[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 4.0

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 20:05

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 18:09
My file for FOCW setup keeps reverting or changing itself after I have edited and saved it. I turned off all xenon features mid game and then saved it and went back to playing and a few days later i noticed the variables were changed. What the heck? Is there something im supposed to do ingame or did the beta 7 patch cause it to revert to default or something? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Err there is no way for the file to just change without editing it. I have no clue what is going on with your file. It isn’t something which could be affected by the game itself.

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 20:39

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 20:05
Ragemaster9999 wrote:
My file for FOCW setup keeps reverting or changing itself after I have edited and saved it. I turned off all xenon features mid game and then saved it and went back to playing and a few days later i noticed the variables were changed. What the heck? Is there something im supposed to do ingame or did the beta 7 patch cause it to revert to default or something? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Err there is no way for the file to just change without editing it. I have no clue what is going on with your file. It isn’t something which could be affected by the game itself.
maybe i redownloaded and overwrote the mod folder or something, while trying to troubleshoot. At any rate perhaps the xenon have become too powerful in my game due to the fact they took all of HOP sectors and most of ANT sectors. And its a snowball effect. A seemingly never ending stream of fighters and capitals keep coming into argon prime from the south gate where they own that sector. I turned all the extra xenon off in the config. WIll they auto destruct at some point or do i have to clear them manually?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 21:03

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 20:39
BlackRain wrote:
Ragemaster9999 wrote:
maybe i redownloaded and overwrote the mod folder or something, while trying to troubleshoot. At any rate perhaps the xenon have become too powerful in my game due to the fact they took all of HOP sectors and most of ANT sectors. And its a snowball effect. A seemingly never ending stream of fighters and capitals keep coming into argon prime from the south gate where they own that sector. I turned all the extra xenon off in the config. WIll they auto destruct at some point or do i have to clear them manually?
As they get destroyed they will taper off maybe, but the problem is that factionlogic can commandeer them, etc. As they get destroyed, they will reduce though. There may be a timer on all jobships though, not sure. Are you also using factionfix? That would make Xenon harder to kill off heh

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 03:37

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 21:03
Ragemaster9999 wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 20:39
BlackRain wrote:

As they get destroyed they will taper off maybe, but the problem is that factionlogic can commandeer them, etc. As they get destroyed, they will reduce though. There may be a timer on all jobships though, not sure. Are you also using factionfix? That would make Xenon harder to kill off heh
Is it possible that there is a ton of xenon miners and energy ships floating around from when I had that feature activated? I switched the config to disable all extra xenon but I'm like on day one or two of save file and the xenon are unstoppable. Had xenon carriers for attack on too by mistake.

I feel like im fighting a never ending stream of fighters. No matter how many I kill more and more keep coming. Then there are the xenon V capitals that are quite plentiful as well. I'm using the faction economy and war rebalance mod too (all modules).

Considering the xenon own all of hop sector and all of ant is it possible they are just snowballing at this point ? Even without the extra energy and miners they have like 10 sectors on the left side of the map not counting what's on the other side past teladi space.

I'll post a screen of the map when I get a chance.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 09:32

well what did you expect :lol:, with faction enhancer and vro you added FOCW with all options on

everything is as expected, enjoy :D

on a serious note focw with all on is end game stuff it seems
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 12:36

All on is meant to be hard heh, but it would still be manageable in just vanilla. It is because of other mods that it is most likely unmanageable. Some people want the harder difficulty and some don’t. This is why there are options. I can tweak the numbers but it isn’t like so many ships are added.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 20:38

For the next version of FOCW, I am going to be tweaking the numbers of ships in the vanilla game and offering it up as choices. This will give people more flexibility to hopefully create more of the game they wish to play.

I plan to have choices where you can keep spawns of ships as they are in vanilla, or at reduced numbers. I already offer choices to increase the amount of ships in the base game, but I will also offer the choices to decrease existing vanilla ship numbers.

The following choices will be available:
For each individual faction, you will be able to choose if you want to keep numbers just as they are in vanilla or reduce them depending on what level you configure. This could help when using mods like Faction fix (if you feel Xenon are just too numerous, etc.) The game already can build additional ships using the factionlogic, so reducing the amount of job ships may help with keeping the universe more stable. Also, there are the following benefits:
You may wish to reduce the amount of ships which are commandeered, but not the actual amount of ships that a faction might have. I have options for "Defense fleets" and "Defense squadrons". These are ships which only defend a faction's sectors but are never commandeered or attack enemy sectors. You may not want to reduce ships for conflict, but might want to reduce how many ships invade. So you will be able to configure this a bit.
For example, you may like there to be a lot of Xenon Defense ships, but you don't want the Xenon flooding the galaxy, etc. Hopefully these options might help.

If anyone has any ideas/requests/comments, please let me know.

I am also planning to add in squadrons/fleets that only defend stations, or only defend certain important positions, etc. for a more controlled environment and people will be able to configure them to activate or not depending on what you want.

