[X2] Is killing pirates a sustainable way of life?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chrushev
x3ap

[X2] Is killing pirates a sustainable way of life?

Post by Chrushev » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 20:48

Hi all, I recently started playing X2 for the first time (playing the series in order). And just got into an Argon Buster. I killed a few pirates, but cant seem to tell if I got any money for doing it? How can I tell if killing pirates is giving me any credits? And how much does it give? Is it a worthwhile thing to do?
Click for stats: XBTF

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [X2] Is killing pirates a sustainable way of life?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 21:12

You only receive a money reward if you have a police licence of the sector owner race. Rewards go from 500 to 5000 iirc (for smaller ships; might be more for M6 and up).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 22:25

With those in consideration, the policing bounty is not terribly lucrative, IIRC.
However, if the pilots bail, then you get ship(s) that even as battered hulks are worth something.

I think the guideline was:
Shoot until they are green or dead

That gives something either way. :teladi:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Chrushev
x3ap

Post by Chrushev » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 23:00

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 10. Mar 20, 22:25
With those in consideration, the policing bounty is not terribly lucrative, IIRC.
However, if the pilots bail, then you get ship(s) that even as battered hulks are worth something.

I think the guideline was:
Shoot until they are green or dead

That gives something either way. :teladi:
How to tell if they are going to bail? And any strategy for making them bail? Ive shot down 2 so far and neither bailed.

Side question, they dropped Space Weed. Where can I sell it? Or is it even worth looting?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 23:55

You can't tell in advance. The ship becomes yours the moment its pilot "jumps out". The key point is to stop shooting so that you won't blow up your price.

When a ship has already lost its shields and is taking hull damage, there is a (small) chance for bail. Logically, take their shields down and then "tickle" their hull.

Two is nothing, statistically. See the FAQ

Space Weed is produced by the Teladi. Carrying it is illegal in some sectors. Pirate Bases definitely buy it.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Chrushev
x3ap

Post by Chrushev » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 19:47

Thank you all for the tips. That FAQ was eyeopening! I managed to get 2 pirates to bail!! WOO

fig
x2

Post by fig » Fri, 13. Mar 20, 01:23

If you haven't realised already, the strafe drive is a must for your ship in X2. Combat is much much harder without one. As a bonus, it makes your ship fly much faster!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”