[3.0b2] Station modules taking way too long to build

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

274 Below
x4

[3.0b2] Station modules taking way too long to build

Post by 274 Below » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 20:29

This is the 3.0b2 version of this thread.

Version: 3.0b2, English (although the save was loaded from 2.6)
No mods
Game start: Untested Explorer

I'm adding to my station in Hatikva's Choice I. I'm adding an E-shaped pier. Cool. The ship has drones:

Build storage is good:

And it's taking longer than a full hour to build a single pier:

This does not seem correct.

274 Below
x4

Re: [3.0b2]

Post by 274 Below » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 21:14

Some more interesting behavior I've noticed. The build time starts out correct:

But then after a minute or so, it suddenly jumps up:

(This is a different station in the same save, also exhibiting this behavior.)
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 29. Nov 19, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To make sense after removal of redundant posts.

Thufar
x4

Re: [3.0b2] Station modules taking way too long to build

Post by Thufar » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 22:12

I've noticed this also in my game, although I'm not in agreement that it is "way too long". I've got another thread in another forum suggesting the AI builds new stations too fast. This is one way of slowing it down some. Perhaps a tweak might be in order.

Regards,
Thu

274 Below
x4

Post by 274 Below » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 23:21

Thufar wrote:
Fri, 29. Nov 19, 22:12
I've noticed this also in my game, although I'm not in agreement that it is "way too long". I've got another thread in another forum suggesting the AI builds new stations too fast. This is one way of slowing it down some. Perhaps a tweak might be in order.

Regards,
Thu
Okay, that's a fair point. I should be less subjective in my description of this bug.

The XL ship fab bay is defined as taking 1468 seconds to build, or about 24.5 minutes. In my latest screenshot, it started at 24.5 minutes, and then jumped up to 87 minutes, which is not in line with what the game data files are saying it should take (again, assuming things like available drones and construction materials).

The other example I provided was the Teladi 3-Dock E Pier, which in the game data files, is defined as taking 1333 seconds, or approximately 22.2 minutes. However, in my initial post, it was 22% completed with almost an hour exactly remaining.

So there's clearly a bug here with respect to how long it's supposed to take to build modules vs. how long it's actually taking to build modules.

NoelSt
x4

Post by NoelSt » Sat, 30. Nov 19, 01:21

I've read somewhere in beta feedbacks about this. A player tried with a constructor with no bulid drones and time shows what it suppossed to be. Strange behaviour, i think we have a bug here.

INSANEcyborg
x4

Post by INSANEcyborg » Sat, 30. Nov 19, 02:29

I did something like that. One of my Builders was only sending out 3 drones at a time. I tried destroying them to see if it would send out more. It stopped sending out any drones, but the build time went back to normal.

Bigror
x4

Post by Bigror » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 05:57

I can confirm that using a construction ship without any building drones does, as of patch 3.0 b2, guarantee the fastet build time. Even a construction ship filled with builder drones(believe I had 80 equipped) did not result in faster build times.

Regard,
Bigror

274 Below
x4

Post by 274 Below » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 06:25

I've just confirmed this as well. Construction ship with no drones means that my microchip production factory is taking 22 minutes, whereas it used to be more than an hour.

CaptGensman
x4

Post by CaptGensman » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 13:33

I have the same problem with the latest 2.60 build!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 15:40

If you're still having issues with this in the 3.0 Beta, then we really need to see savegames that demonstrate the problem in order to have a good chance of fixing it.

geronimo3

Post by geronimo3 » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 17:36

it has reoccured for me aswell. but only with a completely new station started construction in 3.0b2. Extending my other stations started construction before 3.0b2 or even 2.6 behave normally in terms of building times. i have a save but not familar with sharing it on a freehoster, i do not wan´t to register with free filehosters because of this. Is there a possibility to email this save (approx 60MB), or another register free filehoster ?

thx, geronimo

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 17:40

what is wrong with dropbox? you have to register but its safe, reliable and free

geronimo3

Post by geronimo3 » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 18:03

hi buzz,

i´am a little older and conservative in my internet behaviour. i have blocked my browser with noscript and even with opening the dropbox urls i cannot register. tons of other links are appearing in noscript are not allowed to execute scripts on my machine.

anyhow, i have remembered my google account and tried google, here is my save

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10LS8ph ... sp=sharing

and i ahve to correct myself, i have long construction times on all my stations, not only the 3.0b2 started ones, sorry

274 Below
x4

Post by 274 Below » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 20:22

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 1. Dec 19, 15:40
If you're still having issues with this in the 3.0 Beta, then we really need to see savegames that demonstrate the problem in order to have a good chance of fixing it.
I've sent links to owen@ for both my 2.6 and 3.0 save exhibiting this behavior.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 20:42

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 1. Dec 19, 15:40
Ah, I thought you were already on this one. Didn't realise more saves were required. I suffered from this quite badly. A module that used to take 3 minutes to build (the connector type) might take 10-15 instead. Modules such as Spaceweed and Swamp Plant were taking 1.5hrs!

The "fix" such as it is, is to let all current modules finish, then remove all Builder Drones from the CV. You can then re-assign the CV to the station and build more of the same modules but at the proper speed. It's like the speed bonus is applied wrong for the number of Drones present.

I fit 80 Builder Drones on my CV's and the slow build bug eventually occurs - yet all Drones are still present, none destroyed / lost, and they still visually appear. Since removing ALL Builders Drones, it's been perfectly fine...so far.

I don't think I have a save showing this anymore, but will have a look.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”