Bloodthirsty Promotions!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Bloodthirsty Promotions!

Post by Nanook » Tue, 14. May 19, 21:44

Ahright, Cap'n, you're a worthless incompetent and I'm takin' over. Out the airlock with 'im, boys! :pirat:

Sound familiar? This is how 'Promote to Captain' works in X4. Why not just send the former captains/pilots back into the ranks rather than 'disappear' them? They're probably perfectly good marines or engineers, after all. Or at least cannon fodder for the next boarding op. C'mon, Egosoft, this is silly and wasteful. Please fix it. :(
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: Bloodthirsty Promotions!

Post by Tamina » Tue, 14. May 19, 22:27

Version 2.5 wrote:
  • Fixed promotion of crew to pilots removing existing pilot from ship.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 14. May 19, 23:42

Oh. :oops:

Well, that's gonna change the whole culture of my crews. Klingon -> Federation. :lol:

Thanks for the info. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Wed, 15. May 19, 16:37

Actually it would be nice if they could also be "promoted sideways" ;) e.g. move marine to service crew and vice versa.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 15. May 19, 17:57

I accidentally kicked out a 4 star captain by accident while doing crew transfer 2 days ago...
I was not a happy space explorer.

Good to know there's a fix coming up. :)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 15. May 19, 18:35

Faustov wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 16:37
Actually it would be nice if they could also be "promoted sideways" ;) e.g. move marine to service crew and vice versa.
I think you can use the scrollers in the ship info tab to unassign some crew. You can create a small pool of unassigned crew that way, and then switch them to another function (service crew vs marine).
I don't think you can hand-pick them if you use this method, though.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Faustov
x4

Post by Faustov » Wed, 15. May 19, 21:35

Exactly, scrollbars work, but not possible to handpick.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 15. May 19, 22:26

Faustov wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 21:35
It is possible to handpick in certain circumstances, specifically if the ship in question has another ship docked. In such circumstances it's possible to reassign, say, the captain to be a marine. Don't even need to put them on the docked ship, they can be reassigned as a marine on their current ship - docked ship is only there so you don't get the "this person cannot reach any other place" error when ordering them to work somewhere else. I generally use this method if I want to swap the captain of one of my capitals with a fighter pilot who has better stats. To avoid losing the capital's previous captain I temporarily reassign them as a marine, transfer over the fighter's pilot to be the new capital captain, then transfer the old capital captain to the fighter. I use marines as the temporary job since most of my ships don't normally carry marines so it makes it very easy to identify who's being transferred. Also works if you want to reassign one of the service crew to be a marine, for example to claim an abandoned ship.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 16. May 19, 03:17

Honestly marines are kind of useless at the moment. The AI cannot board your ships, there is no logic for this even if they were to try. Additionally since Marines are free to refit at your own services you can always keep throwing more and more unskilled men at the ship until it is yours.

I would really like to see marines be required for efficient operation of some ships. For example without sufficient strength worth of Marines a ship might fight less efficiently in combat with slower turret reload and such.

gorgofdoom
x4

Post by gorgofdoom » Sun, 19. May 19, 10:58

Faustov wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 21:35
If you open the crew list, click on the crew member/ marine , then press C you will be able to reassign them via 'calling' them.

If you are looking for specific skill levels vr. individuals; unassign all the crew members, then start filling the bars from the bottom.

Return to “X4: Foundations”