[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LatoDiafol
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.4

Post by LatoDiafol » Wed, 17. Jul 19, 23:19

Hi all,

Is there anyway to make MLCC Battle Carriers? Im a big fan of the hayabusa but oit seems like carriers sit around and launch fighters buyut then dont advance toward the enemy. Does ADS - joubarbian edition allow me to do it?

If not could someone pooint me at the MLCC scripts so I can give it a go myself?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 07:58

LatoDiafol wrote:
Wed, 17. Jul 19, 23:19
Hi all,

Is there anyway to make MLCC Battle Carriers? Im a big fan of the hayabusa but oit seems like carriers sit around and launch fighters buyut then dont advance toward the enemy. Does ADS - joubarbian edition allow me to do it?

If not could someone pooint me at the MLCC scripts so I can give it a go myself?
Yes MLCC can do this with a carrier task. Optionally you can setup a reserve hangar to replace lost fighters.
MLCC instructions:
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... ature_MLCC

ADS can launch fighters too, and you can customize perimeters.

Mayhems fleet system will also launch fighters automatically and lands them on any available fleet carriers.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 08:20

Huge ships tend to avoid direct conflicts. They use broadside maneuvers. And that's for the best. In Vanilla, they could engage M3s, which is as smart as using an aircraft carrier against a zodiac.

LatoDiafol
x3ap

Post by LatoDiafol » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 08:51

The problem I have is that carriers (Also TMs) just fly off into space not attacking anything. As the hayabusas are my only heavy firepower ships with PAAs and Fusion Beams this means I lack anticap strength.

https://imgur.com/a/FL1BeVu

https://imgur.com/a/xU2CysB

What I'd like is for the ship to drop its fighters into the fleet antifighter cloud then advance with my M6s to kill all the cap ships.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 09:37

Hmm, yeah, I thought they were supposed to do that. But I don't use MLCC, and I don't know how it works internally. (and I really have no intention of modifying it)
As Hector said, you can also use fleets. They are completely overhauled in Mayhem.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 11:28

@LatoDiafol: Sorry, i didn't pay attention and missed your point. I also observe M1 carriers flying off and generally staying out of combat (using fleets). It doesn't really bother me, though.
In my game fleet TM's go after fighters. I haven't used frigate carriers like your Hayabusa. Standart frigates close in on the enemy and don't seem to do these "broadside maneuvers" Joubarbe mentioned.

I'm pretty sure you could use ADS and give an attack order to the Hayabusa. ADS shouldn't affect the M7 and only control it's fighters. But i remember them disengaging if the carrier has to retreat. So maybe not very practical for a battle carrier.

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 19:23

Hello, I've found a bug with bailed ships.
I've claimed some M6 and now when I order it to jump to a sector it yields a warning that 'Not all ship's followers can jump...', it also silently refuse to jump via commands like Jump and Fly to...
Guess that some fighters still keeps their connections to him (it was part of battlegroup) but noone was near it...

Got a savegame -> it's on that Heavy Dragon (already claimed and moved to different sector, but still poping up that confirmation message with Jump to Sector command)
http://185.119.99.120/X02.sav

EDIT: also I remember that some company's calvage crew was on it's way to that Dragon to claim it for themselves... It was Thuruk's in Hila's Joy... it's still there, but if recall Dragon there, they are not moving towards him.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 19:44

Are you running the latest version? Bailed ships are now copied when they bail, so there's no way they could have followers. (maybe they bail from a previous version?)

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 20:12

Yup, installed 2.9.4 right after a release. :)
And I'm pretty sure that the bailing happened after that (found an older save before claiming, should it help).

But it's the only one out of... 8 maybe 10 claimed ships that ended up like that, so it might be a rare/old glitch, let you know should it happen again.

EDIT: forgot the link: http://185.119.99.120/X01.sav
Last edited by IceExplosive on Thu, 18. Jul 19, 21:08, edited 2 times in total.

brendon867
xr

Post by brendon867 » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 20:20

Joubarbe wrote:
Thu, 18. Jul 19, 19:44
Are you running the latest version? Bailed ships are now copied when they bail, so there's no way they could have followers. (maybe they bail from a previous version?)
Yup, I'm experiencing the same problem, it's really annoying because you have to manually make the slave jump every time, seems company ships also have this problem

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 18. Jul 19, 23:45

@IceExplosive: what's the difference between your first save (X02) and your second one (X01)? X02 makes my game crash when I load it.

(btw issue is fixed for next patch, I've just removed that message... I don't see the point anyway)

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 05:42

X02 was after I've encountered bug
X01 was a bit earlier save before I claimed that ship

Looking at it now, the first one (X02) is way smaller in size... seems I've interrupted upload little too early, my bad.
Anyway thanks as always for your updates.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 17:26

I'm having the same problem. I'm 2.9.4, very early game and 9/10 of my ships were ones I built and have never been part of a group or had fighters etc..

