How low can your Fight & Trade Ranks fall? (TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JJRSC
x4

How low can your Fight & Trade Ranks fall? (TC)

Post by JJRSC » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 21:39

I remember reading that if you don't keep fighting or trading, your Combat and/or Trade ranks will slowly drop, e.g., if you let the game just run on SETA for a week you would likely notice a significant reduction of both of those ranks. I also remember reading there was a limit of how low the ranks could fall but don't remember them anymore (I think it's Veteran and Entrepreneur but am not sure). Does anyone remember? Thank you!

Timsup2nothin

Re: How low can your Fight & Trade Ranks fall? (TC)

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 23:03

JJRSC wrote:
Sat, 1. Feb 20, 21:39
I remember reading that if you don't keep fighting or trading, your Combat and/or Trade ranks will slowly drop, e.g., if you let the game just run on SETA for a week you would likely notice a significant reduction of both of those ranks. I also remember reading there was a limit of how low the ranks could fall but don't remember them anymore (I think it's Veteran and Entrepreneur but am not sure). Does anyone remember? Thank you!
This might not be the best answer, but it may be informative and it's all I've got. I don't remember running across anything like that, ever. To the best I know they can and eventually will drop all the way to zero.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 15:31

According to the FAQ the drop is not due to "not fighting or trading". It is due to being idle, i.e. no control inputs from a user for a long time.
You know how pressing a key interrupts SETA? That keypress is user input.

You can spend ingame days without firing a gun, for example building stations, but that does not count as idle.

I have not tested myself, can't remember, nor can find entirely reliable source, but one third-party page mentions Fighter and Master Dealer (which each have 150 rank points).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 17:26

Thank you both. I think it IS Fighter and Master Dealer, thanks. I remember reading that on the old X3 Wiki, but now that that is gone (can't even get to it via archive.org anymore) am scrambling sometimes for info. Thank goodness for this forum and for Roguey.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 22:00

How can you not find this about game ranks? :?

Quote from it:

"If SETA is left on without player input for long periods the player Trade Rank will drop 0.25% every game hour (6 minutes on 1000% SETA)."

OK, that was for X3AP though I suspect it is a core gameplay from X3TC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 2. Feb 20, 23:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 2. Feb 20, 22:00

Quote from it:

"If SETA is left on without player input for long periods the player Trade Rank will drop 0.25% every game hour (6 minutes on 1000% SETA)."

OK, that was for X3AP though I suspect it is a core gameplay from X3TC.
That doesn't actually say anything about there being a floor and what it is though, and that was the actual question.

I'll repeat that I never heard of any floor, but concede that it does sort of make sense that there would be one.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Feb 20, 11:05

@ Tim, the OP said that they couldn't find the X3 Wiki.

I don't recall discussion of a rep drop floor either, but I do recall discussion about a possible bug leading to unintended rep ceilings.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 3. Feb 20, 16:36

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 2. Feb 20, 22:00
:oops: We all have bad Seach-fu days (or those search engines really censor). The confluence-thingy is too recent for my short-term memory ...

But ...

while the confluence indeed seems to have a copy paste of the "2% and 0.25%" from the FAQ, further down it claims:
Veteran: 22 OBS points (corvettes start to spawn for fight missions) (M3s start to spawn in UFJD sectors)
Fighter: 17: OBS points (M3 will always spawn for a fight missions) (lowest rank idle SETA exploitation will drop to)
Skilled: 13 OBS points

Entrepreneur
Master Dealer: (lowest rank idle SETA exploitation will drop to)
Dealer
Is this "X3WIKI" partly a salvage of third-party fan-site material of the days past?

kermit6664
x4

Post by kermit6664 » Mon, 4. May 20, 07:45

I've just completed the HUB plot in TC, and used SETA and nividium collecting in Kingdom End as a means of just buying all the recources(+a bunch of mines and complexes).
I ran SETA for about 36-38 hours. My fight rank dropped from Master Chief to Fighter(97%), but it did not drop under Fighter when it reached that rank(about 6-10 hours in on SETA).
As for the trade rank I dont think I dropped anything at all(have about 25 sector traders and 10 CLS/CAG).
I was at Master Industrialist when I started the plot, and at the moment I'm at Capitalist rank.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 4. May 20, 10:23

kermit6664 wrote:
Mon, 4. May 20, 07:45
I ran SETA for about 36-38 hours. My fight rank dropped from Master Chief to Fighter(97%), but it did not drop under Fighter when it reached that rank(about 6-10 hours in on SETA).
As for the trade rank I dont think I dropped anything at all(have about 25 sector traders and 10 CLS/CAG).
I was at Master Industrialist when I started the plot, and at the moment I'm at Capitalist rank.

Code: Select all

9		Master Dealer	(150)
23		Master Industrialist	(150 000)
24		Capitalist	(300 000)
29		Pan-Galactic Tycoon	(5 000 000)
30		X-TREME	(10 000 000)
From Master Dealer to Capitalist is about 300k points.

One procent step from PGT to XT is 50k points.
I have way more CAG than you in my X3AP game and it takes perhaps 2 hours ingame to gain 1%.
Perhaps 10 hours ingame to get 300k points with my fleet.

36 RL hours on SETAx6 would be 216 ingame hours.
Your trade fleet was evidently enough to match and (barely) beat the drop.

kermit6664
x4

Post by kermit6664 » Mon, 4. May 20, 10:28

jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 4. May 20, 10:23
kermit6664 wrote:
Mon, 4. May 20, 07:45

Code: Select all

9		Master Dealer	(150)
23		Master Industrialist	(150 000)
24		Capitalist	(300 000)
29		Pan-Galactic Tycoon	(5 000 000)
30		X-TREME	(10 000 000)
From Master Dealer to Capitalist is about 300k points.

One procent step from PGT to XT is 50k points.
I have way more CAG than you in my X3AP game and it takes perhaps 2 hours ingame to gain 1%.
Perhaps 10 hours ingame to get 300k points with my fleet.

36 RL hours on SETAx6 would be 216 ingame hours.
Your trade fleet was evidently enough to match and (barely) beat the drop.
I run SETA on 10x so 360 ingame hours.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 4. May 20, 10:42

Lets put it other way. Master Industrialist has at least 150k points. 0.25% is at least 375 points. Lets say 400.
To stay level one has to gain 400 points per ingame hour. 144k points over 360 hours.
To reach Capitalist, another 150k points is required.
It was thus sufficient to get 900 points per ingame hour?*

One would need over 25k points per ingame hour in order to maintain Pan-Galactic status, while idle.

* Wait, advance means that drop increases too.
Let say one is almost Capitalist and drop is thus 750 points per hour. Then again, not many points are needed to level up, so 900 looks enough.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”