[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

x3-AmModer
x3

Re: [MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

Post by x3-AmModer » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 02:04

BlackArchon wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 22:00
What seems to be wrong in your screenshot?
Hey, 😃 BlackArchon, are you kidding me? 😀 Look at the right turret. The canons! Do you think it is normal? They are a little more :lol: on the rightside of the turret. And this issue is on all ships with this type of the turret in the game....

In neutral position is all fine, but if you start turning with the turret, the canons are going to the side (right or left, like you are turning with....).

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 08:59

BlackArchon wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 08:16
Ah yes, I see it now, thanks. I never noticed that ingame.
Ok. 🙂 And you never noticed that in the game, or you haven' t this problem? Because if this isn't in your game, that means the problem is in my bad installation or something else..... I don' t know.

Thank you...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 09:34

I just checked: In my heavily modified XRM installation, the Hayabusa also has these weird turrets. They look ok if they are in their idle position, but their gun barrel shifts incorrectly when the turret turns. So yes, I can confirm this issue.

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 16:51

BlackArchon wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 09:34
I just checked: In my heavily modified XRM installation, the Hayabusa also has these weird turrets. They look ok if they are in their idle position, but their gun barrel shifts incorrectly when the turret turns. So yes, I can confirm this issue.
Thank you man! Do you think the mod masters of XRM are still active? I love USC ships and their new turrets. As I said, in the Xtra ship pack are the same models of USC and their turrets are good, without this issue.... it must be a small thing repairable in a few minutes.

Have a nice day...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 16:55

No, the creators basically don't exist anymore. :(
To fix this, I suggest looking at TComponents.txt or so. But since this is only a cosmetic issue, I'm not really interested in fixing this by myself, sorry.

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 04:43

BlackArchon wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 16:55
No, the creators basically don't exist anymore. :(
To fix this, I suggest looking at TComponents.txt or so. But since this is only a cosmetic issue, I'm not really interested in fixing this by myself, sorry.
Finished :D , I will upload it tomorrow. Problem was in the objects, the scene of the turret. Rewrited from other mod with correct files. You won't need to start a new game, just install like a fake patch and in game fly to another sector for reload the ship scene (with correct turrets).

X3-AmModer :wink:

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 18:11

Hello everyone!

Here is the promised patch for heavy turrets of USC and ATF ships:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3w8t278wt ... tch_01.rar

And Nagoya is sexy again ... :twisted:
[ external image ]

Your X3-AmModer :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 19:09

Thank you! I will use your patch when I start my new XRM game. Do you also start a new XRM playthrough? If yes, please inform us when you find other problems. I also have a few fixes and small improvements done to my XRM installation, maybe we could then combine our fixes to a patch which is worth it for other players. :)

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:50

BlackArchon wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 19:09
Thank you! I will use your patch when I start my new XRM game. Do you also start a new XRM playthrough? If yes, please inform us when you find other problems. I also have a few fixes and small improvements done to my XRM installation, maybe we could then combine our fixes to a patch which is worth it for other players. :)
Ok, and yes I will start a new game with XRM, my firsttime. If I will find something, I will report it here.... 😉

Have a good day!

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 19:29

x3-AmModer wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:50
BlackArchon wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 19:09
Ok, and yes I will start a new game with XRM, my firsttime. If I will find something, I will report it here.... 😉

Have a good day!
Hey, BlackArchon!

