[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (9 ships now)

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 2. Nov 19, 22:31

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 2. Nov 19, 20:29

To the save tag... what is it for?
This parameter indicates whether the mod can be safely disabled.

In your case, this is not possible. If you disable the mod, all ships associated with it will be removed from the game. This will lead to errors and problems continuing the game.

And the parameter == 1 will not allow you to load the save file without your mod.
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion01_smokestreak_01_data\anim_smoke01-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 AssetManager::GetAssetIntern() invalid handle(255:16777215)
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion01_smokestreak_01_data\anim_fire01-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion02_firestreak_01_data\anim_sparkles-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion02_smokestreak_01_data\fire-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion02_smokestreak_01_data\smoke-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion02_nova_01_data\anim_nova01-lod0.xmf!

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 09:15

For Balor, I feel like the number of turrets should be dropped, perhaps remove 6 ( 3 from each side). Reasoning being that I can solo a K with only losing half shields, and that is only using Pulse and Bolt turrets and I was deliberating getting underneath the K where I can expose the ship to most of the K's guns, what happens is that, due to the sheer amount of turrets (2x more than a K) my Balor simply strips all the turrets from the K rather quickly due to superior turret coverage and plummets it easily.

My personal opinion in terms of balance is that no L class ships should be stronger than a K at close range especially when a K does not carry small ships or missile and it is easily 2 times bigger than any L ships. Also within the lore, Xenon ships are supposed to outclass any ships the flesh bags can build so I rather not my tiny Balor solo it that easily without exploiting its vulnerabilities. But those are just my personal opinions in terms of balance, I do still enjoy the ships and will still play this incredible mod.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 09:37

xWolfzx wrote:
Sun, 3. Nov 19, 09:15
For Balor, I feel like the number of turrets should be dropped, perhaps remove 6 ( 3 from each side). Reasoning being that I can solo a K with only losing half shields, and that is only using Pulse and Bolt turrets and I was deliberating getting underneath the K where I can expose the ship to most of the K's guns, what happens is that, due to the sheer amount of turrets (2x more than a K) my Balor simply strips all the turrets from the K rather quickly due to superior turret coverage and plummets it easily.

My personal opinion in terms of balance is that no L class ships should be stronger than a K at close range especially when a K does not carry small ships or missile and it is easily 2 times bigger than any L ships. Also within the lore, Xenon ships are supposed to outclass any ships the flesh bags can build so I rather not my tiny Balor solo it that easily without exploiting its vulnerabilities. But those are just my personal opinions in terms of balance, I do still enjoy the ships and will still play this incredible mod.
I completely agree with you that the Ks should be stronger than any destroyer. In fact the K is an XL ship (so more like a battleship).
But balancing the ships to the K would result in very limited ships. The K has only 13 turrets.

The problem here lies within the K itsel. It is simply way too weak. The best fix here would be to make the weapons of the Xenon much stronger or give them (nearly all) addinional turrets because not only the K is too weak in my opinion.

My plan is to make an overhaul mod after the Ship Pack that will fix the balancing (or at least try to) and improve some effects and many sounds. But this takes time, so first I want to add enough ships as a core for a following mod.

Edit: I think you dont even need a balor to defeat a K.. a Behemoth can do this as well. It has fewer turrets, but it has 2 extra large front weapons and an extra L turret. Shouldnt be much weaker than a Balor.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 10:21

I've actually tried with a Behemoth / Oddy before, and no, I cannot win at knife range simply because of the weapon coverage as well as the smaller amount of turrets means that I am not able to strip the K's turrets unlike with the Balor which can actually fire 19 turrets if you face towards the L turret.

But yeah, I get what you mean, the balancing of vanilla ships is just... bad, that compounded with the fact that M class turrets and weapon ranges are too short for the AI to use them effectively is making me play X4 only occasionally and right now just to test around with your ships... when I'm not at the gym, at work, watching shows and playing destiny 2 :P

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 10:42

xWolfzx wrote:
Sun, 3. Nov 19, 10:21
I've actually tried with a Behemoth / Oddy before, and no, I cannot win at knife range simply because of the weapon coverage as well as the smaller amount of turrets means that I am not able to strip the K's turrets unlike with the Balor which can actually fire 19 turrets if you face towards the L turret.

