Coronavirus: COVID-19

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Re: Coronavirus: COVID-19

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 09:34

Fun fact is that people interested in lockdown sabotage is the same people opposing equality movements.

In my opinion, when you're looking for the people causing worldwide rallies, the first place you need to watch is where no rally is happening.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:21

Just to lighten the atmosphere a little, I'd like to share a little coronavirus joke I read somewhere:

Q: What's the best sport to take up during the pandemic?
A: Fencing. You wear a mask and gloves, and if anyone comes within 2m of you, you poke them with something sharp.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:09

I honestly don't know what to say about this as it is a pretty atrocious thing for anyone to do right now. Boris Johnson's father has travelled to Greece under the pretence of it was essential travel as he wanted to make sure a property he rents was Covid safe. A few problems with this apart, from it's against the UK's current regulations is that Greece itself has a travel ban on anyone from the UK. So he first flew to Bulgaria before travelling on to Greece to get around this inconvenience. He will have to spend 14 days in isolation when he gets back, which I seriously doubt he will do as he does not seem to think these rules apply to the likes of him. So I think I know where he should be spending those 14 days, in a place called jail, maybe his son could join him to keep him company. :evil:

Edit in:
50.7 k new cases in the US yesterday. :o
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:59

felter wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:09
I honestly don't know what to say about this as it is a pretty atrocious thing for anyone to do right now. Boris Johnson's father has travelled to Greece under the pretence of it was essential travel as he wanted to make sure a property he rents was Covid safe. A few problems with this apart, from it's against the UK's current regulations is that Greece itself has a travel ban on anyone from the UK.
As a person from Eastern Europe I find it really amusing when people from UK or USA find out that politicians and their families apply double standards and are above plebs.
It's almost like finding the Santa Claus is not a real thing.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:04

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:59
felter wrote:
I honestly don't know what to say about this as it is a pretty atrocious thing for anyone to do right now. Boris Johnson's father has travelled to Greece under the pretence of it was essential travel as he wanted to make sure a property he rents was Covid safe. A few problems with this apart, from it's against the UK's current regulations is that Greece itself has a travel ban on anyone from the UK.
As a person from Eastern Europe I find it really amusing when people from UK or USA find out that politicians and their families apply double standards and are above plebs.
It's not about the discovery, it's about holding them accountable instead of rolling over for their overlords.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:07

mr.WHO wrote:
felter wrote:
What you mean Santa Claus is not a real thing.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:12

felter wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:07
mr.WHO wrote:
felter wrote:
Someone's been a bad boy and Santa didn't bring him presents... Am I right, Mr Who?

Politicians apply double standards everywhere in the world.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:25

felter wrote:
Let's not get started on that one again? :D

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:38

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:21
Just to lighten the atmosphere a little, I'd like to share a little coronavirus joke I read somewhere:

A: Fencing. You wear a mask and gloves, and if anyone comes within 2m of you, you poke them with something sharp.
I do own a sword or many.

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:25
felter wrote:
Let's not get started on that one again? :D
HELLO!
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:48

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:21

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 04:02

Observe wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 01:47
It is hard to imagine how you can possibly reconcile your refusal to wear a mask with: Coronavirus: 'Swift and dangerous turn' in Texas cases, says governor. Can't you see how such attitudes are literally killing your own Texan countrymen. And no, it's not because of more testing, or the liberal media, or Obama. :roll:
I was going to wait a month before replying as you did but recently my city made masks mandatory. I'm still not wearing one. If you think a rag on your face is going to make you safe go for it. That isn't something that appeals to me. You have my word that if I ever start being symptomatic again that I will not be out in public. Whether I wear a rag or not is not your decision to make. Never was. Be grateful that I don't consider pants optional yet. That day may still come.
Who made that man a gunner?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 09:12

Wearing a mask isn't about keeping yourself safe from others; it's about keeping others safe from you. That's not an opinion; it's a statement of scientific fact. Either you know that and choose to ignore it, or you refuse to accept it because it doesn't fit your ideology. Either way, it speaks volumes.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 10:19

IMO, better to wear mask today, than being force vacinated tomorrow with vacine done in 1/5th of usual implementation time.

