[MOD] Mules and Warehouses v4.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

willfe
x4

Re: [MOD] Mules and Warehouses v4.0

Post by willfe » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 13:48

Love this mod! This has drastically improved factory throughput and made setting up logistics MUCH easier and more efficient. Thank you so much for writing it!

I think I've managed to break one of my factories, though. When I was first setting things up and didn't quite know what I was doing, I selected a factory (with production modules) as a target and set up a few mules to send it resources it needs for production. Like a dummy, I foolishly selected "make target warehouse" and sent it on its way.

As you might predict, now the factory has lots of wares it doesn't produce or require (which is okay, I don't really mind that -- it has looooots of storage modules) but for five of the six products it produces, there's no storage available at all for them, so the factories produce nothing. Example: Antimatter Cells: 160,500/160,500. That one's fine. But then Graphene: 0/0. Sadness abounds.

I'm sure this happened because I was dumb and set this factory as a warehouse at some point. I'm curious if there's any way to fix it after the fact. I'm not opposed to editing the game file if need be.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 14:44

Even though im not the author of this mod discussed int his Thread:

Im afraid thats not a bug of the mod but an ingame bug.
You may experience the bug once you have more then 29 wares in your stations stock OR you exceed the 1000 production modules.

I had this bug on both occasions already. Nasty.

There is no way i know to workaround but to buid smaller factories or avoid having stations too much ware types.

willfe
x4

Post by willfe » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 15:00

Ramokthan wrote:
Mon, 22. Jul 19, 14:44
Even though im not the author of this mod discussed int his Thread:

Im afraid thats not a bug of the mod but an ingame bug.
You may experience the bug once you have more then 29 wares in your stations stock OR you exceed the 1000 production modules.

I had this bug on both occasions already. Nasty.

There is no way i know to workaround but to buid smaller factories or avoid having stations too much ware types.
Aaaack! That's awful! That certainly explains the problem. Well poop.

So, I guess the next question is this: is there a way to completely dismantle a station and restart it from scratch? Or just tear down some production modules to get the count back under 1,000? Will a station fix itself once that's done? Or should I just focus on rebuilding new ones entirely?

Thanks for letting me know about this.

[edit: you can indeed remove station modules ... one at a time (heh) ... and once you get back below the limit, the station does in fact fix itself and resume production; whew!]

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 17:18

It will fix itself partly.
It may necessary to add or remove another storage container to trigger the recalculation of storage distribution after fixing the cause of the behaviour.

Note: it will reoccur if it still has too much wares or production modules at a time after a while, so have an eye on it after you think you fixed it.
I learned that the ward way, wondering why my factory does not work after i fixed the storage problem, only to find out it was meanwhile broken again.

thebruce
x4

Post by thebruce » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 20:53

hello,
i have a question, which i could not answer myself.
everything works, except the thing that i could not see or change the buyprices in the tradestations.
whats wrong with my settings?

edit, iv also installed the tradstation mod and the needed ui api/right click mod

ThePiercdPrnc

Post by ThePiercdPrnc » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 09:18

thebruce wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 20:53
hello,
i have a question, which i could not answer myself.
everything works, except the thing that i could not see or change the buyprices in the tradestations.
whats wrong with my settings?

edit, iv also installed the tradstation mod and the needed ui api/right click mod
Have you activated the item with the tradestation mod? I usually designate a Kestral specifically for trade station management. You have to use the command on your warehouse to activate the trade ware pricing.

thebruce
x4

Post by thebruce » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 09:51

Good Morning,
yes i think its activated correctly.
Ive bought an Elite for only this.
Going to the order menu, and there i could setup the warehouse and the ware with buy and sell price or remove.
The offers are created and they are working.
But iam not able to change the buyprice in the logical overview. There is only the sellprice, which i could change.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Thu, 5. Sep 19, 23:30

I don't remember if I mentioned this but I see an error message that is happening quite often.

[=ERROR=] 218149.47 Error in AI script distrimule on entity 0x7bf5: Property lookup failed: $sourceStation.tradewares
* $sourceStation == component.{0x7b24L} (name='My Warehouse', class=station)
* Expression: not $sourceStation.tradewares == []
[General] 218149.47 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 218149.47 Error in AI script distrimule on entity 0x7bf5: Property lookup failed: $sourceStation.products
* $sourceStation == component.{0x7b24L} (name='My Warehouse', class=station)
* Expression: not $sourceStation.products == []

In the same game session spawning from 218149.47 game time to 221652.23, it appeared at least 1000 times. This error block above keeps repeating.

My warehouse is a station only with lots of storage +workforce and an admin center. Every products it has in its storage, I enabled selling pricing. I have 2 ships with Distrimule that have my warehouse as source and all my other stations as destinations.