But yeah, I get what you mean, the balancing of vanilla ships is just... bad, that compounded with the fact that M class turrets and weapon ranges are too short for the AI to use them effectively is making me play X4 only occasionally and right now just to test around with your ships... when I'm not at the gym, at work, watching shows and playing destiny 2 :P
Keep in mind that only because the Behemoth can not shoot with all turrets at one target, it will be able to shoot in bigger battles with many targets. So a 1vs1 comparison is not always the best to for balancing.

But I will check the Balor again and maybe I can remove 2 or 4 turrets. But the side turrets fit perfect to its design so I dont want to remove them. Also it shall have more turrets than the Behemoth because it lacks 3 L turrets (one L should weight like 2-4 M turrets at least).

Yes please give me more feedback. Especially if you find any bugs...
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (12 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 17:00

Uploaded 0.9.4.0 including 3 more XL non combat ships (screenshots in second post).

Enjoy :)

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 17:22

without breath wowow

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 17:40

Mod is now on steam as well :)

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 05:45

The Balor & Red Knight [Gangrene Chaser] Are awesome, however, is this compatible with "scaleplate use all" (gives the pirates more choice in their ships...) ?
I think its quicker if I answer my own question and see if it needs to be adjusted..
Groovy in the meantime!
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 10:09

Staberind wrote:
Mon, 4. Nov 19, 05:45
The Balor & Red Knight [Gangrene Chaser] Are awesome, however, is this compatible with "scaleplate use all" (gives the pirates more choice in their ships...) ?
I think its quicker if I answer my own question and see if it needs to be adjusted..
Groovy in the meantime!
It depends on what you mean with compatible...
the mod should work with every other mod as long as the mod does not use the same ship IDs, which I doubt anyone does. So it should work with all mods.
But I dont know what your mod you are using does, so if your pirate mod adds more ships to the pirate factions, the ships inside this ship pack wont be added to the pirates factions. But you still can build them and the 3 main races will build the ships without a problem.
However, I will add at least some of the ships in this pack to the pirate factions anyway.

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 15:27

Awesome, Cheers.
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (14 ships now)

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 23:14

You are welcome.

Just uploaded 0.9.5.
Changelog and pics on first page.

Enjoy

wesley32
x4

Post by wesley32 » Mon, 11. Nov 19, 10:45

Great mod, enjoying this alot! I'm trying to recreate the X:R sectors in X4. Works well together!

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 12. Nov 19, 09:06

wesley32 wrote:
Mon, 11. Nov 19, 10:45
Great mod, enjoying this alot! I'm trying to recreate the X:R sectors in X4. Works well together!
Thank you! Nice to hear you like it :).

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 12. Nov 19, 10:04

Hi, question:

1-Does the balor use its main Missiles battery?
2-Does the Sucellus use its main gun?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 12. Nov 19, 12:46

Warnoise wrote:
Tue, 12. Nov 19, 10:04
Hi, question:

1-Does the balor use its main Missiles battery?
2-Does the Sucellus use its main gun?
In x4 there are no Missile batteries (yeah that sucks). So no, the balor only uses missile turrets if equipped.
The Sucellus uses its main guns only if you equip them. It has 3 slots for main weapons.

Just check it out ;)

ns88ns
x4

Post by ns88ns » Tue, 12. Nov 19, 17:33

Hi, Max Bain.

Question: There is folder XR_ShipPack\units_size_l_ice_collector_data in the extension. The same folder exists in XR_ShipPack\assets\units\size_xl\units_size_l_ice_collector_data

It looks like XR_ShipPack\units_size_l_ice_collector_data is kind of lost garbage. Could you, please, confirm?

Thank you in advance.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 12. Nov 19, 21:26

ns88ns wrote:
Tue, 12. Nov 19, 17:33
Hi, Max Bain.

Question: There is folder XR_ShipPack\units_size_l_ice_collector_data in the extension. The same folder exists in XR_ShipPack\assets\units\size_xl\units_size_l_ice_collector_data

It looks like XR_ShipPack\units_size_l_ice_collector_data is kind of lost garbage. Could you, please, confirm?

Thank you in advance.
Yepp. You can delete the folder in the root directory. I normally work in that direction before I convert the model files, so I forgot to delete the folder.

ns88ns
x4

Post by ns88ns » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 00:53

Got it.
Thank you for your mod and your time you spent to create it.

darklead
x4

Post by darklead » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 09:52

Great mod!! Is there any chance to see the Albion Skunk in future?
The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”