[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.82 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon, 1. Nov 10, 11:00
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:12

Well we got information today that 3.0 and the DLC wont be out till the end of the year so I guess I'll try this mod now.

johnycamaro
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat, 3. May 14, 12:47
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by johnycamaro » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:47

ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 17:43
I wonder if everyone gets the same result. But in my game Ossian raids are unstoppable. Submod for MK1 raids creates quite often Santuary + 2 Eurekas. This amount of meat cannot be punched through by any faction, because defense force in most of the time consists of 2-3 destroyers + 3-4 M ships. Main factions priority to build their own flagships is too low or resource feed is too low?
well i installed the mod after i build mine factory shipyard thats self produces its parts. IT cost About 1 billion. IT produces 6 mk3 arrawns and about 80 nemmesis and 80 pulsars an hour. NO the ossian raiders ar no problem. Just starten to invade there sector with 4 mk3 arrawns and 60 nemmisis 40 cerberus and 80 pulsars. And there are 6 more mk3 ready to join the fight. The arrawns are one hell of a beast!

ScandyNav
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 19:54

johnycamaro wrote:
Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:47
ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 17:43
I wonder if everyone gets the same result. But in my game Ossian raids are unstoppable. Submod for MK1 raids creates quite often Santuary + 2 Eurekas. This amount of meat cannot be punched through by any faction, because defense force in most of the time consists of 2-3 destroyers + 3-4 M ships. Main factions priority to build their own flagships is too low or resource feed is too low?
well i installed the mod after i build mine factory shipyard thats self produces its parts. IT cost About 1 billion. IT produces 6 mk3 arrawns and about 80 nemmesis and 80 pulsars an hour. NO the ossian raiders ar no problem. Just starten to invade there sector with 4 mk3 arrawns and 60 nemmisis 40 cerberus and 80 pulsars. And there are 6 more mk3 ready to join the fight. The arrawns are one hell of a beast!
I mean they are problem for NPC sectors. Factions do not build that amount of firepower, which needed to take out these raids.

Wonsz
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:51
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Wonsz » Wed, 4. Sep 19, 08:41

I got my own Arawn Mk1. Shipyard promissed me a carrier. On a galaxy map it looks like a carrier. But it does not behave like a carrier - I can't restock or repair any ship with it. Neighter can I give command "get supplies". Vanilla carriers and auxiliary ships are working (more or less ;) ) Is this how this mod works, or did I do something wrong? Can anyone confirm that carriers itroduced by this mod work like vanilla carriers?

sco1981
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 14:47
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:43

teleportationwars wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 12:39
sco1981 wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 09:01
ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 20:27
Found one problem. Looks like Eureka can't fit into S.highways when IS. It just stuck there.

Image
Yeah, all bigger size ships got this problem.
I did solve this but the X4 converter produce some game crashes, so i can't provide the update.
If CG089 release a new beta with a fix for this crash then i can update my mod.
Meanwhile you can let the AI fly through the gate/highway.
Do you guys care about this? I don't think it would be hard to fix from md/ai.
Yeah, it is a big problem for player direct controlled ships. AI can fly fine through the gates.
ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 2. Sep 19, 19:54
johnycamaro wrote:
Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:47
ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 17:43
I wonder if everyone gets the same result. But in my game Ossian raids are unstoppable. Submod for MK1 raids creates quite often Santuary + 2 Eurekas. This amount of meat cannot be punched through by any faction, because defense force in most of the time consists of 2-3 destroyers + 3-4 M ships. Main factions priority to build their own flagships is too low or resource feed is too low?
well i installed the mod after i build mine factory shipyard thats self produces its parts. IT cost About 1 billion. IT produces 6 mk3 arrawns and about 80 nemmesis and 80 pulsars an hour. NO the ossian raiders ar no problem. Just starten to invade there sector with 4 mk3 arrawns and 60 nemmisis 40 cerberus and 80 pulsars. And there are 6 more mk3 ready to join the fight. The arrawns are one hell of a beast!
I mean they are problem for NPC sectors. Factions do not build that amount of firepower, which needed to take out these raids.
Thats right, without the player, the factions get some serious problems. But this is intented for the flagships submods, so the player has a new goal.

sco1981
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 14:47
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:50

TSchmidtC wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 14:30
Hello after a short break, I've started a new game, and tetst with ROR.

After starting the ROR main mod I flew through the ORA sector and the gate to the TTC sector is inactive.

In the ORA sector there were several Eureka MK1 and MK3 ships, although all extensions are switched.

The ORA began their invasion about an hour later, they built a station module and positioned a couple of ships for backup, including 2 Normal Destroyer.
The HOP are not hostile to the ORA and seem to supply the ORA site with material that ORA have no construction ship
The ORA have only attacked the Teladi, since the Teladi Gate has been moved to the other sector there has been no invasion after Stiller Witness.
Earlier, the ORA first attacked the argons.

This is the state after about 2 hours.