And... what fixes and improvements do you think? Just out of curiosity. 😃

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 20:06

I'm using the following fixes and enhancements:
- Removed the wrong turret entry from Terran and Xenon capital ships which indicates a light blue weapon that doesn't exist.
- The combat performance patch (have a look at my signature), with an additional change to the Plasma Beam Cannon (PBC), Ion Cannon (IC) and Fusion Beam Cannon (FBC): they have their active firing time (that is the time the laser is actually visible) reduced by 50%; this means it is now easier to deliver the full damage to moving enemies. As it turned out rather surprisingly, enemies don't like to be shot at with lasers and try to avoid getting hit - this is now more difficult and makes lasers more viable compared to conventional capital ship weapons like PPC.
- I added energy cells to nearly all Equipment Docks to make refueling your capital ships more comfortable.
- The Yaki Akuma (M2) got a shield enhancement from 6 to 8 GJ.
- The Yaki Kariudo (M7) got their Teladi turrets replaced by Paranid ones; I hoped to fix the problem that AI Kariudos get abysmal weapons when this type of ship gets spawned, but this didn't help too much - I have to further investigate this issue.
- The ATF Valhalla (M2) is now a proper ATF ship again, so it will get spawned by the game (and with additional scripts like Improved Races).
- I changed the maximum communication range of the player and maximum view distance of satellites to their much larger values from Litcube's Universe (LU).
- All docks can now hold way more wares like in LU, although this comes with a slight cosmetic issue on military bases (way too many marines are sold). It is now more difficult for the galaxy-wide economy to die because of lacking resources.
- Pirate shipyards sell more types of Pirate ships.

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 20:33

BlackArchon wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 20:06
- Removed the wrong turret entry from Terran and Xenon capital ships which indicates a light blue weapon that doesn't exist.
- The combat performance patch (have a look at my signature), with an additional change to the Plasma Beam Cannon (PBC), Ion Cannon (IC) and Fusion Beam Cannon (FBC): they have their active firing time (that is the time the laser is actually visible) reduced by 50%; this means it is now easier to deliver the full damage to moving enemies. As it turned out rather surprisingly, enemies don't like to be shot at with lasers and try to avoid getting hit - this is now more difficult and makes lasers more viable compared to conventional capital ship weapons like PPC.
- I added energy cells to nearly all Equipment Docks to make refueling your capital ships more comfortable.
- The Yaki Kariudo (M7) got their Teladi turrets replaced by Paranid ones; I hoped to fix the problem that AI Kariudos get abysmal weapons when this type of ship gets spawned, but this didn't help too much - I have to further investigate this issue.
- The ATF Valhalla (M2) is now a proper ATF ship again, so it will get spawned by the game (and with additional scripts like Improved Races).
- I changed the maximum communication range of the player and maximum view distance of satellites to their much larger values from Litcube's Universe (LU).
- All docks can now hold way more wares like in LU, although this comes with a slight cosmetic issue on military bases (way too many marines are sold). It is now more difficult for the galaxy-wide economy to die because of lacking resources.
:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: 8) Awesome

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 14:19

BlackArchon wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 20:06
Please, could you tell me something? Is XRM better play in AP or in TC version? Comes AP with something better?

And one more question. Do you have the same problem with mouse - cursor speed in AP? When I start TC, all is fine with it. But as soon as I start AP, the mouse cursor is slower in game than I am moving with mouse on the table... Do you know why?

Resolution = the same like res. of monitor
TC and AP = the same graphic settings

Just if you know....

Thank's 🙂

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 17:43

I'm answering here instead of via PM. I've never tried to use XRM with TC because I'm exclusively playing XRM with AP. On these very rare occasions where I use the mouse ingame (why would I use the mouse? I'm coming from X:BtF and X2, which didn't have mouse support), I never noticed anything strange.

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sat, 30. Mar 19, 03:07

This is something for someone, who want no trails behind ships.... :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3s1j3j47p ... or_XRM.rar

X3-AmModer

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 11. Apr 19, 17:59

I just don't get it why new spawned Yaki ships (tested with Akurei, Kariudo and Akuma) with their default equipment get too few weapons. Not all of their turrets will have weapons in them... can someone confirm this?

AshToDust
x3tc

Post by AshToDust » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 23:24

Hi,

I searched a bit but didn't find any thread about an issue I have with XRM and some station naming.

My setup :
- X3AP
- nosteam exe
- X³AP All In One Bonus Package (v5.1.0)
- XRM (with cockpit)
- TC plot for AP
- TC plot for AP compatibility patch (final version)

Some station have weird name like {1000,1012}-{17,811113}

I suppose they are station spawned by the AI but I have no other clue.

Some of you already met that kind of issue?

Thx

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 10:10

Such an error usually indicates a mod conflict, like installing them in the wrong order, or using incompatible mods. I suggest you start with a new install of X3:AP and then add your mods, one at a time, to see when you start to get these kinds of errors.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”