Split Pteranodon, what can it dock?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pizzalicious

Split Pteranodon, what can it dock?

Post by Pizzalicious » Wed, 26. Feb 20, 09:15

i looked up at roguey and in game and it is also one of the few m2 destroyer's that has a hanger bay but i wonder what ships can it use(especially if it can hold freight or passenger transports)
im planning on buying one or building my self sufficient complex for flail missiles and hammer torpedoes in antigone memorial can anyone test is it either can fit TP or TS.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Split Pteranodon, what can it dock?

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 26. Feb 20, 22:25

16 fighters, apparently:
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... d=46399831

Gee, I have one (somewhere, with full PALC side turrets) but its been a while since I've used it. Totally forgot that it can carry anything. Too used to Python way of life. :split:

M7C Ariadne, M7C Guppy, M2+ Kyoto, M2+ Valhalla, and M1 Aran are the only ones that can carry TS/TP.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Pizzalicious

Post by Pizzalicious » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 15:34

ah thank you, also i just ended up building my massive complex of at least 22 stations(do not know why i'm losing money after i used complex calculator)
also the Ariadne is good on some circumstances but i found out that if you equip a fighter with supply command they can actually ferry back and forth to get the exact amount of supplies in a certain sector useful if you want to get a destroyer supplied with energy cells

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 23:04

Pizzalicious wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 15:34
i just ended up building my massive complex of at least 22 stations(do not know why i'm losing money after i used complex calculator)
Can you list the specs of the complex?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 29. Feb 20, 19:26

Are you sure you're losing money? It can take quite a while for the complex to fill up with resources before you start showing a profit. That can be quite expensive, but you're not actually losing money since you have the value of those resources.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Pizzalicious

Post by Pizzalicious » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 12:21

here is a link to the complex calculator along with my complex i just built:

https://joelbfant.bitbucket.io/x3/x3apo ... &sector=67

Also i found out that although the complex calculator states im losing money(especially after i built it) i found out if i just set my complex Intermediate Product Trading to "Sell" it was already making money,
now having about 17,000,000 in it's local funds

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 18:35

You have 23 stations.

Note: With those Mines you could have more factories. Note that I changed race of some. Same features and looks, but cheaper. If you choose to expand and do have access to Boron SPP XL, then get one.

Even that is not using all capacity of those Mines.

However, your complex is formally self-sufficient, with high margin. It does produce more energy than it needs to create crystals for the SPP and to produce those missiles. Once it has enough resources in stock, it will not need anything from outside.

I have created closed self-sufficient complexes. I did haul initial stock manually (usually crystals). I did give such complex 0 credits, and it never bought anything from anyone. I did have ships to haul off the end products. Therefore, the complex never sold anything either. Never saw a single credit.

Put other way: a self-sufficient complex cannot really "lose credits". Well, unless:
* If it has ships trading, those ships jump, and there is not enough surplus ECell production
* If ships have pilots that get their salary from the account of the complex
* If you allow too much intermediaries to be sold, which halts the energy cycle

I don't do "loops" any more, nor "closed systems". I now try to maximize trade with the NPC. That is where the credits come from.

Like Nanook said, a complex like yours can hold quite a lot of wares in stock and if your complex buys wares, then it converts credits into wares. Wares with a value.

If you do use Trade Mk2 buyers, there is probably nothing stopping them from filling the station stocks.
If you use CAG ... CAG by default fills resource stocks to 80%, but you can change that to a lower value. Similarly, you can control how much intermediaries the CAG will gather, and when it can "sell the surplus".

Pizzalicious

Post by Pizzalicious » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 16:05

i checked it and man...
did not know those 2 mines can supply 8 Hammer and Flail Production Factories!!!
also i think i can access the boron SPP since i'm now in the rank of queen's guard
but i'm not improving it anytime soon as i have just attained the PHQ and i'm planning a Massive Super Complex with the target of supplying every single weapons factory i can get my hands on.
Thanks for the help! :) :)

If you're wondering where i placed my PHQ it's in the unknown sector right beside xenon sector 534(chose it as it possesses a lot of asteroids with a few high yield ones among them)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 19:16

Massive Super
Lets say that when FPS changes into SPF (frames-per-second, seconds-per-frame), then a Complex is no longer small ... :roll:
Pizzalicious wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 16:05
PHQ it's in the unknown sector right beside xenon sector 534(chose it as it possesses a lot of asteroids with a few high yield ones among them)
Understandable.

My preference is to not have factories in the same sector as the HQ. I just like a "clean view" to/from the PHQ. :oops:

Furthermore, I send ships frequently to PHQ, for study or repairs, or tactical retreat. Freshly captured/boarded or damaged. The "Unknown" are not the fastest sectors to pick from the Galaxy map.

Pizzalicious

Post by Pizzalicious » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 20:19

learned the hard way when you meant
not the fastest sectors
also good perspective but since the unknown sector where my PHQ is, half of the sector covered in asteroids but will eventually clean it up
plus makes a good story since there is a destroyed gate in that sector

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”