The problem with the inactive goal seems to be caused by the game start with version 2.5.
I've read in a commentary of Another mod adds the sectors added that there is also someone inactive gates.
The Moder checked the MD file with the list of forced goals and missed those goals.
HOP has a bad position, they got XENON, Argon and Paranid as enemy. If ORA would be enemy to HOP, then HOP would die really quick.
The problem with Silent Witness is a Egosoft AI problem, custom races seems not to invade neutral sectors. I hope Egosoft will fix this soon.
There are inactive gates because of addons for more sectors in the future.
I am planing to develop this mod further with the release of 3.0 beta.
Wonsz wrote:
Wed, 4. Sep 19, 08:41
I got my own Arawn Mk1. Shipyard promissed me a carrier. On a galaxy map it looks like a carrier. But it does not behave like a carrier - I can't restock or repair any ship with it. Neighter can I give command "get supplies". Vanilla carriers and auxiliary ships are working (more or less ;) ) Is this how this mod works, or did I do something wrong? Can anyone confirm that carriers itroduced by this mod work like vanilla carriers?
Didnt play after the resupply ships and new functions, but are you refering to supply carriers or to real carriers?
I thought that only supply carriers can restock other ships.

Wonsz
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:51
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Wonsz » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 14:44

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:50
Didnt play after the resupply ships and new functions, but are you refering to supply carriers or to real carriers?
I thought that only supply carriers can restock other ships.
I'm not sure what are "supply" or "real" carriers and I can't check it in game, since I'm waiting for Ego to fix [url=viewtopic.php?f=192&t=418888]this[url] issue - except I don't have 10 or 20 minutes ;)
From what I remember, there are two types of ships in vanilla that can resupply other ships - L carriers (for S and M - ARG Colossus) and XL auxiliary ships (that also work with L and XL - ARG Nomad). Your mod has some XL ships that looks like carriers and are described in lore as carrierrs (e.g. Arawn), but I can't use them for resupplying other ships. I can see that you updated your mod after release of 2.50, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature ;)

Max Bain
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed, 27. Jun 18, 19:05
x3ap

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 10:09

Hi, when I want all the ships, but I dont want the Ossian race to overwhelm everything, what mod should I use? There are at least 3 ship mods from you :D. In fact I can live without the new race if the ships stay available for me and all old races :).
Not that the idea of a new race is bad, but I dont want to have so much stress playing against a super faction additionally to Xenon.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421306
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=419641
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) viewtopic.php?f=181&t=421266

sco1981
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 14:47
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 17:04

Wonsz wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 14:44
sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:50
Didnt play after the resupply ships and new functions, but are you refering to supply carriers or to real carriers?
I thought that only supply carriers can restock other ships.
I'm not sure what are "supply" or "real" carriers and I can't check it in game, since I'm waiting for Ego to fix [url=viewtopic.php?f=192&t=418888]this[url] issue - except I don't have 10 or 20 minutes ;)
From what I remember, there are two types of ships in vanilla that can resupply other ships - L carriers (for S and M - ARG Colossus) and XL auxiliary ships (that also work with L and XL - ARG Nomad). Your mod has some XL ships that looks like carriers and are described in lore as carrierrs (e.g. Arawn), but I can't use them for resupplying other ships. I can see that you updated your mod after release of 2.50, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature ;)
If i understand you right, Argon Colossus carrier can resupply S and M ships? Then i have to look why my ships dont work with that feature.
Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 21. Sep 19, 10:09
Hi, when I want all the ships, but I dont want the Ossian race to overwhelm everything, what mod should I use? There are at least 3 ship mods from you :D. In fact I can live without the new race if the ships stay available for me and all old races :).
Not that the idea of a new race is bad, but I dont want to have so much stress playing against a super faction additionally to Xenon.
If you use the Mainmod only, then the Ossian Raider shouldnt be a problem. They will start to invade with few ships after 72h ingame time, nothing big, just like other races.
If you activate one or both of the flagship mods, then the Ossian Raider becomes a threat.

Warnoise
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue, 8. Mar 16, 00:47

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:21

Can i install this mod in an existing game? (not new game)

sco1981
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 14:47
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 19:43

Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:21
Can i install this mod in an existing game? (not new game)
yes.

Warnoise
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue, 8. Mar 16, 00:47

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 03:28

sco1981 wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 19:43
Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:21
Can i install this mod in an existing game? (not new game)
yes.
Thank you for answer. Is it compatible with 2.6?

Wonsz
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:51
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Wonsz » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 07:59

Yes, I'm playing beta with this mod and have no problems.

Thecrippler
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue, 8. Jan 19, 16:43

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Thecrippler » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 15:39

sco1981 i have a small favor to ask can you move XL turrets on Arawn mk 1 and Taranis mk1 on the back off the engine on front off the ships Arawn mk 1 Marked with https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871585934 Taranis mk1 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871585870 after the 2.6

User avatar
Shuulo
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon, 14. Apr 08, 17:03
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:22

Heya sco,
Im back from a bit of slumber with 2.6 and upcoming 3.0.
Do you plan to update this mod after 2.6? Im trying to start the long ago promised comp. patch so thinking if I would include your files into VRO's base mod to have a built-in compatibility, or is this not the best idea?

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”