[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sco1981
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 9. Aug 19, 10:35

photomankc wrote:
Wed, 10. Jul 19, 17:21
I'm sorry, I don't have any 2.2 saves now. I definitely saw that issue with the ships carried into 2.5 and it was not present on ships I built new after that. Sounds like it's not easily reproducible though.

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jun 19, 21:32
Did they start to invade right after creating a new game? They should wait 15h till the first invasion. Maybe this is too short :gruebel: I will try to include some better code to check the player ingame time and after 36h or something, it should start the invasion.
Eureka 8 mk1 should have 4 missile turrets only, do they have more in your savegame?
I'd say the invasions were right about the time you indicate, it's just that the Xenon in this game were WAY more aggressive than before tearing up I-Zura and Hewa's Twin within 8 hours of game time and with this lumped onto that it was a bit overwhelming trying to prevent the Teladi from collapsing on me. Destroyers, unless in massive groups, are not very effective against the Eurekas, even an Mk1. Even just getting through the shielding on the engines or the L turrets is incredibly difficult. They are a white-knuckle opponent for a Teranis Mk3 or two. For the few destroyers I had by that point it was just about impossible. I think 24 to 36 hours would be better. I don't think you are going to invade and stomp out Thiea early on so they can start invading later in the game when a casual player may finally have means to pump out more than just destroyers.

I don't think they have more missile turrets than you indicate but the weak shielding on destroyer M turrets and the very few that destroyers posses makes a couple of salvos pretty devastating for them. In-sector I have not worked out a good strategy to take on the Eureka's in an L ship. They constantly roll around and the aiming system for main batteries and turrets can't cope with that at all as well as the shielding on the big weapons and the engines is THICK. This combines to make it hard to even knock out those 4 missile turrets so I'm clobbered by missiles really fast. AI fleet pilots are dead before they can do much to help in sector too. I tried going after it OOS - in numbers I could field. The 6 destroyers were stripped of turrets very quickly and then forced to run before I'd even made a dent in the shields. So at the time they arrived they were effectively invincible to anything I could bring to the fight and the TEL were all but dead. Every destroyer was gone and they were too resource locked to even produce a fighter.

I had to cheat in money to allow me to get a coulple of mk3 Teranis and personally fly one to even have a chance and that was after trying to solve the universal shortages. Then just a few minutes later... out pops another invasion with a couple destroyers and another Mk1 Eureka. It was a bit frustrating.
You are right, the invasions were way to early especially with the faction enhancer mod. I like ORA to be a real pain or a serios foe, but do you think the missile turrets should be weaker at the Eureka Mk1?
Dunno how strong the Eureka Mk1 is compared to Taranis Mk1 or Sucellus Mk1. Maybe some more tests in the future are necessary. :D

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 10:09

It feels like atm all these ships are absurdly tough. I spend more then one hour to take half of the engines on Bayamon mk.1 using my Nemesis. At this point it flew like in another galaxy...
And it was so fast in non-travel mode, that can outrun torpedoes!
Add to this hundreds of repair drones and you got just huge amount of time wasted on nothing. :evil:

Faction enhancer installed too. Maybe it messes with ship modules that much, making them so undestroyable?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 14:14

ScandyNav wrote:
Tue, 13. Aug 19, 10:09
It feels like atm all these ships are absurdly tough. I spend more then one hour to take half of the engines on Bayamon mk.1 using my Nemesis. At this point it flew like in another galaxy...
And it was so fast in non-travel mode, that can outrun torpedoes!
Add to this hundreds of repair drones and you got just huge amount of time wasted on nothing. :evil:

Faction enhancer installed too. Maybe it messes with ship modules that much, making them so undestroyable?
These ships should be a real threat, so they shouldn't able to be captured with a L ship.
But beside that, i think your mentioned combat behavoir comes mostly of faction enhancer.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 15:27

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 15. Aug 19, 14:14
These ships should be a real threat,
Yea. Alright. The problem is that there is no ship for disabling such motherships. Very hard and time consuming with Nemesis. And if you bring fleet, they just kill it. Kind a no way to capture.
But alright.

