Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 31. Aug 19, 22:09

Zealoth wrote:
Mon, 26. Aug 19, 21:15
But LU works fine with 3.3 AP?
Don't want to start a game and have it bork out
It's just a single line of code that hasn't been updated, so it will work fine. I have played the game for hundreds of hours after that message started popping up, and everything has been working just fine.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

odin creed
x4

Post by odin creed » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 09:34

HEY GUYS,i have known about this mod for awhile but i thought it might be 2 hard,but then i decided what the hay.well i installed the base mod and then the patch and the gui but i have alot of read texts in the game they seem to be mostly in the weapons category how can i fix this please?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 12:14

Is your game in English? No bonus package?

odin creed
x4

Post by odin creed » Fri, 13. Sep 19, 09:13

yes in English with nothing else installed

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 18:32

Early game, one of my STs is stuck on "Searching for trade opportunity". 300 ecells and no other cargo. What could the problem be? I have tried other sectors but no matter what sector he just sits there. He's on Level 1 and has never made any trades. 3 other identical STs working fine and levelling up.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 20:17

Destroy or sell and build a new one.

nickexists
x3ap

Post by nickexists » Sat, 14. Dec 19, 23:02

I recently upgraded from vanilla to Litcube and it's amazing. I have been getting some occasional freezes though, usually right when I enter specific sectors. In addition to Litcube I have a few of the standard compatibles mods, satellite monitoring, reloaded reloaded traders, etc.

When these freezes happen there is nothing I can do, I can't alt+tab out of the game or even get access to the task manager. The best I found is to use ctrl+alt+del to sign out which forcibly closes the game. Are there any logs or anything saved that would allow be to debug the cause of this issue?

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 02:49

This "reloaded reloaded traders" mod... was it specifically made for LU? If not, there is a high chance that it is the cause of the problem. Most X3AP scripts break LU.

Do you have slow RAM or a slow hard drive? The freezes when entering a sector are most likely your computer rendering/loading all the ships and stations in that sector. High-poly models and high-res textures on ships make this worse, though for vanilla Litcube it shouldn't be too bad.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 09:53

MK3 Reloaded works fine. It has been redesigned for LU (included in Mayhem btw).
Freezing when entering a sector can be a problem caused by loading a missing resource. But in that case, that should freeze every time (ie. it should be reproducible). You've installed the latest patch as well, 1.7.2?
You should list all your mods, maybe something is wrong there.

kizito
xr

Post by kizito » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 05:21

So in my LU save all my Traders stopped using their jumpdrives, I'm having the same problem in Mayhem but when I tested it, it was coming from LU.
I am using OK Traders, but I know it's not the issue because even a normal UT doesn't use the jumpdrive.

I get this message when I try to manually jump them: Not all this ship's followers can jump. Do you still want to initiate the jump sequence?

This is really making it difficult to do anything at all with traders, so is there a way to fix this?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 10:43

OK Traders is buggy, cheaty (yes) and redundant with Mayhem features. If you want to only use LU, you can add MK3 Improvements Reloaded Reloaded, which is already included (and slightly modified) in Mayhem.

As for your jump problem, check the homebase setting. You must do something wrong somewhere. IIRC, there was a problem with bailed ships, because they still had their previous fleet recognized as valid followers. If that's the case, well... build your own TS :)

kizito
xr

Post by kizito » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 21:17

Joubarbe wrote:
Sun, 29. Dec 19, 10:43
As for your jump problem, check the homebase setting. You must do something wrong somewhere. IIRC, there was a problem with bailed ships, because they still had their previous fleet recognized as valid followers. If that's the case, well... build your own TS :)
Tried that, and I still get that message. Yet there isn't a shred of information on where it comes from aside from the one other post I found - "Not all this ship's followers can jump. Do you still want to initiate the jump sequence?"
There was another post in this thread about the issue that from the looks of it was never resolved.

Just decided to make a clean install and the issue is gone.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 2. Jan 20, 23:40

kizito wrote: So in my LU save all my Traders stopped using their jumpdrives, I'm having the same problem in Mayhem but when I tested it, it was coming from LU.
I am using OK Traders, but I know it's not the issue because even a normal UT doesn't use the jumpdrive.
1. check that they have a jump drive
2. ensure autojump is set to yes and range is set to 1 or 0 (0 means it's used even when it needs to go somewhere inside the same sector, if getting there would be shorter by jumping to a gate/jump beacon/sector center first)
3. look to see that it has enough energy cells in the cargo hold

Assuming that all of the above are true, if you manually order it to fly somewhere, does it jump to get there?

