I thought I had heard it all

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Timsup2nothin

I thought I had heard it all

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 14. Feb 20, 03:15

I have played X3 for years. Some short breaks, some long breaks, but never think that I've quit. Every time I come back to play I still get a chuckle out of "Cargo bay contains asteroid" the first time I hear it. Not the outright, laugh out loud moment I got the first time, so long ago. It's the happy, nostalgic laugh that welcomes an old joke you've heard many times that has all those good times riding along with it.

Of course, it has all those variations. Sometimes the asteroid locks in late for "Cargo bay now contains energy asteroid." Sometimes it isn't an asteroid that catches the scanner and your little scout ship announces "cargo bay now contains Colossus." They are less frequent so more surprising and garner more than the usual grin.

But even now sometimes I get something new. The timing is perfect as I gather up missiles, among them a disruptor missile. And the ship tells me "cargo bay now contains disasteroid."
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: I thought I had heard it all

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 14. Feb 20, 10:19

:lol: For some reason after reading this and having a good laugh at it, out of the blue I suddenly pictured myself strapping my 4 year old granddaughter into her car child-seat. I can't imagine what the subconscious connection could be. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 14. Feb 20, 19:47

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 14. Feb 20, 10:19
:lol: For some reason after reading this and having a good laugh at it, out of the blue I suddenly pictured myself strapping my 4 year old granddaughter into her car child-seat. I can't imagine what the subconscious connection could be. :D
Not suggesting anything about your granddaughter, but I have seen some four year olds who might be aptly described as a "disasteroid." When my sons were going through that age range we kept everything we owned that we really didn't want broken on top of the refrigerator. Their accidental destructive powers were astonishing.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

praypold
x4

Post by praypold » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 06:20

"Accidental destructive powers" = Best line I have heard in a good long time! Love the way you write it is so humorous!
- "Charismatic leaders, a populous with fear of the unknown leads to the first casuality of war - The Truth."

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 5. May 20, 19:42

Most of what I get is the echo repeat as I'm finishing a warp to another system. And it happens quite a bit because I tend to keep moving other ships and doing three things at once while I'm either hunting for an Aran or working on Corporate Rep building or damage control because of Corporate Rep building. :P

coldj

Post by coldj » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 19:31

Have always enjoyed all those variations.
But don't forget: "As a reward you get ASTEROID" and "As a reward you get INCOMING MISSLE" :wink:

Lotharian

Post by Lotharian » Wed, 19. Aug 20, 00:50

Just watch out for the Paranid Rapid ASTEROID. That thing is fast.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 18:11

I get more enjoyment out of those parting insults as pirates and enemies are in the process of ejecting, such as: "See how you like THIS" as they bail and leave you with a nice ship to claim.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”