Argon Shipyard destroyed within a day of gametime

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Glasya_25
x4

Argon Shipyard destroyed within a day of gametime

Post by Glasya_25 » Mon, 20. May 19, 09:30

As the title says. i started a secoond playtrough planning to keep it vanilla (for the sake of ventures), but within 24H (in game) the argon shipyard got attacked by 3 Xenon K's and one Xenon I destroyer.
Now i cant buy/repair/upgrade/sell any small or medium ship on that shipyard. and obivoulsy by that time i dont have the amount of credits to build a proper defense fleet.

honestly, this is beyond frustrating and as far as im concecred NPC factions wont repair/rebuild damaged or destroyed stations.
wich means i basicly have to do ANOTHER restart just to keep that shipyard, wich got under heavy fire right from the start of the game. i dont trhink that this is meant to be this way.

my first playtrough didnt suffer from these kind of problems.

EDIT: as i am writing this, another Xenon K intruded the argon prime sector and immedialty goes for the shipyard......wtf!!!

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Argon Shipyard destroyed within a day of gametime

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 20. May 19, 17:18

Wow, you must had a very bad day in your game to have Argon Prime destroyed.
In my game it is very safe.

The worst I saw was one time in Hatikvah's Choice where I saw 1x I, 2x K at Xenon game and in the same time another 1x I, 2x K at game to Argon Prime. Maybe they would made to Argon Prime, but I took care of them.
Now argons put like 4 defense platforms at Xenon gate, so it's rare for them to fly away (usually the shot at platform and trigger the retaliation, because unfrtunately platforms don't attack on their own).

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Mon, 20. May 19, 17:42

I empathise with your frustration but this is bound to happen to someone in a free-form game like X4. The chance is small but not null. If Egosoft tries to restrict that kind of situation, other issues will arise - recall that as of now we can't destroy xenon stations in construction nor build storages?
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Tue, 21. May 19, 00:02

If you upgrade to the 2.5 beta, the argon will rebuild their shipyard. That is crazy though, i've never had the xenon break out of hatikvah's choice in any of my playthroughs, it always seems to be the teladi trade station in IZ that gets destroyed in the early game for me. The problem is the empires don't seem to pull patrols from other sectors to protect others. In my last playthrough the xenon wrecked ianamus zura IV while a huge fleet of teladi phoenix just sat around in ianamus zura VII.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Tue, 21. May 19, 03:26

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 00:02
The problem is the empires don't seem to pull patrols from other sectors to protect others.
Hell, they barely protect anything. It takes a mod to "wake them up" enough that they'll even go after the Xenon Defense Stations in-sector. There are some definite holes there.

If they turn Xenon up any more than they already have, they're going to have to turn up the factions to compensate.

memxcom
x2

Post by memxcom » Tue, 21. May 19, 11:18

I would start a new play through if that happened to me, personally Xenon are not an issue in my game, I'm actually attacking and destroying all their shipyards, they are not even a threat anymore. More sectors freed from Xenon control :) .

I actually have my own shipyard that is making tonnes of money which is self sufficient, builds everything.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 21. May 19, 13:00

Ha Ha, no waring in my game. I run with no guns, I fire no shots. And all is peaceful and quiet. ( live by the sword, dye by the sword ) Peace brothers.
:roll:

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Tue, 21. May 19, 14:40

I had the same thing once. Factions really don't seem to care or try to defend much.
A really bad logic-hole which makes the "dynamic"-universe feel so illogical.
You see the same thing if you put your ships on patrol, they don't see whats going on in a sector.
They just "defend" if they get close to a enemy by chance.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 21. May 19, 15:01

In my latest game, Xenons wiped out half of hatikvah's, but were stopped by HAT's trade and defense stations, which ended up badly wounded.
On the other hand, a pretty big fleet managed to fly straight from faulty logic on a full burn course towards argon prime, but they got caught in the Arg/Ant/Hop conflict at the second contact/true sight gate, and were luckily stopped there. That was a truly epic NPC battle.

It made for a pretty interesting game start. Now things have calmed down, safe for a few minor skirmishes at jumpgates.
I actually wish for more invasion waves like that, now that I have enough hardware to contribute. I barely ever see a K anymore. Faction wars seem to have dwindle down to a few scraps between fighters.

I wonder if that later issue has to do with supply blocks at their shipyards. I tried as best as I could to build a few stations and help each factions patch their home sector economy, but I don't want to invest too much in there either. And whenever I managed to help supply a ware that was blocking a shipyard, the issue just moves on to another ware after a few hours.

I guess I'll just focus on my own production chains and see if they buy from my own shipyard once it's set up.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

memxcom
x2

Post by memxcom » Tue, 21. May 19, 16:11

Ezarkal wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 15:01
In my latest game, Xenons wiped out half of hatikvah's, but were stopped by HAT's trade and defense stations, which ended up badly wounded.
On the other hand, a pretty big fleet managed to fly straight from faulty logic on a full burn course towards argon prime, but they got caught in the Arg/Ant/Hop conflict at the second contact/true sight gate, and were luckily stopped there. That was a truly epic NPC battle.

It made for a pretty interesting game start. Now things have calmed down, safe for a few minor skirmishes at jumpgates.
I actually wish for more invasion waves like that, now that I have enough hardware to contribute. I barely ever see a K anymore. Faction wars seem to have dwindle down to a few scraps between fighters.

