[X3AP] Where to go from there

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

[X3AP] Where to go from there

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 15:57

[I saw a similar topic but it was for X2 - hope I'm not breaking any rule by opening this new one!]

I'm missing X3 and thinking about going back to X3AP after a year off. I would just really like not to have to start a new game from scratch, but rather further build on my existing one. Reason is that I've achieved most of my goals in it and want to get to enjoy that comfort and feeling of accomplishment some more, but I'd also like to tackle some fresh challenges and put my fleet to a proper test.

For context, my saved game looks like this:

- Time spent = 750h
- Ranks: X-Trem Trader and Hero (60%)
- All plot missions completed
- About 25B worth of assets, including a collection of all existing capital ships as well as rare/unique fighter ships, factory complexes producing every possible weapon & missile, and steady cash flowing in from those factories as well as 100+ Springblossom UT's
- My four player ships are substantially overtuned (through legit but oh-so-tedious grinding :| ). My main ship is 150m/s and 3.5 RPM Boreas, and let's just say that it doesn't take much effort to erase all Xenon presence from the universe with it alone...
- Enough tediously procured jump beacons to reach every important Terran sector directly

I'm unsure whether I should consider any mods (I've never installed any before, so very little idea about what's out there other than Litcube's Universe) and if they'd be compatible with an existing save. Unless there are some other cool ideas I haven't thought about within Vanilla... One thing that I actually really miss from previous games is the Khaaks - could I somehow just bring them and their sectors back via a mod, without screwing my save up?
:boron: Blub?

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Re: [X3AP] Where to go from there

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 14:33

So, no suggestions..? :(

I would add that my PC is not powerful enough for X4, so replaying X3 is the best I can do for the time being...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 14:38

"So, no suggestions..?" Not if you are asking about mods in the vanilla forum.

There are all sorts of additional vanilla challenges you could apply just by roleplaying and setting yourself rules and limitations (and keeping to them - no cheating yourself!). There is also Dead is Dead, but I would use a self-imposed version or variation rather than the imposed Steam one in case of external issues beyond your control losing you your progress.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 17:20

I find the real challenge in the game is early on with little or nothing and trying to work out what to do and how.
I know you a preference to keep your current game, my suggestion is to back it up and re-start.
Get the x3TC plots in x3AP mod and play all of TC and AP in one game.
Choose the poisoned paranid start or the tormented teladi for a bit of an additional challenge maybe.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 18:47

KarlHemmings wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 17:20
I find the real challenge in the game is early on with little or nothing and trying to work out what to do and how.
Different challenge. Presuming this isn't the first time you play (any game in the series), you do already know the mechanics. The little or nothing is enough to get the ball rolling.

It is quite different challenge to come up with something interesting to do, when you have all and have done all already.

I have about 1000 hours in AP but not Xtreme trader yet. Xtreme combat I've had almost the whole time; that was goal #1.
Only very recently did I test fly Springblossom and there are other ships yet to test. Perhaps you have too?

The Boring Boreas ... had one in TC, didn't like. Do you have ships that would require reasonable effort to wipe someone?

Alternatively, have you sent a fleet to battle? How do they fare? What order of battle has a fighting chance? (Alas, that might hit the hardware limits.) I have done some "Protect Two Convoys" OOS, with small fleets.

Are there other factions that you could fight, besides the Xenon? I had a blast with Terrans while procuring beacons and Valhallas.
Got the reputation to absolute rock bottom. Now back to Hero of Sol (or Senator, whenever shoplift a Lifter).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

western
x3tc

Post by western » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 12:29

I played a game once where I could use no weapons, just trade and buy.

Means you can't do plots but was very entertaining.
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 13:43

Hi,
Maybe give a try to LxXRM.
It contains lot of mods, like TC Plots for AP, Pirate Guilds, Yaki Armada, Improved Khaaks, Phanon Corp and Revelation.
These mods bring you very high challenges and will take you into a very long journey.
Cool things too are the long list of new ships and sectors from XRM and performance improvements from Lu scripts, and other QoL mods.

Otherwise, if you don't test LU, you have LU Mayhem that changes all X3 mechanics, but I've never played this mod.

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Tue, 15. Sep 20, 15:21

hargn wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 13:43
Hi,
Maybe give a try to LxXRM.
It contains lot of mods, like TC Plots for AP, Pirate Guilds, Yaki Armada, Improved Khaaks, Phanon Corp and Revelation.
These mods bring you very high challenges and will take you into a very long journey.
Cool things too are the long list of new ships and sectors from XRM and performance improvements from Lu scripts, and other QoL mods.

Otherwise, if you don't test LU, you have LU Mayhem that changes all X3 mechanics, but I've never played this mod.
Thanks! That means starting a new game, right?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”