[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO)

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 12:17

Just_Dan wrote:
Sun, 12. Jan 20, 04:50
Good stuff! Just tried it out with 3.0 and it's working perfectly fine so far but I'm sure a bug or two will come up since it's meant for a different version. Really appreciate the re-balance to give it the good ole X3 feel.
Thanks!, and yes, VRO 1.96 works with 3.0 but is miles away from what 2.0 brings.
VRO 2.0 for 3.0 will go in open beta when 3.0 Beta 5 will be released, so you'll be able to try it on following weekend i hope

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 16:36

VRO 2.0 is now officially in open beta, Please see the first page for details.

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 23:20

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 15. Jan 20, 16:36
VRO 2.0 is now officially in open beta, Please see the first page for details.
And I was going to have a quiet day..... Now it seems like i am going to WAR!
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:25

I would like to confirm someting, did you buff Xenon S and M weapons in Ver.2.0?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 09:29

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:25
I would like to confirm someting, did you buff Xenon S and M weapons in Ver.2.0?
As far as i remember they should be approximately the same, but keep in mind that M now has 2 additional guns - Xenon short-ranged plasma guns, so its firepower has doubled. Do they cause trouble?

Cyclo_Hexanol
x4

Post by Cyclo_Hexanol » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 21:29

Having an issue where I can't destroy the turrets on large freighters using the Muon. Not sure if it is the same for other large ships.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 21:58

Cyclo_Hexanol wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 21:29
Having an issue where I can't destroy the turrets on large freighters using the Muon. Not sure if it is the same for other large ships.
Are you playing 2.0 open beta version?
Try other weapons, muon may need a bit of balancing?

Cyclo_Hexanol
x4

Post by Cyclo_Hexanol » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 22:52

So I did a little more testing. Though I do think the muon is kinda strong (spamming spacebar seems to melt shields really fast but that might just be me) the auto cannons had the same issue. I figured out when I try to target the medium tracking turret mk 1s (said mark 1 in scan but looked like it was missing the white part of the model I saw from the station upgrade options) that I cant actually target them and when I try to manually target them with aim assist off instead of dropping the turret's hull it drops the main hull.
I was able to target a large tracking turret on the same ship and drop its shields and then hull so it might be specific to some turrets.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 00:51

Cyclo_Hexanol wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 22:52
So I did a little more testing. Though I do think the muon is kinda strong (spamming spacebar seems to melt shields really fast but that might just be me) the auto cannons had the same issue. I figured out when I try to target the medium tracking turret mk 1s (said mark 1 in scan but looked like it was missing the white part of the model I saw from the station upgrade options) that I cant actually target them and when I try to manually target them with aim assist off instead of dropping the turret's hull it drops the main hull.
I was able to target a large tracking turret on the same ship and drop its shields and then hull so it might be specific to some turrets.
It means that you are playing 1.96 version of the mod that is meant for 2.6 version of the game. New weapons are not balanced there and M turrets cannot be destroyed.
It will work for 3.0 but was not designed/balanced around it.

If you want to play the version 2.0designed for game beta 3.0 than you need to install open beta, instructions are on the first page of this thread.
It will be officially released when when 3.0 drops. Also, it requires new start, even if upgrading from 1.96.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 01:31

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 09:29
Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:25
As far as i remember they should be approximately the same, but keep in mind that M now has 2 additional guns - Xenon short-ranged plasma guns, so its firepower has doubled. Do they cause trouble?
I have a save where is played the same battle with and without VRO. The battle is like 90 of my ships(with 3 XL ships) vs 100~ of xenon small ships. Without VRO, it was a hard battle but my guys won. With VRO, xenon absolutely murdered my guys. They melted an XL ship (modded carrier) in less than a minute. Maybe the AI effed up again, I will do more tests and see how things go.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 08:39

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 01:31

I have a save where is played the same battle with and without VRO. The battle is like 90 of my ships(with 3 XL ships) vs 100~ of xenon small ships. Without VRO, it was a hard battle but my guys won. With VRO, xenon absolutely murdered my guys. They melted an XL ship (modded carrier) in less than a minute. Maybe the AI effed up again, I will do more tests and see how things go.
What do you with and without vro? Are you using 1.96 mod version?
It is not relevant anymore as version 2.0 will soon come in and balance is much different in it, especially for xenons.
And if you used vro 2.0 for the test than it's not relevant either, as 2.0 requires new start, if loaded in old save most ships will be broken, without internal shield generators and without some weapons previously mounted.

Let me know what version you are using!!!

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 23:47

Sorry for stupid question but that mod give more balance in factions wars? For example Xenons don't capture half of galaxy in one hour?

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 00:00

I tested it for i a short time (with the latest 3.0 Beta of course).
Shortly after i entered Hatikvahs Choice i kept on droping out of travel drive. I went back to Argon Prime and my travel drive was working again.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 00:37

phrozen1 wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 00:00
I tested it for i a short time (with the latest 3.0 Beta of course).
Shortly after i entered Hatikvahs Choice i kept on droping out of travel drive. I went back to Argon Prime and my travel drive was working again.
did pirates scan you as in bother you? faction war mod does that, when they scan you it disables travel drive for a short time
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 01:50

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 00:37
did pirates scan you as in bother you? faction war mod does that, when they scan you it disables travel drive for a short time
I don't think so and if they did, i didn't notice. And i kept on getting dropped out of travel drive till i left the sector. But it didn't happen since.
Faction war mod was not active.

What i also noticed:
1. The captain of the ship i was flying myself kept on saying "awaiting orders" a couple of times.
2. I saw a freighter "stuck" and flickering for a while before it got back to normal (it was near me in the same sector).

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 02:19

Any chance of a compatibility with the Blazing Player ship mods?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 02:59

phrozen1 wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 01:50
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 00:37
I don't think so and if they did, i didn't notice. And i kept on getting dropped out of travel drive till i left the sector. But it didn't happen since.
Faction war mod was not active.

What i also noticed:
1. The captain of the ship i was flying myself kept on saying "awaiting orders" a couple of times.
2. I saw a freighter "stuck" and flickering for a while before it got back to normal (it was near me in the same sector).
All of mentioned bugs are known 3.0 beta problems, nothing to do with mod.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 03:00

Rastuasi wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 02:19
Any chance of a compatibility with the Blazing Player ship mods?
Its up to the mod maker to make his ships compatible with VRO, I cant do anything to make it compatible.

Cyclo_Hexanol
x4

Post by Cyclo_Hexanol » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 06:38

Not 100% sure it isnt another installation problem on my end but I think I have 2.0 (it doesnt have a lot of description text and has a 0.1 in the extension list in game) and I still cant target the medium missile turrets.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 06:39

Linux, Beta with VRO 2.0, game froze twice when viewing a Paranid vs HOP fight, only way out is to kill the main() process. I can provide logs, also have a save of right before it freezes, usually takes a few seconds to kick in. I am not close to the fight, just far enough away to see some shots. Game is only about 2 IRL hours old.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”