One more question. Do LOD comes with new models or generated by game? Because new ships looks not very pretty from a distance, models broke too much.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 12:53

I would like to use this mod but I worry that when the DLC comes out this may break the game.

And what I've read this version of ship mod breaks the game by making the new ships nearly indestructible. Can I see the stats of the new ships before I downlaod this?
Just... another... bug.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 17:22

DaMuncha wrote:
Fri, 16. Aug 19, 12:53
I would like to use this mod but I worry that when the DLC comes out this may break the game.

And what I've read this version of ship mod breaks the game by making the new ships nearly indestructible. Can I see the stats of the new ships before I downlaod this?
Ossian invasions are turned on by a separate module. So if you are afraid, don't install it. Mk.1 versions of these moterships are as powerful as xenon I, mk.3 are death-stars.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sat, 17. Aug 19, 05:49

I use Shipmod - Balanced. I dont want death stars.
Just... another... bug.

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 18:46

@Sco81, I like this mod and play it a lot, however I see 2 ships are very unbalanced to other ships: "Eternal Dawn Sentinel mk3" has hull - 20 000 000. Was it done intentionally or it is a bug? Shouldn't it be 2 000 000? - it will be more realistic as it costs less than more weak ships. Same with "Sanctuary Sentinel mk3", 15 000 000 is too large I guess, - 1 500 000 would fit more suitable.

ror_eternaldawn_mk3_flagship_macro.xml => <hull max="20000000" />
ror_sanctuary_mk3_flagship_macro.xml => <hull max="15000000" />

Could you please fix it?

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 22:26

The Sanctuary was made with block to capture like xenons? I was trying to capture it with 260 marines, but the button to start boarding was grayed out.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 18:05

ScandyNav wrote:
Thu, 15. Aug 19, 15:27
Yea. Alright. The problem is that there is no ship for disabling such motherships. Very hard and time consuming with Nemesis. And if you bring fleet, they just kill it. Kind a no way to capture.
But alright.

One more question. Do LOD comes with new models or generated by game? Because new ships looks not very pretty from a distance, models broke too much.
You can use one capital ship to bring down the shield and some guns. At 30% hull or something, most turrets should be disabled anyway.
They have LODs but not as good as X4 ones, because most ships uses X3 meshes, textures and LODs.
DaMuncha wrote:
Fri, 16. Aug 19, 12:53

Only Mk3 variants are strong ships, but you have to enable the flagships mk3 mod for get these beasts.
Mk1 variants are as strong as ashipmods balanced ships.
blackice7777 wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 18:46
@Sco81, I like this mod and play it a lot, however I see 2 ships are very unbalanced to other ships: "Eternal Dawn Sentinel mk3" has hull - 20 000 000. Was it done intentionally or it is a bug? Shouldn't it be 2 000 000? - it will be more realistic as it costs less than more weak ships. Same with "Sanctuary Sentinel mk3", 15 000 000 is too large I guess, - 1 500 000 would fit more suitable.

ror_eternaldawn_mk3_flagship_macro.xml => <hull max="20000000" />
ror_sanctuary_mk3_flagship_macro.xml => <hull max="15000000" />

Could you please fix it?
This is intendet, because these ship should compare with the Xenon R and should even better then the R so the player couldnt destroy these ships fast.
ScandyNav wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 22:26
The Sanctuary was made with block to capture like xenons? I was trying to capture it with 260 marines, but the button to start boarding was grayed out.
Flagships are not captureable, sorry.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 20:27

Found one problem. Looks like Eureka can't fit into S.highways when IS. It just stuck there.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 09:01

ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 20:27
Found one problem. Looks like Eureka can't fit into S.highways when IS. It just stuck there.

Yeah, all bigger size ships got this problem.
I did solve this but the X4 converter produce some game crashes, so i can't provide the update.
If CG089 release a new beta with a fix for this crash then i can update my mod.
Meanwhile you can let the AI fly through the gate/highway.

