Dead is dead question X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alterami
x3tc

Dead is dead question X3AP

Post by alterami » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 11:38

I am playing a dead is dead game and I have built up a good little empire and have gotten a Pteranodon but now would like to find the pandora crates, and from what Ive read, most people refer to a script...i do not know if thats an option for me and I am reluctant to try since I dont want to lose my DID game due to it....so my questions are:

1. Is it possible to use scripting in dead is dead mode?

2. What is the fastest way to find the pandora crates without causing a modified game? Is it s question of sending a kestrel out and doing a map sector command, or just manually dropping adv satellites everywhere?

3. Ive heard there is a homing beacon available in the shady business plot....is this something that can be utilized, or is it just a temporary thing....could i do the plot halfway and just keep the device indefinitely?

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Dead is dead question X3AP

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 12:16

1. Well DiD is a way of playing without using saving as a lifebelt. If you want to play DiD in a modified game and have the self-constraint to stick to the rules then why not? You just cannot play the Steam imposed DiD that way and maybe eventually get the Steam achievement on completion if your system stability and luck allows. (If you are going modded then why not just mod in the ship tunings you want?)

2. There is no fast way in vanilla - just incredible luck and patience looking around UFJD sectors using combinations of a fast ship, remote viewing modes and advanced satellites while not even knowing if what you seek is even there (which in most by far of UFJD sectors you will look in, it isn't.)

3. No, the plot sensor/tracker is only useful for the plot stage.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alterami
x3tc

Post by alterami » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 12:29

I want to find the tunings in the fastest way that would be still be compatible with dead is dead mode.

I did not expect there to be a fast way to find them but I am sure some methods work faster than others. I know they wont show up in some cases until you are close...does this include only the player ship or could i say, take a fleet of 100 ships following me to increase the scan range to include all the ships scanners rather than just one?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 12:39

Well you are pretty much limited to your own ship and what is docked on it for UFJD jumping (unless you say use nested Arans etc - good luck with that too!). There may be tricks and exploits you can play with the timing of changing ships during the countdown but they tend to have failure risks not really suitable for DiD.

As to the fastest strict vanilla DiD way to find stuff in UFJD sectors, you might find this interesting as to the probabilities involved.

alterami
x3tc

Post by alterami » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 12:45

Thanks, I had already read through that post. I understand the probabilities are low as to whether they spawn..my questions are how to find them easier if they do spawn....also its not limited to the unfocussed sectors, i havent found any of the random ones in the regular sectors yet either. Supposing i did take a carrier full of kestrels though, would their scanners reveal the crates as well, or only the player ship? Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 12:48

There are no random ones in the regular sectors in vanilla X3AP.

Oh, I just researched that the plot detector does still work somewhat if you UFJD *while that plot stage is left incomplete and active*, but it tends only to find the nearest crate - usually e-cells.

hope_winger

Post by hope_winger » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 13:15

I'm curious as to why you would want to 'have so much' in order to complete the Dead is Dead achievement - or are you trying to complete EVERY achievement as a Suicidal Squid?

--

alterami
x3tc

Post by alterami » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 13:16

Thanks, yeah I had read that same post about the detector device.....which is why I asked if I could just start the plot to get the detector device, and then stop the plot and keep the device to use in UFJD sectors...I guess there is one way to find out... Thanks

alterami
x3tc

Post by alterami » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 13:17

hope_winger wrote:
Wed, 13. Nov 19, 13:15
I'm curious as to why you would want to 'have so much' in order to complete the Dead is Dead achievement - or are you trying to complete EVERY achievement as a Suicidal Squid?

--
I don't want so much....I'm just playing the game in that mode and trying to enhance my ship.

hope_winger

Post by hope_winger » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 17:09

alterami wrote:
Wed, 13. Nov 19, 13:17
hope_winger wrote:
Wed, 13. Nov 19, 13:15

--
I don't want so much....I'm just playing the game in that mode and trying to enhance my ship.
I see. It is a handsome ship but I found DiD easier in a TM with PBG equipped Nova Raiders. Zephyrus is my first choice - with plenty of fast missiles. There is something to be said opting for the overkill method - I did my first DiD in a Panther.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”