[MOD] BrummBears ship mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What next?

L or XL sized transporter for the Crucible Corp
10%
XL sized carrier for the Crucible Corp
10%
M sized drone carrier for the Crucible Corp
5%
M sized transporter for the Crucible Corp
5%
X2 Mammoth remake
5%
X2 Titan remake
16%
Ebon Hawk
11%
Cowboy Bebop - The Bebop (Ship)
6%
Try a Boron ship!
14%
Try a Boron ship!
14%
Start with Stations already...
4%

Total votes: 243

steve_v
x4

Re: [MOD] BrummBears ship mods

Post by steve_v » Sun, 21. Jul 19, 14:39

BrummBear02 wrote:
Sun, 21. Jul 19, 14:12
RCS flames are maveuvering thrusters?
Reaction Control System == Manoeuvring thrusters. :)
BrummBear02 wrote:
just delete them in the xml.
Roger that.
BrummBear02 wrote:
the holes in the collision are fixable but youd have to use blender and the converter. if u have no expirience with that i highly doubt you can. also this is on my list of bugs and will be fixed.
Compiling Blender (Gentoo GNU/Linux) will take a while, but I should probably do that anyway. The converter is Windoze-only though, right?
There's no such thing as "can't", but my motivation is somewhat limited... It's probably not annoying enough to warrant the effort right now TBH.

Sir_Wabbit
x4

Post by Sir_Wabbit » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 11:50

BrummBear02 wrote:
Sun, 21. Jul 19, 03:42
Sir_Wabbit wrote:
Fri, 19. Jul 19, 15:26
Love the work youve done so far, I hope you update/finish the tutorial you were writing too. Do you still take requests? Would The X3TC springblossom be possible (would it be an M ship?)?
ive never really taken requests ;) but i already had that ship on my list of "interesting" ships. so ill give u a maybe.

thank you all for your kind words!
also the X2 titan won the poll. i was actually suprised by that but guess thats the next ship ill finish.
Awesome, the game needs some more good M playership choices in my opinion. Keep up the quality work!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 26. Jul 19, 00:02

BrummBear02 wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 01:19
but keep in mind i do this for a hobby and basically dont know shit about 3d modelling and programming. so everything takes longer for me.
Keep at it... and you'll get better quickly. I started the same 12 years ago :goner: . Small conversion jobs for X3 ships (kitbash only from original files). Then more (small custom parts on original ships) Then custom ships with mostly original details borrowed from original ships and gradually transitioned to custom ships from scratch. Don't shy away from challenges/ areas that are out of your comfort zone - it's how you learn new stuff :)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 04:02

While im still working on the X2 Titan i also finished the Wrath. Take a look and give feedback plx.
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 11:02

Any WIP screenshots of Titan and maybe other ships? This topic was too quiet for too long :)

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 18:23

sure. here you go ^^ its not too much but i think it looks good so far.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 13:46

:o :o Very cool , cant wait.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 20:55

Looks pretty sweet!

I do, however, wish that one of the options in the poll was "Make working landing gear." Your stuff is excellent, but the semi/non-functioning gear draws my eye too much.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 22:06

captainradish wrote:
Wed, 25. Sep 19, 20:55
Looks pretty sweet!

I do, however, wish that one of the options in the poll was "Make working landing gear." Your stuff is excellent, but the semi/non-functioning gear draws my eye too much.
Landing gear is animated and thus cant be changed. i have to work with whatever animation there is. sure i can change the mesh but not the way it gets animated.
the only ship this really bothered me was the envy and the jealousy. the S ships are fine and the landing gear on the tension also works fine i think?

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 18:26

Hi,

Love the fact you are adding new ship designs!! But I am finding I do not use them much because they are a bit undergunned... For example the Envy and similar, lack not just front facing hard points, but turret hardpoints as well.

Would love to see some frigate, destroyer and cruiser designs as well as more fighters.. Also a few more trading vessels etc.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 20:28

To be honest the only 2 ships i like is the Crucible Corp Wrath M2 Destroyer atm it has a small bug you can't walk on it but for a AI to command it is a nice to have and the Crucible Corp Tension M6 Troop Transporter i don't see any bugs atm the scale size is perfect compare to the (Curcible Corp Jealousy M6 Corvette (Envy variant Curcible Corp Envy M6 Frigate X2 Argon Centaur remake) i hope in the future after 3.0 he will make a combat ship out off Crucible Corp Tension M6 Troop Transporter and adding more M ships maybe something like this https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/scifi-f ... 58abf988cc :)

Theodore Lionheart
x4

Post by Theodore Lionheart » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 05:15

Is that the UNSC Infinity i see in the collection of pictures?

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 12:12

Theodore Lionheart wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 05:15
Is that the UNSC Infinity i see in the collection of pictures?
Yes. I wanted to base a ship on it since I like the design. Sadly the way the model is made makes it super hard to steal parts of it or make changes to it so I scraped that project. But there is another ship from the halo universe I wanna do, the Spirit of Fire.

On the topic that my ships are undergunned... I balance them based on x4 vanilla. The envy balanced in comparison to the cerberus. It is more agile and faster than the carberus. It has 3 shields and thus is pretty well protected. On the downside it has less firepower than the cerberus. One turret less.The envy is intedet to be some sort of defensive sector patrol ship. I would not call that underpowered. If you want to chainsaw through enemys there is the jealousy. Which is basically a minimal better nemesis with only small differences to agility and speed but one more main gun. And ofc the tension isn't well armed but decently shielded. It's a troop transporter and not an attack ship.

Ofc I made no ship that can do everything, that would be op and basically game breaking. I don't want that for my ships. Also I wanted them to work with rebalance mods like vro. If i stick to vanilla balance there should be no issue here. If you want op player ships I recommend the blazing ship mod of iforgotmysocks. Two very neat ships. A cerberus and nemesis better in every aspect.

Shazbot01
x3tc

Post by Shazbot01 » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 17:10

Any chance you played a game made by Novalogic called Tachyon? Galspan made some very pretty fighters and capitals, it would be a treat to see any of them in X4!

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 22:08

negative on that one. sorry ^^

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Tue, 29. Oct 19, 01:27

[ external image ]

just to show im not quitting ^^

nickolaiproblem
x4

Post by nickolaiproblem » Tue, 29. Oct 19, 23:29

BrummBear02 wrote:
Tue, 29. Oct 19, 01:27
[ external image ]

Excellent

ZeroBoogie
x4

Post by ZeroBoogie » Thu, 31. Oct 19, 23:41

BrummBear02 wrote:
Tue, 29. Oct 19, 01:27
[ external image ]

WoW that's so cool, I'm practicing mine, doesn't look anything as close to yours but I'm getting there ;) I love your tutorial guide, so helpful.

Thank you.

Mileniumman

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 23:35

it was brought to my attention that the 3.0 beta causes issues with the textures of modded ships.
I myself have no issues and it seems like the problem is caused by Nvidia cards.
Can we find someone with an AMD card to double check this? Please install

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/299 and https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/354
and then tell me if my ship and the Red Knight is pitch black or work fine for you.

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 05:46

BrummBear02 wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 23:35
it was brought to my attention that the 3.0 beta causes issues with the textures of modded ships.
I myself have no issues and it seems like the problem is caused by Nvidia cards.
Can we find someone with an AMD card to double check this? Please install

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/299 and https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/354
and then tell me if my ship and the Red Knight is pitch black or work fine for you.
Pitch black... all custom ships are for me (GTX 980Ti)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”