Placement of defnce Stations.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SPiDER
x4

Placement of defnce Stations.

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:28

I saw in the The support thread someone had posted some screenies of an ARG defence platfom placed right in the superhighway at the begining of HAT 1.
Which made me remember how damn difficult it was to find a reasonable plot by the Tharka's Gate.
The Xenon used to come straight out of the gate and head for the factory opposite ( in my game its one of those illusive engine part factory's ) so I wanted to get a plot in front of it and build my defense platform there.But it was not available all red in front of or close the the gate to Tharka's,Silent witness and the accelerator to Hat 3 so I had to do with a plot to the right of the Tharka's gate.However I noticed the other day that the damn Xenon have built a defense station right where I wanted to whilst I was off elsewhere doing station stuff.....How come NPC's can do it?

Anyone else had this????

phrozen1
x4

Re: Placement of defnce Stations.

Post by phrozen1 » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:37

sounds like the xenon have claimed that plot before you did ;)

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 11:52

Stations in the highways, asteroids in the highways, huge ships in the highways, it's all been there already back in Rebirth. I don't think that the NPC station placement algorithm strictly abides by the rules, and sometimes it just... fails.
Spoiler
Show
Hell, you can even bend the rules yourself, at least at the moment, by pasting a massive pre-designed station into a tiny plot, or copy-pasting sections that end up poking through the limits.

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 20:53

phrozen1 wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:37
sounds like the xenon have claimed that plot before you did ;)
Did they pay their plot fee?

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 21:33

I took exception ...with extreme prejudice :)

r4tch3t
x4

Post by r4tch3t » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 06:01

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 19, 11:52
Stations in the highways, asteroids in the highways, huge ships in the highways, it's all been there already back in Rebirth. I don't think that the NPC station placement algorithm strictly abides by the rules, and sometimes it just... fails.
Spoiler
Show
Hell, you can even bend the rules yourself, at least at the moment, by pasting a massive pre-designed station into a tiny plot, or copy-pasting sections that end up poking through the limits.
You can also purchase a small plot next to the highway then expand i the plot over the highway.
You can do the same if you want overlapping stations, used it when a defence station was to be built inside a factory.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 11:07

Aye discovered the *spoiler* thing myself

Return to “X4: Foundations”