[Mod] XR Ship Pack (28 ships now)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

captainradish
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat, 30. Apr 05, 06:09
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by captainradish » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 19:57

Assuming you can get permission of course, would you consider porting some of the excellent ship mods that were created for XR? I'm thinking in particular the Loki, the Yokohama, and the Polaka (the third Terran TR that wasn't the Lifter or the Miner) that were created for Lost Sectors and Aladinalek's Bulldog. That isn't even including all the good work Marvinthemartian put in.

There were some very very good ship mods made for X:R that would round out X4 pretty nicely, I think.

Max Bain
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 20:44

captainradish wrote:
Thu, 14. Nov 19, 19:57
Assuming you can get permission of course, would you consider porting some of the excellent ship mods that were created for XR? I'm thinking in particular the Loki, the Yokohama, and the Polaka (the third Terran TR that wasn't the Lifter or the Miner) that were created for Lost Sectors and Aladinalek's Bulldog. That isn't even including all the good work Marvinthemartian put in.

There were some very very good ship mods made for X:R that would round out X4 pretty nicely, I think.
Not in this mod. Maybe in another one but this has X:R ships made out of X:R modules as topic.
But if the ships have a very high quality (as high as the vanilla ships), I might add them to another mod.

But all this depends on 3.0 because, to be fair, I have only created this mod because I want to finally play X 4 with enough content. The vanilla game just lacks so many nice ships that I had to add them and I also wait for a more bugfixed and better version of the game with better effects. So my hope lies in 3.0. If that fails, I might stop modding until 4.0 or later.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

captainradish
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat, 30. Apr 05, 06:09
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by captainradish » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 22:33

Max Bain wrote:
Thu, 14. Nov 19, 20:44
captainradish wrote:
Thu, 14. Nov 19, 19:57
Assuming you can get permission of course, would you consider porting some of the excellent ship mods that were created for XR? I'm thinking in particular the Loki, the Yokohama, and the Polaka (the third Terran TR that wasn't the Lifter or the Miner) that were created for Lost Sectors and Aladinalek's Bulldog. That isn't even including all the good work Marvinthemartian put in.

There were some very very good ship mods made for X:R that would round out X4 pretty nicely, I think.
Not in this mod. Maybe in another one but this has X:R ships made out of X:R modules as topic.
But if the ships have a very high quality (as high as the vanilla ships), I might add them to another mod.

But all this depends on 3.0 because, to be fair, I have only created this mod because I want to finally play X 4 with enough content. The vanilla game just lacks so many nice ships that I had to add them and I also wait for a more bugfixed and better version of the game with better effects. So my hope lies in 3.0. If that fails, I might stop modding until 4.0 or later.
Since most X:R mods were kitbashes, I'd say they are as good as vanilla.

As far as 3.0 goes, they're supposed to have it in beta soon (if they don't already). It'll install automatically for me, so we'll see how it is! The changelog has a lot more new features than prior updates did (as well as the big list of fixes).

Max Bain
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 22:57

3.0 broke half of the textures of the ships in this mod. So far I havent found out why and my bug thread has been closed because it is mod related :cry:
Last edited by Max Bain on Thu, 14. Nov 19, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

tomchk
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon, 26. Jan 15, 20:55
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by tomchk » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 22:59

These guys stick to those rules!

Max Bain
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 23:03

tomchk wrote:
Thu, 14. Nov 19, 22:59
These guys stick to those rules!
I know, but without knowledge of what they changed in detail, how will a moder find the solution? I mean the only guys who know what has been changed in the code are the developers.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

tomchk
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon, 26. Jan 15, 20:55
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by tomchk » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 23:07

I bet you they will help when they can--I think this is more a matter of keeping the forums organized and prioritizing vanilla problems, especially while 3.0 beta is under heavy beta development.

Angsaar
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu, 7. Mar 19, 15:03
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Angsaar » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 02:52

If you have a backup of the 2.6 material_library.xml or other related files you can compare them to the beta version with WinMerge, that's how I check for changes.

