement may have been delayed and queued while the mission was still in progress, if that is what happened.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

coldj

Post by coldj » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 18:42

Hi Alan.

I understand your logic but I got the patrol bonus when I accidently killed the Argon Ship.
Argon ship goes boom and text pops up on screen (roughly as I cant remember the exact amount) "+700,000".
Whenever you do patrol missions you get a bonus for each enemy ship you kill.
I have accepted this type of war mission before and no matter how many Terrans I killed I never got bonuses and it never registers me as having killed anything on patrol.
I think there is a mistake in the scripting because no matter if all the stations in Heretics End are considered Argon and friendly, the sector is always considered to be owned by the Terrans.
My rep with the Terrans is at the lowest possible level, so not likely to see much movement per Argon destroyed in their sector.

Anyhow, was just wondering if anybody else had stumbled upon this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 18:53

Thanks for the further info but there is still the problem that patrol missions do not end when or because you kill an enemy, and so the collision and patrol mission ending will more likely have been a coincidence.

I can indeed envisage that such mission scripting may become suspect where the sector and stations change owners in the meantime though. :D

coldj

Post by coldj » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 19:04

Hi.

The patrol mission didn't end when the Argon ship went boom or when I successfully capped the Vidar.
It ended later on.
My apologies if that wasn't clear in my first post.

coldj

Post by coldj » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 15:24

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 31. Jul 20, 18:53
Thanks for the further info but there is still the problem that patrol missions do not end when or because you kill an enemy, and so the collision and patrol mission ending will more likely have been a coincidence.

I can indeed envisage that such mission scripting may become suspect where the sector and stations change owners in the meantime though. :D
Hi Alan.
I hope I am doing this the right way as I have little experience posting.

Update: I once again flew into Heretics End with the stations controlled by the Argon. I got a patrol mission (set at Very Hard) from a station, given by Argon man with dark glasses. This time the patrol was set to be first in Heretics End and then in Asteroid Belt. I saved and then using a Springblossom with 6 EEPC in the front I went about killing every Argon fighter in sight. M5s 1 shot dead, M4s 2 and M3s 4 to 5 shots. No Argons go red and I get a bonus each time. I even get an Argon announcer coming over sometimes saying thank you and as a reward you get. An M8 took long enough to kill that the Argon patrol went red but once I killed him I said sorry to the biggest Argon around and was forgiven. When the mission updated to fly to Asteroid belt and patrol there I flew there and started killing Argon fighters again with same result but no announcer ever saying thank you. I killed an Argon M6 and turned every surviving Argon in the sector red. Interestingly the Colossus got the guidance arrows at the corners of it's target box saying it was a patrol target. I decide that since everything in Asteroid Belt was red I would let the Terrans and Argons fight without me. When only the Colossus was left I asked for forgiveness and it forgave me. Shortly after the mission ended and the message said I had killed 36 (valid) ships. I kept an eye on my reps through all this, my Argon rep lowered with each kill and my Terran raised. I started with 20% Argon Hero of the Federation and ended with 65% Argon overwatch. I started with 60% Terran Enemy of Sol and ended with 42% Terran Terrorist.
It would seem that since the mission ends in Asteroid Belt that you don't get the bump back up but if it had only been in Heretics End it may have undone the damage to my rep with the Argons.

So there you go. A definite mistake in the scripting and a way to get your foot in the door with the Terrans.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 16:24

Thanks. Yes, that sounds like a mission problem.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”