I wonder if that later issue has to do with supply blocks at their shipyards. I tried as best as I could to build a few stations and help each factions patch their home sector economy, but I don't want to invest too much in there either. And whenever I managed to help supply a ware that was blocking a shipyard, the issue just moves on to another ware after a few hours.

I guess I'll just focus on my own production chains and see if they buy from my own shipyard once it's set up.

You know all the xenon ships come from their Xenon sectors, so all you need to do is have a few ships waiting near the jump gate points and ambush them, then once your fleet is big enough go on the offensive and take out all their shipyards, stations etc, what threat is left after that lol....

Make ambush chokes points at jumpgates in Holy Vision, Ianamus Zura 4, Hatikvahs Choice 1 and you have Xenon well controlled, if they can't get through then can't do any damage to stations etc...

Fame
x4

Post by Fame » Tue, 21. May 19, 19:41

There is something that i like to call a feedback loop.... let me explain...

If you provide a faction with enough stuff they will hit back... not sure myself if Ore/Silicon is enough or if other wares is needed ( i never had an miner in trouble) i suspect that the combo speeds things up and yes it takes several ingame hours to see its effect ... and i saw it happen on vanilla 2.0. HOP made a push into Faulty Logic after several days they lost all the 4 defense stations there.
By 2.5 i started to supply them with Ore and other goodies that i didnt need. So HOP has over taken Faulty Logic 1 ( this time i helped with a little bit of military support though) and pushing into Faulty Logic 7 (south of 2 if i remember the map correctly).
Granted when someone has just started things do might start "scary" but imo, the Universe seems quite more dinamic in my own view. And personaly i think for the better.

Fame
Its a problem if you don´t have any problems.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 24. May 19, 02:00

Been beta testing 2.5

Seen the same thing happen in several different games but t with other faction sectors, not Argon Prime.

Seen hatikvas get destroyed by Zeno’s, seen ianamazuras destroyed, holy vision as well. The most amazing Zeno incursion and destruction happened to the Teladi in the core sectors. They lost ownership of those sectors (they became free sectors).

I thought it was cool and part of what we wanted in the old x games.

Sucks for your start but changing that part of the game would be bad in my opinion!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Glasya_25
x4

Post by Glasya_25 » Fri, 24. May 19, 08:11

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 00:02
If you upgrade to the 2.5 beta, the argon will rebuild their shipyard. That is crazy though, i've never had the xenon break out of hatikvah's choice in any of my playthroughs, it always seems to be the teladi trade station in IZ that gets destroyed in the early game for me. The problem is the empires don't seem to pull patrols from other sectors to protect others. In my last playthrough the xenon wrecked ianamus zura IV while a huge fleet of teladi phoenix just sat around in ianamus zura VII.

wow guys thanks i did no expect that amount of answers i'll look into all of them, but first can someone provide me alink how to upgrade to 2.5? or do we have date wehn it will be released?
we're now on 2.21 since march if im corrrect, wich ofc is fine they better take their time and make stuff great, im loking forward to that.
my plan was to build a enginepartfactory near that wharf to keep it running and now i cant even dock at it anymore, i jsut hope they fix it at some point.

a friend fo mine started playing this game too, and he also got at least one xenon K in his argon prime sector. so this really might be a problem related to the current version of the game

for now my motivation todo another restart is lacking so ill leave the argon prime sector and focus on the antigone faction and hope that they are somewhat save.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 24. May 19, 10:04

2.5 is a beta.

Go to tech forum, link is there. Betas are for testing, just remember that before you download and read the info egosoft posts about the betas.

Cheers
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Graxx Katarn
x4

Post by Graxx Katarn » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 06:03

Yeah I'm about done with this garbage game again. I joined back on my main save a few weeks ago and explored split space for the first time, and within a day 3 split sectors had been completely wiped out by the xenon, and Hatikva's faith was also under constant attack. I could physically not respond to every threat fast enough. I know how to kill xenon I's and K's solo pretty easily, but when there's a NEW XENON I EVERY 30 ****** MINUTES IT UNMANAGEABLE!!!!!

I started a new game as a teladi trader and left my pc on for a couple hours while I went to go do some shopping, so I could get the trader's pilot skill up. I came back to a start screen. Loaded in the last autosave which was 7 hours in and a xenon I and 2 K's were just about done laying utter waste to Hewa's Twin I. I actually, no shit, WATCHED Teladi destroyers and carriers travel right ****** past them without so much as slowing down. I demand a fix because this is an absolute joke. I can't play the game, I CAN NOT PLAY THE GAME.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 08:05

This topic is nearly 2 years old. Many of the initial issues have been fixed by many updates in the meantime. You may wish to start a new topic.

If you are playing the 4.00 beta then be aware that there are currently some economic bugs due to an on going economic rebalance and changes to mining which results in factions not being able to build ships and defences efficiently. I suggest reporting any of these in the appropriate beta forums.

If you are playing the current release version then there are minor strategic issues with ZYA which mean they suicide all their military ships against Xenon defence platforms and all their traders through XEN sectors. These issues should be improved in 4.00.

Return to “X4: Foundations”