[X3-AP] - TL as a mobile base

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Klord
x3ap

[X3-AP] - TL as a mobile base

Post by Klord » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 08:46

Thought of having another run through Albion Prelude despite an angry girlfriend at home.

I have few queries,
I thought of not to build stations/complexes in this game and limit my ships to absolute necessities as it will allow me to run the game much smoother in my potato laptop. Now I need a way to find lasers and missiles and stock them in a TL.

<1> Thinking of buying a TL (Mammoth due to high cargo space) and set up 5 Falcon Haulers as supply ships. Will I be able to task them to supply Mammoth (home base) with selected lasers, missiles & shields? I know this is doable with an EQ dock with CLS. But wondering if I can do this with a TL, to have sort of a mobile base.

<2> If the aforementioned is possible, can I utilize TS ships (Preferably Mercuries) to supply the TL with said wares using a transporter device?

More queries might arise. Thanks in advance. :)
Last edited by Klord on Wed, 10. Jul 19, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: [X3 AP] - TL as a mobile base

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 17:07

Klord wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 08:46
Thought of having another run through Albion Prelude despite an angry girlfriend at home.

I have few queries,
I thought of not to build stations/complexes in this game and limit my ships to absolute necessities as it will allow me to run the game much smoother in my potato laptop. Now I need a way to find lasers and missiles and stock them in a TL.

<1> Thinking of buying a TL (Mammoth due to high cargo space) and set up 5 Falcon Haulers as supply ships. Will I be able to task them to supply Mammoth (home base) with selected lasers, missiles & shields? I know this is doable with an EQ dock with CLS. But wondering if I can do this with a TL, to have sort of a mobile base.

<2> If the aforementioned is possible, can I utilize TS ships (Preferably Mercuries) to supply the TL with said wares using a transporter device?

Hi,

1) Yes that should work
2) Use the CLS for this.

But I never in my life bought a Mammoth. There are so many you can capture and by that training your marines ...

cu
Rainer

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 17:17

RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 17:07
Klord wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 08:46

I have few queries,

Hi,

1) Yes that should work
2) Use the CLS for this.

But I never in my life bought a Mammoth. There are so many you can capture and by that training your marines ...

cu
Rainer
Thanks for the response. I actually tried this, but failed to set the CLS. It looks like we need to set wares in home base before getting able to select which wares to trade in CLS pilots. The dockware manager works only on player owned stations, not ships. Or am I missing something here? Please enlighten me. :)

And yes, I did capping when I mean buying. Hire them, send them to pirate space & board. Bad people we are. :twisted:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 17:23

CLS2 does not require homebase.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 19:59

I still failed to properly configure a CLS to collect wares.

But I found a walk around,
I ordered my falcons to supply the mamoth (Homebase) with specific wares. Now its happily going to available docks and supplying stuff until the said amount is fulfilled.

But, there's another problem now. The falcons dont resupply fuel from the mammoth or any other station (unless they dock in a military outpost to buy the said ware). So they run out of fuel and ends up just flying through jump gates to get to their destination. Anyway I can configure them to be more efficient?

Or can someone walk me through setting up CLS for this matter?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 23:35

Tell them to refuel or simply load up some ecells from the Mammoth when they drop off their wares.

Edit: See below. Screenshot of a CLS2 guy picking up Minerals from 20 miners, resupplying them with Ecells, dropping of the Minerals at a Mammoth and pick up some Ecells for resupplying the miners for whenever I want to group to jump somewhere.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1792031143

Note that you do make sure to have some trader deliver energy to the Mammoth itself or it will soon not have any energy to unload to your Falcons.
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 08:24

Klord wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 19:59
Or can someone walk me through setting up CLS for this matter?
Tim does focus on trading with stations, but nevertheless the Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS2 does show a trick or two about CLS Mk2.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 08:39

If you can, get yourself the Aran. That way you won't need Transporter Devices for your TS ships.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 09:22

For this purpose TL, CLS and CLS2 are not necessary.

You can use Equipment Multiplication from nearby Equipment Dock or Military Outpost (associated with shipyard).

"Multiple identical ships with identical equipment can be equipped together using a "Equip x ships at once" option. An item (one or more) purchased this way is installed on each ship, with purchase cost correctly multiplied by x, but the shipyard's stock decreases by only one (or by more if more than one purchased). Thus, it is possible to equip, for example, two ships at once with two Prototype Starburst Shockwave Cannons, have each ship individually sell one back to the shipyard (so that each ship still has one left, and the shipyard has 2 in stock again), then buy two PSSC at once for both ships again, etc."
RAVEN.myst wrote:
Sun, 4. Sep 16, 03:26
Firstly, if you have anywhere up to 10 identical ships in a shipyard, then you can equip them all identically from the associated equipment dock (not all shipyards have them, though - for example, Heaven's Assertion and Grand Exchange have SYs but not EqDs.) The ships in question MUST be totally identical in terms of ship model AND all equipment AND cargo - so even if one of them has, say, 1 more or 1 less energy cell or something in cargo, it won't join in the collective equipping. In TC, you could only do this immediately upon purchasing a group of ships, but in AP they expanded this functionality so that, if you for example accidentally quit that screen when buying ships, you can go back in - or you can do it from scratch. When applicable, the shipyard will have an option of "Equip X ships at the same time", or something like that (just look for it in the SY's trade menu) and it includes both any available weapons/shields/missiles/ammo, and ship upgrades and equipment.

I'll give you an example: when playing as Terran, I will usually buy my freighters from Saturn SY because I can get jumpdrives near there. What I do then is as follows: I select how many ships I want, then I proceed immediately to give them all whatever upgrades I want (all speed, rudder, and cargo upgrades), as well as several items of ship equipment (fight comm soft 1 and a few others) - these are the ones offered by Saturn Research Station, which is the EqD associated with that SY. Sadly, the Orbital Defense Station in the same sector is not linked to the SY, which is a pity because it has a better selection of equipment, including the jumpdrive. So I send all my docked TP/TS ships to the ODS, and manually add in the several needed items for each one (when I buy in this sector, I normally don't buy more than 5 at a time because of this step.) I configure their JD autorefuel, and send them to the SPP for fuel. Now, that's the intro stuff out the way, what you're interested in comes next: I tell them all to dock at the shipyard at The Moon, because it is linked to a Military Base that has a complete equipment inventory (except jumpdrives, dammit!) - once all 4 or 5 ships have docked there, I select the "equip 5 ships at the same time" (or whatever the exact wording is) option, and fill up on whatever they all still need.

Another (shorter) example: let's say I'm playing as Argon or OTAS, and I buy Mistrals at OTAS SY - I then tell them to dock at either Light of Heart shipyard or the one at Argon Prime (if I have linked that one in using The Hub), and once they have all docked I issue the "equip X ships" command.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 10:34

if you have anywhere up to 10 identical ships in a shipyard
in AP they expanded this functionality
In AP you could have a lot of identical ships to equip in one step. Super Shipyards allow infinite small ship docking. 10 is not the limit.

The regular Shipyards limit small ship docking to 5, so there "Equip ships" feature is less powerful (yet still better than one by one). However, regulars have 6 piers for capitals (Supers are more limited) and thus (re)equipping 6 Mammoths is feasible. Alas, station construction kits still have to be bought one at a time. :cry:

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 08:12

Thank you very much for all the helpful responses. I finally managed to configure CLSs properly.

I have had forgotten some important bits about X3 in my years of absence. Will take some time to refresh old memories.

BEST thing is, it looks like the FPS drop as the game progress has been fixed for a certain extent. Perhaps with the 3.0+ patches devs got it right. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”