So there should be a lot of options for you to decide on what type of game you want.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 21:35

VERY cool options and very kind of you to include these. As for requests, this might be out of scope, but have you done any mission work? I think the game would benefit so much from a new kind of combat mission that involves invasions and might be able to be re-purposed from existing code (just a guess). Is that something you might consider? Here's one example: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=420391&p=4899378#p4899378
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 21:41

PS: I recall 3.0 recently added destroy station and destroy turret missions, so those might be usable as well--perhaps more usable.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 22:32

I haven’t thought about doing missions. It might be too much. If i ever get some interest in it, maybe

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 05:58

is this compatible with split dlc and latest release version?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 14:05

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 05:58
is this compatible with split dlc and latest release version?
It should be compatible but I haven't done any work with the split so it might be unbalanced for the split

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 04:23

Greetings,

Can someone confirm if this mod works with the newest version of the game? after i activated it and started a new game it started as normal and no xenon or any agresiveness is seen the only real fight that you can see is the antigone faction against xenon at frontier's edge and even xenon gets easily beaten.
I'm using the mods
Faction Enhancer - War Module
Faction Enhancer - Catchup Module
XR Ship Pack
Star wars ship pack
LT Recruitment service
Dragonstarts
and Ships and parts build time + station build time
(of course Foundation of conquest and war)

And yes i changed values in focw_config

Best regards everyone!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 05:05

scrab21 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 04:23
Greetings,

Can someone confirm if this mod works with the newest version of the game? after i activated it and started a new game it started as normal and no xenon or any agresiveness is seen the only real fight that you can see is the antigone faction against xenon at frontier's edge and even xenon gets easily beaten.
I'm using the mods
XR Ship Pack
Star wars ship pack
LT Recruitment service
Dragonstarts

Best regards everyone!
I haven't tested it yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it wasn't working, then i would think all the vanilla ships would be there. I will have to do some testing at some point. Is this a new game? or loading a previous one?

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:29

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 05:05
scrab21 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 04:23
Greetings,

I'm using the mods
XR Ship Pack
Star wars ship pack
LT Recruitment service
Dragonstarts

Best regards everyone!
I haven't tested it yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it wasn't working, then i would think all the vanilla ships would be there. I will have to do some testing at some point. Is this a new game? or loading a previous one?
Sorry for the problems, it's a new game in the young gun gamestart, what are the new ships that i must see? because it loads af it was vanilla :S

Thanks for your support.
Regards.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:12

It depends how you configure the mod. You could lower the existing vanilla ships or you could add more ships to each faction depending on how you set it. Are you seeing different names for the fleets, like Republican guard for antigone or maybe some mercenary squadrons? you aren't going to notice too much difference from vanilla unless you add in a lot more ships I guess. If you go to HAT space, do you see they have a few fleets with destroyers?

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:36

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:12
It depends how you configure the mod. You could lower the existing vanilla ships or you could add more ships to each faction depending on how you set it. Are you seeing different names for the fleets, like Republican guard for antigone or maybe some mercenary squadrons? you aren't going to notice too much difference from vanilla unless you add in a lot more ships I guess. If you go to HAT space, do you see they have a few fleets with destroyers?

Can I add this to a game in progress that has never seen the mod before ? Or is It best to start a new game when activating jt

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 21:37

BlackRain wrote:
Xenon settings are into this:

<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon Miners and Xenon Energy Transport ships? 1 for Yes and 0 for No -->
<set_value name="md.FOCW_Config.FOCWSettings.$activateXenminers" exact="1" />
<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon fighters? You can also choose from the following settings. Keep 0 to turn off, Put 1 for light, Put 2 for medium, Put 3 for heavy. This setting may impact performance depending on what setting you choose. -->
<set_value name="md.FOCW_Config.FOCWSettings.$activateXenfighter" exact="3" />
<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon Capital ships? You can also choose from the following settings. Keep 0 to turn off, Put 1 for light, Put 2 for medium, Put 3 for heavy. This setting may impact performance depending on what setting you choose. -->
<set_value name="md.FOCW_Config.FOCWSettings.$activateXencapital" exact="3" />
<!-- Do you want to activate additional fighters for all factions? You can also choose from the following settings. Keep 0 to turn off, Put 1 for light, Put 2 for medium, Put 3 for heavy. This setting may impact performance depending on what setting you choose. -->
<set_value name="md.FOCW_Config.FOCWSettings.$activateallfactionsfight" exact="2" />
<!-- Do you want to activate additional Capital ships for all factions? You can also choose from the following settings. Keep 0 to turn off, Put 1 for light, Put 2 for medium, Put 3 for heavy. This setting may impact performance depending on what setting you choose. -->
<set_value name="md.FOCW_Config.FOCWSettings.$activateallfactionscap" exact="2" />

and the additional settings for even more ships everything is set to 1, and i'm not sure about the HAT space thing i'll check it, thanks a lot!

EDIT: I went to HAT sector to check for some fleets with destroyers and i saw nothing, i began to purchase some scouts and put advanced sattelites everywhere in that sector and i didn't see any major fleet.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 01:30

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:36
BlackRain wrote:

Can I add this to a game in progress that has never seen the mod before ? Or is It best to start a new game when activating jt
You can add it into an existing game just fine, but it will maybe take time for new ships to be built, etc.

Spiny_Ewg
x4

Post by Spiny_Ewg » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 15:47

Can I ask a question about the Corporation's mod here?

Hello. Started a new 3.1 game without FOCW enabled. All stations became corporate. And at the very beginning of the game, I can't trade with them. Even tried to put the ratio to them +30. And still for some reason do not sell :(
Everything is fine with the stations of the original fractions.

How to make a player trade with corporations?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”