Edit, exemple:
in 3.0b
par_engine_trim textures moved from
assets\textures\paranid\par_engine_trim_diff and assets\textures\paranid\par_engine_trim_normal
to
assets\textures\generic\generic_engine_trim_diff and assets\textures\generic\generic_engine_trim_normal

And they added new materials like
generic_p1_hullpattern_2sided_v2
and
generic_p1_hulltexture_01_aged

BrummBear02
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri, 3. Oct 08, 20:43
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 03:08

Angsaar wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 02:52
If you have a backup of the 2.6 material_library.xml or other related files you can compare them to the beta version with WinMerge, that's how I check for changes.

Edit, exemple:
in 3.0b
par_engine_trim textures moved from
assets\textures\paranid\par_engine_trim_diff and assets\textures\paranid\par_engine_trim_normal
to
assets\textures\generic\generic_engine_trim_diff and assets\textures\generic\generic_engine_trim_normal

And they added new materials like
generic_p1_hullpattern_2sided_v2
and
generic_p1_hulltexture_01_aged
viewtopic.php?p=4897050#p4897050

Angsaar
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu, 7. Mar 19, 15:03
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Angsaar » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 04:48

BrummBear02 wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 03:08

viewtopic.php?p=4897050#p4897050
Mods relying on XR Materials Mod look black when that mod is active here too. But not without it (although they still look darkened), which leads me to think either it will need to be updated or those mods will have to move to new materials, unless someone with an AMD card confirms it to be Nvidia driver/gpu related. Edit: could be some other sort of bug too.

BrummBear02
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri, 3. Oct 08, 20:43
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 05:38

Angsaar wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 04:48
BrummBear02 wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 03:08

viewtopic.php?p=4897050#p4897050
Mods relying on XR Materials Mod look black when that mod is active here too. But not without it (although they still look darkened), which leads me to think either it will need to be updated or those mods will have to move to new materials, unless someone with an AMD card confirms it to be Nvidia driver/gpu related. Edit: could be some other sort of bug too.
I already stated that i dont have issues with dark XR ships while i run the current beta version. and i have an Radeon RX480. Thats why i asked for someone else with an AMD card to give feedback.

Angsaar
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu, 7. Mar 19, 15:03
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Angsaar » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 07:44

I misunderstood, in "Can we find someone with an AMD card to double check this?" I thought you had an Nvidia card and had no issues with your mod.

Max Bain
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 11:53

I too think that it is some Nvidia specific problem now.

I tested to import the X:R textures directly into the mod but it had no effect.
I also updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version and tried to disable some settings like antialiasing or so but no effect :(.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

Angsaar
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu, 7. Mar 19, 15:03
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Angsaar » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 19:21

One aspect that jumped to me: some textures can be seen through while others are black, but all are fully opaque.

Perhaps something to do with how Nvidia cards process (or don't here) what should be normal maps?

Edit: Rebirth materials use a number of maps besides a normal map (smooth, metal, color_glow, color_dirt and diffuse_paint), some of these are currently used in X4 also. Nvidia might be borking one of these affecting XR materials more

Edit2: Some screens of Vanilla and Mod ships with vanilla shaders/materials, if any Vanilla ships look different for you on AMD we can file a bug report.

https://imgur.com/oIiBgVi
https://imgur.com/P8ypF5O
https://imgur.com/Zmr3dHw ---> The Sulaco is an interesting case, has normal parts and darkened parts
https://imgur.com/q9cckHE
https://imgur.com/kDr95Yi
https://imgur.com/F8vJmOm
https://imgur.com/b7An5Sn
https://imgur.com/lD4iTUj
https://imgur.com/JbRPyN1
https://imgur.com/EvZAaRA
https://imgur.com/IZUyGGH
https://imgur.com/KqETnjJ
https://imgur.com/LewqBBR

Warnoise
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue, 8. Mar 16, 00:47

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Warnoise » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 12:19

Hi, first let me thank you for this mod. It is an amazing mod that adds so much to the game.

After playing with it for a while, here are my observations:

-The devastator side turrets only fire at a very a narrow angle. Sometimes enemy should be within firing range yet they don't fire.
-While the Paranids are producing the new ships no problem, i noticed that the HOP doesn't produce them at all (despite having the means since they just spam Odysseus)

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”