XAP Breaking Grounds Plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

smitj
x3

XAP Breaking Grounds Plot

Post by smitj » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 19:35

I'm doing the mission in Breaking Grounds where you have to protect the science ship that's carrying the gate to Void of Opportunity. Several problems, mainly the Pirates just keep on coming, I've been battling them for nearly an hour and still they come! The science ship doesn't move and there is a Buzzard that cannot be killed. it has no 0% shields and 0% hull but it cannot be destroyed. Is this a bug and/or is there an end to this mission.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: XAP Breaking Grounds Plot

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 7. Mar 19, 07:30

smitj wrote:
Fri, 22. Feb 19, 19:35
I'm doing the mission in Breaking Grounds where you have to protect the science ship that's carrying the gate to Void of Opportunity. Several problems, mainly the Pirates just keep on coming, I've been battling them for nearly an hour and still they come! The science ship doesn't move and there is a Buzzard that cannot be killed. it has no 0% shields and 0% hull but it cannot be destroyed. Is this a bug and/or is there an end to this mission.
In case you still haven't solved this problem:

Stay out of sector. The moment the science ship arrives you jump out. I don't know if it works if you leave later.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Wed, 8. May 19, 00:12

The target ship is invulnerable and the pirates are easy kills. It tends not to move until the player is 30km from the gate.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 9. May 19, 05:18

DrSuperEvil wrote:
Wed, 8. May 19, 00:12
The target ship is invulnerable and the pirates are easy kills. It tends not to move until the player is 30km from the gate.
The base problem is the science-ship's fighters. They take of and land constantly, and each time the ship stops and waits like any other carrier in the game. If the "Abraham Lincoln" would do the same, it would take them months to reach Iran.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 9. May 19, 14:56

Unintended invulnerable ships (not direct plot assets) are a rare bug but are pretty harmless usually. More here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”