Station can't stock Ammo - Needs a Manager

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Victor Y

Station can't stock Ammo - Needs a Manager

Post by Victor Y » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 13:29

I've made my self a new station with tracking turrets here and there, but I can't stock ammo.
In the logical overview, Ammunition drop-down menu is not there.

In another station with tracking turrets, there is plenty ammo and I can choose the type and auto restock options.

What am I missing?
I tried to transfer missiles from a destroyer, but the station is not accepting missiles.

*** Update ***
I added a missile component module to the station and it had no effect.
I added a pier for large ship docking and now I can make all of 10 missiles.

Is a large pier a requirement for ammo production or was it just a coincident that I checked when the pier was done?

Kpla Keltak

Re: Station can't stock Ammo

Post by Kpla Keltak » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 07:29

Make sure you have employed a station manager..then it should work :wink:

I have lots of defence stations without piers and they all work fine
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Xcaliber
x4

Re: Station can't stock Ammo

Post by Xcaliber » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 16:17

Kpla Keltak wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 07:29
Make sure you have employed a station manager..then it should work :wink:

I have lots of defence stations without piers and they all work fine
I have a station that won't show any ammo also. It has L/XL piers, wharfs, Admin centres and multiple production modules all working fine and the manager and ship trader have been there for ages but never been able to see or access any ammo.

EngRik1
x4

Re: Station can't stock Ammo - Needs a Manager

Post by EngRik1 » Wed, 17. Jul 19, 23:09

I think I'm in the same situation.
I have a nice new station, with 3-tier docks, with a station manager, with storage (container, solids, liquid), accommodation, energy, a workforce etc.
When I open the DockInteraction|Transfer Wares menu - I can transfer my 'wares', but I cannot transfer any of my missiles or deployables (and just that phrase makes me think that it's not something that the system wants me to do - i.e. it doesn't say satellites / nav beacons, resources probes - just 'deployables'. If it was going to allow transfer of these items, I suspect that it would be telling me the three types I have).
Also, I simply expect to see the missiles, satellites, nav beacons and probes in the list of "Wares" shown for my ship.

So, how do we transfer missiles from our ship (either the one I'm in , or others) to a station ???

In the old days (X3) I used to just buy lots of items and have a couple of mammoths docked in my station which I used as a storage area - had thousands of missiles, weapons (oh, and don't get me started on not being able to just buy weapons and transport them back to my stations for use on ships I want to upgrade later! (that is SO ANNOYING))

Having now played for some 100 days, I think I shall have to start the 'things that don't work at all, things that nearly work - but not correctly, and the why on earth would developers write it that way?' threads.

Don't get me wrong, there are bits of X4 I really like - and much more that I can see 'will' be great (when the bugs and glitches are fixed), but at the moment, it's a chore. Oh, dev guys … I know that you're at least one generation behind my dev teams - but KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS ! just remember the idea. There should be no menu, action or screen I can't access without using a damn mouse.
RDev

Return to “X4: Foundations”