I don't know where to put this

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jacem
x4

I don't know where to put this

Post by Jacem » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 22:54

I bought x4 on steam a little while ago and tried to register for venture stuff et al. I was told that my e-mail account was already registered. I have a copy of x3 on cd somewhere. So my question.

1) did my old copy of x3 get added to my steam account?

2) if it did not can I get the add-ons from steam. I didn't give steam my credit card number and I'm not giving it to Egosoft do even ask for it.

3) I have the old x3 disks if I install from disk will the add-ons from steam work

4) I really don't use my old handle from back then can I change my username.

thanks

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: I don't know where to put this

Post by CBJ » Mon, 13. Jan 20, 10:15

Most of the answers to your questions depend on which X3 game you are referring to. Drop me a PM with the details of your games, forum accounts and so on, and I'll try and sort things out for you. One way or another, though, the X4 Foundations forum isn't really the right place for the discussion, so I'll move this over to the X Trilogy forum. :)

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 16:01

Jacem wrote:
Sun, 12. Jan 20, 22:54
I bought x4 on steam a little while ago and tried to register for venture stuff et al. I was told that my e-mail account was already registered. I have a copy of x3 on cd somewhere. So my question.

3) I have the old x3 disks if I install from disk will the add-ons from steam work
Not sure if it's relevant here, but I had a problem a while back registering one game, where the hosting board wouldn't accept my email address because it was already taken (by me) for another game hosted on the same board. Probably not the case, but it's one possibility. More likely, you registered the X3 game a long time ago, and no longer remember the name and password associated with it. That's something that probably needs to be handled through Customer Support.

As for 3), If you're running Windows 10, you may not be able to install from the old discs, since it no longer supports either of the two commonly used DRM schemes on most game CDs. The serial number for the game should still be valid here, but Steam has traditionally ONLY accepted game codes from Steam copies, not from other sources. I was unable to install Steam expansions for a couple of non-Steam base games (one purchased on CD, the other as a download from Amazon), because Steam wouldn't recognize the non-Steam installations as valid. Rather than re-buy the base games on Steam, I bought the expansions for both games from a non-Steam source, and had no problems with compatibility.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 16:53

Probably the most important thing if you are wishing to add a Steam X game to a previous account is that you log on with the same Steam and Egosoft accounts (the relevant username and e-mail for each) as used in the previous time of registrations.

Out of interest, have you linked your Stream and Egosoft accounts (or tried to)? If so you definitely must use the previous accounts and profiles.

Of course if you PM CBJ with the details as advised then he will help you to sort all this out by looking up previous registrations, etc.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”