X2 Faq

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 11. Mar 03, 01:35

Bump

grbaker
x4

Post by grbaker » Tue, 11. Mar 03, 02:26

and I thought Freelance looked good... forget it ... this rules....

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 11. Mar 03, 11:49

bump

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 11. Mar 03, 17:12

Cant have so much good info dropping down the bottom. Bump :D

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

harag9
x2

Post by harag9 » Tue, 11. Mar 03, 17:18

HAY MODS can you please make this a sticky???

I keep coming here and reading "bump" messages.... :P

Al

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Tue, 11. Mar 03, 17:22

OK, I'll leave it up here until the FAQ goes on the main site. Shouldn't be long....

Steel

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 12. Mar 03, 13:16

Over a hundered sectors :o
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 12. Mar 03, 13:20

Just had a quick look at an Xt map (on CJs site) and there are 91 sectors in Xt (if my counting is correct!) so its not as many more than Xt had. Unless of course its well over a hundred!

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Lorien
x3

Post by Lorien » Wed, 12. Mar 03, 13:26

Al wrote:Just had a quick look at an Xt map (on CJs site) and there are 91 sectors in Xt (if my counting is correct!) so its not as many more than Xt had. Unless of course its well over a hundred!

Al
There may well be a number over 120 or so, but we have to remember that this game is being reported in interviews, etc. as the sequel to XBTF and not XT. The one thing we're going to have fun finding out is where everything has moved to in X2 compared to XT as I'm sure not everything is where we remembered it to be.
Things I've procrastinated on...

Tarik

questions

Post by Tarik » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 09:17

hi all, advansed pilots pls take some time to unser those questions.
1 can i fix damaged equipment, guns, etc in x2 like i could in x-tention? if yes then pls explain how to do it.
2 can i hire pilots to fly my ships like in x-tention?
3 is there anything possible to do with slaves exept selling and killing?
4 is it possible to move or sell ur factory?
5 if ur fighters that protect ur transports acsidently hit another transport will it effect ur notority with this government? same question for ur battleships that guard ur sectors
6 what r the rules for lottery tickets? i bought a lot of them but resived no msg about loosing or winning... :evil: :?

Brianetta
x4

Re: questions

Post by Brianetta » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 09:55

Tarik wrote:hi all, advansed pilots pls take some time to unser those questions.
1 can i fix damaged equipment, guns, etc in x2 like i could in x-tention? if yes then pls explain how to do it.
No. This was not possible in X-Tension either. Your only remedy is to replace equipment that's been lost.
Tarik wrote: 2 can i hire pilots to fly my ships like in x-tention?
No. Ships have autopilots, like in X-Tension. In neither game could you hire a pilot.
Tarik wrote: 3 is there anything possible to do with slaves exept selling and killing?
No.
Tarik wrote: 4 is it possible to move or sell ur factory?
No.
Tarik wrote: 5 if ur fighters that protect ur transports acsidently hit another transport will it effect ur notority with this government? same question for ur battleships that guard ur sectors
Not as much as if you were in the pilot's seat.
Tarik wrote: 6 what r the rules for lottery tickets? i bought a lot of them but resived no msg about loosing or winning... :evil: :?
Same as a real lottery. They'll only notify you if you win. Sorry, you're one of the many millions of lottery losers. Chances of winning are slim.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

Tarik

Post by Tarik » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 17:36

that isnt very correct :!: if u have x-tention then u can check it out: when u have a station and order ships from shipyard (fighters) they come with NPC PILOTS :!: in them and they have their own stats of flown missions, kills, ets
olso it ur equipment in x-tention is damaged (not destroed) then exit ur ship near shipyard and order it to dock, u dock too, and there ul see a possibility to FIX :roll: ur damaged equipment
i didnt find same in x2 :cry: but i heard 'damaged' equipment and saw 'pilot' when was looking at ships that i made properties of stations ('n' key in stations) so i thought that i missed something
so PLS, if any1 knows then coment on this

P.S. it is possible to move stations but it is done only by hitting em with cap ships, was hoping there is another (legal) way of doing it... maybe its a good idea to segest it 4 new (1.3) patch?

basho

Post by basho » Tue, 4. May 04, 10:45

hi, can someone answer my question?

Q: how can i upgrade my max. speed??? :?
my transport ship is slow it's max is now 39 :(

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Tue, 4. May 04, 11:04

basho wrote:hi, can someone answer my question?

Repair it first.

DDM_Reaper20
x3tc

Post by DDM_Reaper20 » Tue, 4. May 04, 11:05

basho wrote:hi, can someone answer my question?

The hull's been damaged. Repair it in a shipyard/wharf. Fly there, dock with the station, press "d".

Regards,
DDM_Reaper20

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Tue, 4. May 04, 11:07

Tarik wrote:that isnt very correct :!: if u have x-tention then u can check it out: when u have a station and order ships from shipyard (fighters) they come with NPC PILOTS :!: in them and they have their own stats of flown missions, kills, ets
olso it ur equipment in x-tention is damaged (not destroed) then exit ur ship near shipyard and order it to dock, u dock too, and there ul see a possibility to FIX :roll: ur damaged equipment
i didnt find same in x2 :cry: but i heard 'damaged' equipment and saw 'pilot' when was looking at ships that i made properties of stations ('n' key in stations) so i thought that i missed something

P.S. it is possible to move stations but it is done only by hitting em with cap ships, was hoping there is another (legal) way of doing it... maybe its a good idea to segest it 4 new (1.3) patch?
Specifically:
I know. Your description of equipment repair and pilot stats is fanciful. You had NPC pilots in X:BTF but not XT. Damaged equipment is lost forever - it's not even on board your ship any more.

There's no point inventing details for a game when it's so easy to check their veracity.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 4. May 04, 19:36

Apparently Steel made the rumor of 70 ships. :roll:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”