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 12:39

sco1981 wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 09:01
ScandyNav wrote:

I did solve this but the X4 converter produce some game crashes, so i can't provide the update.
Do you guys care about this? I don't think it would be hard to fix from md/ai.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 14:30

Hello after a short break, I've started a new game, and tetst with ROR.

After starting the ROR main mod I flew through the ORA sector and the gate to the TTC sector is inactive.

In the ORA sector there were several Eureka MK1 and MK3 ships, although all extensions are switched.

The ORA began their invasion about an hour later, they built a station module and positioned a couple of ships for backup, including 2 Normal Destroyer.
The HOP are not hostile to the ORA and seem to supply the ORA site with material that ORA have no construction ship
The ORA have only attacked the Teladi, since the Teladi Gate has been moved to the other sector there has been no invasion after Stiller Witness.
Earlier, the ORA first attacked the argons.

This is the state after about 2 hours.

The problem with the inactive goal seems to be caused by the game start with version 2.5.
I've read in a commentary of Another mod adds the sectors added that there is also someone inactive gates.
The Moder checked the MD file with the list of forced goals and missed those goals.
Last edited by TSchmidtC on Thu, 29. Aug 19, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 17:43

I wonder if everyone gets the same result. But in my game Ossian raids are unstoppable. Submod for MK1 raids creates quite often Santuary + 2 Eurekas. This amount of meat cannot be punched through by any faction, because defense force in most of the time consists of 2-3 destroyers + 3-4 M ships. Main factions priority to build their own flagships is too low or resource feed is too low?

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:12

Well we got information today that 3.0 and the DLC wont be out till the end of the year so I guess I'll try this mod now.
Just... another... bug.

johnycamaro
x4

Post by johnycamaro » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:47

ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 17:43
I wonder if everyone gets the same result. But in my game Ossian raids are unstoppable. Submod for MK1 raids creates quite often Santuary + 2 Eurekas. This amount of meat cannot be punched through by any faction, because defense force in most of the time consists of 2-3 destroyers + 3-4 M ships. Main factions priority to build their own flagships is too low or resource feed is too low?
well i installed the mod after i build mine factory shipyard thats self produces its parts. IT cost About 1 billion. IT produces 6 mk3 arrawns and about 80 nemmesis and 80 pulsars an hour. NO the ossian raiders ar no problem. Just starten to invade there sector with 4 mk3 arrawns and 60 nemmisis 40 cerberus and 80 pulsars. And there are 6 more mk3 ready to join the fight. The arrawns are one hell of a beast!

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 19:54

johnycamaro wrote:
Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:47
ScandyNav wrote:
well i installed the mod after i build mine factory shipyard thats self produces its parts. IT cost About 1 billion. IT produces 6 mk3 arrawns and about 80 nemmesis and 80 pulsars an hour. NO the ossian raiders ar no problem. Just starten to invade there sector with 4 mk3 arrawns and 60 nemmisis 40 cerberus and 80 pulsars. And there are 6 more mk3 ready to join the fight. The arrawns are one hell of a beast!
I mean they are problem for NPC sectors. Factions do not build that amount of firepower, which needed to take out these raids.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Wed, 4. Sep 19, 08:41

I got my own Arawn Mk1. Shipyard promissed me a carrier. On a galaxy map it looks like a carrier. But it does not behave like a carrier - I can't restock or repair any ship with it. Neighter can I give command "get supplies". Vanilla carriers and auxiliary ships are working (more or less ;) ) Is this how this mod works, or did I do something wrong? Can anyone confirm that carriers itroduced by this mod work like vanilla carriers?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:43

teleportationwars wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 12:39
sco1981 wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 09:01
ScandyNav wrote:

Do you guys care about this? I don't think it would be hard to fix from md/ai.
Yeah, it is a big problem for player direct controlled ships. AI can fly fine through the gates.
ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 2. Sep 19, 19:54
johnycamaro wrote:
Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:47
ScandyNav wrote:
I mean they are problem for NPC sectors. Factions do not build that amount of firepower, which needed to take out these raids.
Thats right, without the player, the factions get some serious problems. But this is intented for the flagships submods, so the player has a new goal.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”