Sometimes UTs get stuck in that they have their cargo hold full of stuff with no idea where to drop it and no room to buy energy cells to make jumps. One easy way to deal with that is to drop the cargo hold (thus losing the value of it) or order it manually to go somewhere and sell it before resuming the Universal Trading command.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

McDonuts
x3tc

Post by McDonuts » Thu, 9. Jan 20, 12:21

I recently ran into this problem in my moderately modded TC game. Turned out I had some freight drones that had docked with the transport, instead of popping into the cargobay, and somehow had orders to follow it.
Cleared their orders and it jumped without question.

mauley
x4

Post by mauley » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 12:14

I dont know if I am bing stupid or not but I cant seem to get my TL to pickup and auction off an old Saturn Complex Hub.

My TL has all of the ship extensions installed and I ahve been able to auction off the stations from within the SCH but I cant get it to auction off the SCH itself.

Am I missing something here?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 20:28

mauley wrote:
Sat, 11. Jan 20, 12:14
I dont know if I am bing stupid or not but I cant seem to get my TL to pickup and auction off an old Saturn Complex Hub.

My TL has all of the ship extensions installed and I ahve been able to auction off the stations from within the SCH but I cant get it to auction off the SCH itself.

IIRC you can't pick up the SCH itself, only empty it and then sell it off. You have to use the Auction Station command to sell it, which is found in Station commands -> Advanced -> Command console -> Auction station.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

mauley
x4

Post by mauley » Mon, 13. Jan 20, 23:00

Zaitsev wrote:
Sat, 11. Jan 20, 20:28
mauley wrote:

IIRC you can't pick up the SCH itself, only empty it and then sell it off. You have to use the Auction Station command to sell it, which is found in Station commands -> Advanced -> Command console -> Auction station.
That worked. Thanks. I knew it was somewhere but hadn't played the game for ages so forgot.

Another question, I meet all of the requirements for the various races Stock Exchanges but so far have only been able to access the Teladi ones. My trade rank is 27 and fight rank is 18 and I also have satellites in every sector.

Any ideas?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 05:13

mauley wrote:
Mon, 13. Jan 20, 23:00
Zaitsev wrote:
Sat, 11. Jan 20, 20:28
mauley wrote:

That worked. Thanks. I knew it was somewhere but hadn't played the game for ages so forgot.

Another question, I meet all of the requirements for the various races Stock Exchanges but so far have only been able to access the Teladi ones. My trade rank is 27 and fight rank is 18 and I also have satellites in every sector.

Any ideas?
Let's see ...

Argon: You must own at least one station in an Argon sector.
Boron: Trade rank of Trader or higher.
Split: Combat rank of Enlisted or higher.
Teladi: Pay 10000 credits for access.
Paranid: Must have race rank Friend of Priest or higher.
Yaki: Require either slaves, space fuel or space weed if I remember correctly. Can't remember the numbers off the top of my head though.
I think the pirates have a stock exchange as well, but I'm not 100% sure so take that with a grain of salt.

You can check the requirements for each of the race stock exchanges via the station's info page. I believe you have to personally dock at the stock exchange in question to actually gain access to it,
and I also believe you have to be docked there to trade with it. If you do indeed meet all the requirements, have docked at the stock exchange you want to trade with and still don't have access, then I have no idea.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Wed, 22. Jan 20, 00:02

What are the pros and cons of using different classes of Miner type ship? eg, just sticking with Boron ships, I can have M5 miners, M4 miners, M3 miners, or TS miners.

Clearly one aspect is a tradeoff of speed and cargo space, but I can't see why speed would be that important for a miner? What's the most efficient class overall?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 22. Jan 20, 00:52

amoe wrote:
Wed, 22. Jan 20, 00:02
What are the pros and cons of using different classes of Miner type ship? eg, just sticking with Boron ships, I can have M5 miners, M4 miners, M3 miners, or TS miners.

Clearly one aspect is a tradeoff of speed and cargo space, but I can't see why speed would be that important for a miner? What's the most efficient class overall?
The most efficient class, at least in terms of mining speed, is the M3 miner. Pick one with eight main guns, make sure you put mining lasers in all of them (mining command won't work otherwise), and let them loose on a debris field. They should have some sort of base to operate from, otherwise you have to micromanage them a lot and empty their holds when they fill up. I tend to use a TL for that task, but a TM can do the job as well if you either can't afford a TL yet or don't have the rep to buy one.

A TS miner is significantly slower in terms of mining speed, but can be used as more of a "fire and forget" solution due to its large cargo hold.

The M5s and M4s are, at least in my opinion, just a stepping stone if you don't have the money to equip a full M3 mining fleet.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”