What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grim Lock
x4

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by Grim Lock » Wed, 31. Jul 19, 20:42

After the Imax apollo movie, i thought i'd also watch first-man with ryan gosling, it's filmed in freakin shaky-cam!?!?! DAMNIT!!!, turned it of, probably was a movie i'd really like if it wasn't for that f-ing shaky cam, bit bummed out by it. Now i don't mind if they use some shaky-cam during an intense scene, but even during a close-up of the wives face at the dinner table?!?! Man what's the freakin point of that!

K rant over
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 1. Aug 19, 13:28

Star Trek movies 1 The Motion Picture -10 Nemesis are on Hulu (paid sub required or trial)

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 2. Aug 19, 09:21

Ketraar wrote:
Sat, 27. Jul 19, 23:24
Gavrushka wrote:
Sat, 27. Jul 19, 22:36
Just watched series 1, episode 1 of 'The Expanse,' and more than happy to stick around for the next episode.
Welcome to the side of good Sci-Fi. I hope you enjoy.

MFG

Ketraar
Finished the 1st series last night, and dear God it was superb! - Great characters, great acting and a convoluted plot that left you guessing. Any confusion I experience was shared by at least some of the characters too, just as it should be for immersion.

And what a cliffhanger to end a series on.

The Ashes, a grand prix, *and* series 2 of The Expanse this weekend. All I need now is a kebab the size of a small island and I can die a happy man.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 00:02

Just finished with the last series of Gotham, and Stranger Things S3. iZombie just wrapped up - great show, weak ending - and we just finished S1 of Barry (so odd) and so we're starting Happy S2, and also a weird new show on Amazon called "The Boys". Didn't go in with any expectations, other than it was probably going to be rubbish, but it's rather good - even if it has Karl Urban (Bones, Dredd) doing a really dodgy London accent and Simon Pegg doing a really dodgy American one.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 00:19

Karl Urban is in Bones? oO

As for "The Boys" I got the same recomendation and will be using the free trial to check it out.

MFG

Ketraar

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 08:59

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 5. Aug 19, 00:19
Karl Urban is in Bones? oO
No, but he did play "Bones" McCoy in the J.J. Abrams Star Trek movies, which I suspect is what esd meant.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 10:12

Ah right, got it now, thanks.

MFG

Ketraar

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 21:19

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 7. Aug 19, 03:06

The Orville has a free interactive fan thing on steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096 ... xperience/

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 08:28

GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 12:33

I just started to watch The Boys it is very good and definitely not for kids I love the bit where the new girl joins The Seven and the guy pulls a Harvey Weinstein on her
GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 14:38

Here is the long five minute trailer for the expanse season 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LrZiNOvp_c
GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 02:52

Carnival Row comes out on Prime at the end of the month. Trailer certainly captured my attention. Strong cast, and looks like a big budget production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369LHB9N-Ro
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 18:02

I found this trailer for THE BOYS season 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhWTMq5Z-r0
GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 20:49

Finishing Season 3 of Stranger Things.

On the Last episode... I am thinking they cant tie up loose ends... Here's to hoping I am wrong
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 21:45

Appalachian People, Culture, and History - ROBERT SEPEHR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdN1-_oW00k
While the Appalachian Mountains stretch from parts of Canada to Alabama, the cultural region of Appalachia typically refers only to the central and southern portions ranging from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, south-westerly to the Great Smoky Mountains, and is called home by approximately 25 million people

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 11:34

fiksal wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 20:49
Finishing Season 3 of Stranger Things.

On the Last episode... I am thinking they cant tie up loose ends... Here's to hoping I am wrong
Personally I thought the last episode was a distinct high point of a rather underwhelming season.

I started watching two new shows on Netflix.

1) "Another Life" a sci-fi show about a ship heading off to make first contact staring Katee Sackhoff of Starbuck fame.
It's a bit "meh", a poor start IMO but getting better as it goes on. It suffers from something I've seen a lot in recent TV, it doesn't know what the hell it wants to be.
It's like a Star Trek that's trying very hard to be Battlestar. All the seriousness is undercut by the silliness and visa versa.

2) "Wu Assassins" a show about guy magically imbued with kung fu mastery and tasked with taking down 5 (or is it 6?) elementally powered "warlords" who will destroy the world, with the help of his friends, his mystical slave master and a cop.
Now this is some goofy stuff, it's silly and (unlike the previous show) it knows and leans in. Everything is OTT.
It stars Iko Uwais, most famous for "the Raid", "The Night Comes for Us", and more recently "Triple Threat" which are all very violent, serious films full of some exceptionally good martial arts. This latter quality also carries over to this silly show. . . . and as a budding martial artist myself there's a lot to appreciate.
The moment it REALLY sold itself on me however was when the first major fight scene is set to "Boombayah" by (my favourite K-pop band) Blackpink.
Hits at least two of my boxes, I'm in!

I am also continuing to watch She-Ra which continues to be brilliant, although I'm not sure I like the structure they've gone for which would seem to be: SUPER short seasons released pretty regularly.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 19:39

Watch live: NASA astronauts conduct spacewalk as they install docking adapter on ISS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbgVXgoxO2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21X5lGlDOfg
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 20:08

BugMeister wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 19:39
Watch live: NASA astronauts conduct spacewalk as they install docking adapter on ISS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbgVXgoxO2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21X5lGlDOfg
You know why I love this forum? Everyday you learn something new from people all over the world, you didn't knew was a thing, but is pretty cool to know :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Return to “Off Topic English”