BEWARE the Silicon Mine L!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rrfarmer
x4

BEWARE the Silicon Mine L!!!

Post by rrfarmer » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 23:33

:evil:

Do not EVER buy the Terran Silicon Mine L. They are so much bigger they literally collide with other rocks, and if you try to move them, instantly explode!

I have spent days and days with this headache, only having to complex them together and GTFO of a sector (because ugly/low fps of the complexes) to save the mines and energy generation potential of a whole area.

Here's a screenshot of an Argon Silicon Mine L vs a Terran one:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1774162854

As an aside, if you play X games add me on steam! :)

Fulgrymm
x4

Re: BEWARE the Silicon Mine L!!!

Post by Fulgrymm » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 02:23

Holy mackerel that's a ridiculous difference.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 05:32

rrfarmer wrote:
Tue, 18. Jun 19, 23:33
:evil:

Do not EVER buy the Terran Silicon Mine L. They are so much bigger they literally collide with other rocks, and if you try to move them, instantly explode!

I have spent days and days with this headache, only having to complex them together and GTFO of a sector (because ugly/low fps of the complexes) to save the mines and energy generation potential of a whole area.

Here's a screenshot of an Argon Silicon Mine L vs a Terran one:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1774162854

As an aside, if you play X games add me on steam! :)
The same is true for their Solar Energy Plants.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 10:58

Still, Terran complexes are impressive to fly around/through in-person. I don't actually find that they make a lot of fps difference compared to other complexes actually, but then I do use Saetan's vanilla-safe no-tubes mod. Their real disadvantage if you are IS is how long AI ships take to dock there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 12:47

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 10:58
...Saetan's vanilla-safe no-tubes mod..
Thank you very much for that bit of info :)
---

I personally have a tendency to say that everything in the X-uni is about 30-60% slower than it should have been. For that reason alone I kind of dislike the Terran stations.
Do like the one used for a few different type of stations (food stuff), mildly looking like the Xenon station. Would not have mind that one as trade station to liter around the uni :)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 19:12

I was about to ask why buy Terran for other than roleplay, but there seems to be Teladi reasonsss:

Code: Select all

Race	Price (cr)	Volume
Terran	  805'056	16'500
Teladi	  905'688	14'250
Split	1'022'552	14'250
Argon	1'139'416	14'250
Paranid	1'227'060	14'250
Boron	1'402'356	14'250
However, I could haul four Teladi in a Mammoth but only three Terrans. Such size difference must show up somewhere. :roll:

X3R. Savage Spur. There were several pairs of 'roids there, where you had to build and tow specific Mine first to avoid collision. That with the cosy Teladi design. Terrans would have annihilated both ways.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 22:35

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 19:12
X3R. Savage Spur. There were several pairs of 'roids there, where you had to build and tow specific Mine first to avoid collision. That with the cosy Teladi design. Terrans would have annihilated both ways.
Yeah, the First sector that I had to quickly complex was Herron's Nebula. Then in Megnir I finally wised up and got non-terran. Playing X3AP for reference.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Sat, 22. Jun 19, 14:43

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 19:12
I'm under the impression that rocks have been moved between TC and AP. In TC I had to move 1 rock when mining Barren Shores located at the west of the cluster. In AP I had to move 2, both located at the north-east side of the cluster.
Just for reference though. When you kill a rock with a mining laser, how long does it take to respawn in your game? I understand the given time is ~1 gameday. There is a topic floating around that suggests there are different times applied when rocks get killed by Hornet or MDS, in my experience both cases take about 7 to 12 gamedays to respawn the killed rock. (It somewhat feels like MDS killed rocks respawn mildly faster but my numbers do not 'really' support it.)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 22. Jun 19, 19:03

Red-Spot wrote:
Sat, 22. Jun 19, 14:43
When you kill a rock with a mining laser, how long does it take to respawn in your game? I understand the given time is ~1 gameday. There is a topic floating around that suggests there are different times applied when rocks get killed by Hornet or MDS, in my experience both cases take about 7 to 12 gamedays to respawn the killed rock. (It somewhat feels like MDS killed rocks respawn mildly faster but my numbers do not 'really' support it.)
The code for respawning asteroids simply randomizes to 3-10 days always, only verifying that the asteroid is flagged to respawn.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”