[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DarkAleks

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.8.1d

Post by DarkAleks » Tue, 21. May 19, 00:42

Playing this mod for second week (second in-game day). Really like it so far, all new mechanics, dynamic wars, even story. I had 10 UT and encountered same bug with one of them being attacked and non-stop jumps from sector to sector with spam messages. Easiest solution was to self-destruct this ship. Not a big deal. Another issue I encountered, my "Collect Wares in Universe" transport was switched to DA after some time. 2 times now. Not sure, what was the trigger. May be when he got attacked? Everything else is being played smoothly, thanks for the mod!

omega062
x3ap

Post by omega062 » Wed, 22. May 19, 00:53

@Joubarbe Thanks for great MOD! X3+LU+MAYHEM is the game I was looking for years. I am a few days in the game and I have two questions.

1, I have two groups of M7. Xenon C and Hayabusa. I found Hayabusa is much more likely to collide with station while attacking it. Basically every one or two stations, I will lose one Hayabusa while C is doing much better. I have lost 9 Hayabusa while only lost 2 C. All killed by colliding with stations. (OOS can solve it but it kills fun). Is this a known bug? Any way to avoid it?
2, Regarding the maneuverability of M2. M2 in the game seems to have some problem to move correctly. When attacking ship or station, it will just move directly towards the target at full speed. If the target station is on its way by chance, M2 will just rush into the station and doesn't stop and turn around. If it passed the target, it won't stop and turn around. It will just keep moving at full speed and leave the target further and further away. In my current game, I have both Ray and Pteranodon, both of which have same problem. I tried to use Pteranodon in LU game to attack a station. It can correctly turn around when getting close to a station. I think this is definitely a bug in MAYHEM.

Thanks again for the great MOD!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 22. May 19, 03:20

Well, both issues seem related. I never had such problem (or I didn't notice), and no one reported that earlier, to my knowledge. The problem is that collision avoidance is managed by the game, it's hardcoded.
Did you disable Bounce by any chance?

omega062
x3ap

Post by omega062 » Wed, 22. May 19, 03:41

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 22. May 19, 03:20
Well, both issues seem related. I never had such problem (or I didn't notice), and no one reported that earlier, to my knowledge. The problem is that collision avoidance is managed by the game, it's hardcoded.
Did you disable Bounce by any chance?
Bounce is enabled. I installed 2.8.1d.

An easy test is to ask a Pteranodon to attack a missile production station, calling from 15 km away. One Pteranodon will not be able to kill the station before it flies away from it. If Pteranodon can stop and turn around, that means patch 2.8.1d is good and I need reinstall my game.

EDIT: I went ahead do this test and turn on SETA to observe. It actually did turn around after flying far far away. Guess I can live with that. Just retreat and recall. :)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 25. May 19, 13:29

First three episodes of the tutorial series are up. They cover gameplay before setting up the first sector.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... r_marXo4RQ

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.8.2

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 25. May 19, 15:10

And to go with that, 2.8.2 released. That's a very small update, but important nonetheless (randomizing array in a proper way is important...).

Thanks Hector0x! I'm gonna watch that right now!
EDIT: You really should advertise your videos on the other threads, maybe even X4's :) (and Discord / Reddit / Steam!)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 25. May 19, 20:35

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 15:10
You really should advertise your videos on the other threads, maybe even X4's :) (and Discord / Reddit / Steam!)
Yeah i've thought about that. But probably after the playlist is a bit longer. I don't want too much people start playing now and then having to wait until the next video.
Just hope you don't roll out another big version that makes everthing outdated. But Mayhem seems feature complete to me. Otherwise i wouldn't have touched the record button. :lol:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 25. May 19, 21:51

You know you can see the local merchants' stuff without docking into any station, right? :)

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Sat, 25. May 19, 22:14

having a positive rep with a faction i notice some ships are still red while others from the same faction is white. is this intended or a bug?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 26. May 19, 13:26

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 21:51
You know you can see the local merchants' stuff without docking into any station, right? :)
Good to know. I think i even have used it before. Will mention that. But you have to be in sector, right? No way to automate it.

@fiby: Could it be the police? Or if you went from negative to positive reputation with that race.

Ophidian

Post by Ophidian » Wed, 29. May 19, 10:14

@joubarbe

Are Terrans supposed to have combat missions?

I normally run vanilla combat missions for the races for dogfights and reputation
and I noticed that the Terrans don't have any.

I jumped to like 10-15 terran sectors and didn't find one. The only offered "combat mission"
are the "Destroy 5 ships" types. There are none of the Defend XYZ Station.

I don't remember this in old versions of the mod. I came back to give it a second shot
after a long time off and can't remember.

Nice work by the way. I see you kept working on it past X4's release. It'd be nice to have
a fancy graphics engine behind your mod but there's so much wrong with X4.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 29. May 19, 11:03

Ophidian wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 10:14
@joubarbe

No idea :)
The whole mission system is vanilla. I don't remember if Terrans have specific restrictions.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Wed, 29. May 19, 12:21

Havent played in around a year(2.4.1). Came back to look around and the development thats gone into this since then is awesome. Really excited to try the new boarding..

With your universe is ugly and the trans orbital gates option. Is that supposed to change ALL gates into trans orbital accelerators as I used it but the gates are still the same?
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 29. May 19, 13:11

It only works for new game. However, I'm going to remove that feature, as vanilla scripts don't like un-jumpable universe. There's a problem with the gates in the Omicron channel, and even without them, it's probably not as safe as I thought.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Wed, 29. May 19, 21:41

Hmm, yea it was on a new gamestart and I ran it a number of times (3) as I wasnt sure I had done it correctly or had missed something the first couple when it didnt work.

Not to worry though if you are going to remove it anyway will just play without it, shame as was going to make life more interesting and I'm not sure I've got the balls for the intruder start haha.

Cheers, thanks for all your continued work.
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 09:18

Ophidian wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 10:14
@joubarbe

I normally run vanilla combat missions for the races for dogfights and reputation
and I noticed that the Terrans don't have any.

I jumped to like 10-15 terran sectors and didn't find one. The only offered "combat mission"
are the "Destroy 5 ships" types. There are none of the Defend XYZ Station.
No, Terrans were in vanilla unfinished and they don't offer Protect Station missions unfortunately.

Btw, great job on this mod,
just a little bug that I've found. After reaching Reputation 10 I have 0 costs in ministry of war for things like Revealing map... Unlocked shipyard info & ship marker, but the ship market button still shows Access Denied.
Had to reload saved game, buy the access and than max out reputation. (ver. 2.8.1)

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 17:29

Hey!

I've been drawn back into Mayhem again and wanted to grab all the new updates since I last played, but I can't seem to download them from ModDB, it's saying that there are no available mirrors.

Is there something wrong with the DL or am I doing something wrong?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 19:45

ModDB is a ****** website. It should get back soon. I will never use this website again, Nexus is a lot more better.

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Tue, 4. Jun 19, 00:50

Is there anywhere else i can download Mayhem,Moddb isnt working,no mirrors

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Tue, 4. Jun 19, 03:51

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 3. Jun 19, 19:45
ModDB is a ****** website. It should get back soon. I will never use this website again, Nexus is a lot more better.
It's still not back up as of 11 hours after I posted. Would you be able to upload a dropbox mirror or something? Or for that matter literally anyone with the 2.8.2 archive.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”