It always shows "not all this ships followers can jump. Do you still want to initiate the jump sequence?". Then I have to choose yes, and it jumps from there. The "Jump and fly to Station" command doesn't work at all. I've re-installed (in the following order) and no luck still.

Litcubes 1.7.2
Mayhem 2.9.4
Mayhem Graphics 1.4.7
Mayhem Soundtrack 1.1

Any solutions to this? It's an awesome mod, but this is killin me. :shock:

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 01:49

1. Station Agents are broken in 2.9.4.
At some point they try to _buy_ resources in my own stations, and complain that there is no money to do it.
They used to work fine for a few hours, just started to complain now, first one, then the other (I got 2 Ship Parts Complexes with 1 SA each).

Not much point to share SG as I got extra ships, but shout if you want it anyhow (just yell me if you want my Tships with it or not).

2. The bailing bug is still there, looks almost exactly as it used to be in 2.7.9 - the Killer sits around the Victim forever. Only difference is that it does not turn hostile once Victim is claimed.

3. I have seen Boron Brigantines around, not sure if it is intended, but was nice.

4. I'm playing customized Vagrant start, and often I need to use cheat option to set sector relations - I'm between 3-5 with all races but still in some sectors almost every ship is red. Cheat fixes most of them, but some need to be killed. Not that it is any different from what it used to be in XRM or LU, just making you aware of it as it is a bit annoying and I bet you can fix it.
Shit happens, ppl die. Usually when I'm around.

brendon867
xr

Post by brendon867 » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 08:51

IceExplosive wrote:
Thu, 18. Jul 19, 19:23
Hello, I've found a bug with bailed ships.
I've claimed some M6 and now when I order it to jump to a sector it yields a warning that 'Not all ship's followers can jump...', it also silently refuse to jump via commands like Jump and Fly to...
Guess that some fighters still keeps their connections to him (it was part of battlegroup) but noone was near it...

Got a savegame -> it's on that Heavy Dragon (already claimed and moved to different sector, but still poping up that confirmation message with Jump to Sector command)
http://185.119.99.120/X02.sav

EDIT: also I remember that some company's calvage crew was on it's way to that Dragon to claim it for themselves... It was Thuruk's in Hila's Joy... it's still there, but if recall Dragon there, they are not moving towards him.
Set it to homebase your sanct, and then make it a dock agent for 2 seconds and then it will fix the broken ships, that's what I've been doing, Now i don't sell every damn ship i get xD it makes OCV start 10x harder at the start with this bug

brendon867
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.5

Post by brendon867 » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 16:29

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 20. Jul 19, 11:58
2.9.5 released
Just did E/I and for some reaosn my silicon mines now produce 5 silicon every 25 minutes, That's not right is it?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 16:58

When did you start your game? Did you cheat your mines?
I don't see any problem with my mines after an E/I. This was a bug fixed in 2.08 (February 2017!).

(You need the latest version of E/I)

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 17:25

brendon867 wrote:
Sat, 20. Jul 19, 08:51
Set it to homebase your sanct, and then make it a dock agent for 2 seconds and then it will fix the broken ships, that's what I've been doing, Now i don't sell every damn ship i get xD it makes OCV start 10x harder at the start with this bug
Nice, thanks. :)

Also I've gather few questions, if someone know.

1) Stock-exchange... do I get it right, that due to Mayhem's building system, there's no way to access Terran/Argon stocks that requires to own a station inside their teritory? (It's a little lazy way of earning money, but whole production goes into fleet right now. :-D)
EDIT: Oh, right... since I have a new game and it's first time using them... I forgot how they are handled in Mayhem, sry. :)

2) Is there any meaningful difference between MLCC docks? I've tried OTAS Starliner Dock (The expensive one) and quickly dissasembled as it has very limited hangar capacity... So is it good for anything as even the cheaper one (McCallum) allows both MLCC feature and has unlimited hangar? ... was that Starliner ment for ship upgrades in pure LU?

3) And one directly about Mayhem... is there theoretically any way to completly cut yourself from all other races? Since money is still needed for the maintenance. Yes, you can just repair damaged ships... but that'd be too annoying.
Spoiler
Show
Also on a side note. I've kill one P in Gonner's story inside their territory and after ignoring rest of them for a while, I've returned and instead of bunch of Xennon Ps, there was a Pirate M2... any idea how that might happened? :)
Last edited by IceExplosive on Sat, 20. Jul 19, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

brendon867
xr

Post by brendon867 » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 18:13

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 20. Jul 19, 16:58
When did you start your game? Did you cheat your mines?
I don't see any problem with my mines after an E/I. This was a bug fixed in 2.08 (February 2017!).

(You need the latest version of E/I)
Nahh haven't touched the cheat menu, I started it yesterday, for some reason after the E/I my silicon income on 150+ yield asteroids became abysmal

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”