What is interesting with my observations this week:
The old people seems to stick to masks and wear them correctly, while younger people either do not wear them or wear them incorrectly (e.g. with nose out, or taking mask off when talking via phone).

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 11:35

Masterbagger wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 04:02
I was going to wait a month before replying as you did but recently my city made masks mandatory. I'm still not wearing one. If you think a rag on your face is going to make you safe go for it. That isn't something that appeals to me. You have my word that if I ever start being symptomatic again that I will not be out in public. Whether I wear a rag or not is not your decision to make. Never was. Be grateful that I don't consider pants optional yet. That day may still come.
*aluminum hat mode on*
Something that scares me a bit is that all of Americas enemies like China, Iran, North Korea etc. are currently watching and learning just how easy it is to win a war against the US.
You don't need tanks, aircraft carriers or bombs. All you need is a virus that is a bit more infectious than COVID-19, takes a bit longer to show symptoms, any maybe is a bit more deadly in the end. Then, you can just sit back and wait for people like Masterbagger to do your work for you and ensure that the USA crashes and burns. In that case, when he and all the others like him will finally see with their own eyes just how bad it is and agree to mildly inconvenience themselves to save lives, it will be way to late to do anything about it.
As a personal service to all who try to keep up with my professional work:
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 11:48

That's not a problem of USA in particular - in every society you will have people who will go against the flow, no matter the reason.

I recall there was epidemiology study about World of Warcraft bug induced epidemy that indicate there is noticably significant amount of people, who would not only not adhere to safety regulation, but will intentionaly try to spread the virus (coughing into people, licking door nobs and items in the store).

This need to be accounted for in any society, otherwise there is no point in bothering with any safety regulations.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 12:42

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 11:48
That's not a problem of USA in particular - in every society you will have people who will go against the flow, no matter the reason.
While true, it does seem to be somewhat more rampant in the US than elsewhere, maybe because they have this whole Land of the Free thing drummed into them.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 12:47

pjknibbs wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 12:42
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 11:48
While true, it does seem to be somewhat more rampant in the US than elsewhere, maybe because they have this whole Land of the Free thing drummed into them.
lol well I'm 'free' and I fail to see how wearing a mask to keep my fellow citizens safe somehow impacts my freedom.

There are times when it's necessary to risk your life for freedom. This, most definitely, isn't one of those times.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 13:06

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 12:47
There are times when it's necessary to risk your life for freedom. This, most definitely, isn't one of those times.
It's not even about risking your life anyway; it's about risking someone else's. You making that choice on their behalf is taking away their freedom.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 13:12

Masterbagger wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 04:02
Observe wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 01:47
It is hard to imagine how you can possibly reconcile your refusal to wear a mask with: Coronavirus: 'Swift and dangerous turn' in Texas cases, says governor. Can't you see how such attitudes are literally killing your own Texan countrymen. And no, it's not because of more testing, or the liberal media, or Obama. :roll:
And here where are at the heart of it aren't we. You seem to think freedom should be easy and without any responsibility to others. It's quite the opposite in reality though, but reality is not something many Americans seem to acknowledge at this point.

More than 50.000 new cases a day and going up, the worst hit western country in the world, even though you had a month longer to look at western European countries to see what works and what not, and still your country managed to **** it up worse than any other. There's truly isn't anything great about the current US, and if this whole situation didn't involve so many innocent and preventable deaths and preventable economic malaise, i would be pointing and laughing at the ****-ups you currently are, but as it is, it's just disheartening and sad beyond words.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 13:22

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 13:06
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 12:47
It's not even about risking your life anyway; it's about risking someone else's. You making that choice on their behalf is taking away their freedom.
That's precisely my point, in a round about way. When is it ever necessary to risk someone elses life for your own freedom? Who has the audacity and lack of moral fortitude to make that decision for others? We're not at war, and none of us are leading troops into battle. Trying to turn this into some perverted patriotic duty to defy public safety orders shows nothing but contempt for their own citizens and pure selfishness.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”