I have a station for every primary products (non technical, non hardware products) and each stations besides my warehouse have restricted trading with other factions. So they will feed each others +my warehouse and my warehouse will sell to all at the highest price.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

ThePiercdPrnc

Post by ThePiercdPrnc » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 08:11

@LegionOfOne Any updates on how things are going? Unfortunately it seems this thread has died for the past couple months. I'm still having some weird issues and can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

Demigodrick
x4

Post by Demigodrick » Tue, 5. Nov 19, 13:39

Hi All,

If you use this mod and have problems with 2.6 etc, i found the following comment on steam:
Reposting here (originally posted on the Mules Extension mod page) :

"Hey, dropping by to say that I found out the culprit in the ships-not-docking issue.

It is caused by the order.base.xml file, which fudges up everything. Once you delete it, everything goes as it should (although I believe that existing saves with bugged ships are not salvageable).

Tested on a new save file, 40 hours in and the mules are behaving as they should be.
I'm not sure if I'm using this version or the one from LegionOfOne, but the issue stems from the same file.

Also, using Civilian Fleets also work with Mules - no more configuring mules one by one, just assign new ships to the a mule and they'll turn into mules too.

Hope this helps."
it worked for me! :)

ElGordo
x4

Post by ElGordo » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 03:51

Hi,
Has anyone gotten this to work with 3.0? I've been trying for days and I have gotten 1 mule to work, partially. most just sit idle no matter what any settings are.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 09:42

ElGordo wrote:
Sun, 1. Dec 19, 03:51
Hi,
Has anyone gotten this to work with 3.0? I've been trying for days and I have gotten 1 mule to work, partially. most just sit idle no matter what any settings are.
The ships-not-docking issue with 3.0 Beta is this -
Caused by the order.base.xml file, which fudges up everything. Once you delete it, everything goes as it should (although I believe that existing saves with bugged ships are not salvageable).
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 10:00

they are but you need to reissue all orders again
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Shasslar
x4

Post by Shasslar » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 11:19

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 13. Dec 19, 10:00
they are but you need to reissue all orders again
Bugged ships also include non-player ships. You can't issue orders for them.

Nomad15A

Post by Nomad15A » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 10:02

Came here to say this broke ship docking in B3.0. Seems others have already figured it out.

Doctorzook
x4

Post by Doctorzook » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 13:36

I caught it early on in my save, cause I play on two pc's at different locations. I don't know if I made a save after the bug occured, but all old saves I loaded were bugged even after deleting orders.base.xml. This solution worked for me and maybe somebody could try it out.

close game
delete orders.base.xml
check X4 files for errors in steam (maybe not required)
opt out of beta, let download finish
opt in to beta
start game, load latest save
report back if it worked

Jacem
x4

Post by Jacem » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 02:03

I just installed Mules and warehouses on a running save and all of my unassigned traders are now set to hold position. When I go into them and set them to autotrade set the commodities they are supposed to trade, pick the sector and hit confirm if I wait like five seconds it resets to hold position while I watch. I'm running 2.60 and am wondering if vanilla autotrading is compatible with mules and warehouses.

thank

jacem

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 13:03

Hi,

I see some people have had some issues with this mod during the 3.0 Beta, do we know if it will be updated for 3.0? When I was playing modded, prior to 3.0, this mod was a total god-send when it came to managing my station's resources etc. While I've been vanilla for a while to aid testing 3.0 Beta, I've been so looking forward to being modded again. There are so many things that ES just haven't implemented, that modders have, this mod being a prime example.

If it's not longer being supported by the creator, which is fine of course, are there any alternative? I see there are some spin-off mods that add additional features, but I've not tried any of those.

Scoob.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 16:04

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 13:03
Hi,

I see some people have had some issues with this mod during the 3.0 Beta, do we know if it will be updated for 3.0? When I was playing modded, prior to 3.0, this mod was a total god-send when it came to managing my station's resources etc. While I've been vanilla for a while to aid testing 3.0 Beta, I've been so looking forward to being modded again. There are so many things that ES just haven't implemented, that modders have, this mod being a prime example.

If it's not longer being supported by the creator, which is fine of course, are there any alternative? I see there are some spin-off mods that add additional features, but I've not tried any of those.

Scoob.
Hi, Scoobs.
It will work with Beta 6 H1 but you need to manually unpack and Re-pack the cat without order.base.xml as there is some bug in that which makes all the traders just stop.

Alternative yes, TaterTrader does what this will do to a degree, You choose to select a sector or station as trader home you can then tick the Homebound which forces the trader to go back to its home after each trade and most important you can tick 'Station Trader' this last one forces the trader to trade for the player stations within the home sector or for the station set as home.

Among many many other options at your disposal, I tend to setup traders per station 1-3 of em as station trader with a Max Sell gate distance of 0 and return to home, I set Home to a station of choice this makes the trader be assigned to the station as a subordinate except tater trader controls it as usual not the normal logic so it will buy and sell only for that station
Last edited by Misunderstood Wookie on Wed, 4. Mar 20, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 16:48

Honestly, It seems that original author has not shown up since Jul2019, so I dont think this mod will be updated. Maybe you Wookie? I never used it but would like to try.
I suggest to post an updated version in separate thread so people can actually use it, we will see what to do with it if/when original author will come back/

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”