[TC] Complete List of Ship Sources + Ship Collector's Helper Spreadsheet (spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nponoBegHuk
x4

Re: [TC] Complete List of Ship Sources + Ship Collector's Helper Spreadsheet (spoilers)

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 02:14

UnknownObject wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 19, 16:43
Captured a Kha'ak Cluster.
That is some fantastic effort! Congratulations!!!

Don't forget there are 4 different types of Kha'ak Cluster, gotta catch them all! https://www.elite-games.ru/x3tc/xtcships_khaak.shtml

I guess it's time for me to roll back to my 1.0.1 save, huh...
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

UnknownObject
x4

Re: [TC] Complete List of Ship Sources + Ship Collector's Helper Spreadsheet (spoilers)

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 12:44

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 19, 02:14
Don't forget there are 4 different types of Kha'ak Cluster, gotta catch them all! https://www.elite-games.ru/x3tc/xtcships_khaak.shtml
Found 3 types of Clusters and captured one per type. The 4th doesn't appear in this mission, as seen from SRST.pck and 2.02 Kha'ak Plot.pck.
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 13:53

UnknownObject wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 19, 12:44
The 4th doesn't appear in this mission, as seen from SRST.pck and 2.02 Kha'ak Plot.pck.
You're absolutely correct.

A couple of questions if you don't mind:
  • Can you personally fly these ships or they act like drones?
  • Can they mount any weapons? (game files say you can't, but you never know)
  • Can you Reverse Engineer and build more of them?
  • Can you provide a clean screenshot with all 3 different Clusters in the same picture? I just want to marvel at them for a while :P
Regarding the capture itself, I guess maximum combat rank helps. How do you make sure the cluster doesn't target you initially? I guess spawning them in A148 or Nathan's Voyage is best for these, so they can target a NPC ship instead of you. Can you provide more tips for a successful capture? Any chance of a video? :roll:
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 14:57

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 19, 13:53

A couple of questions if you don't mind:
  • Can you personally fly these ships or they act like drones?
  • Can they mount any weapons? (game files say you can't, but you never know)
  • Can you Reverse Engineer and build more of them?
  • Can you provide a clean screenshot with all 3 different Clusters in the same picture? I just want to marvel at them for a while :P
Regarding the capture itself, I guess maximum combat rank helps. How do you make sure the cluster doesn't target you initially? I guess spawning them in A148 or Nathan's Voyage is best for these, so they can target a NPC ship instead of you. Can you provide more tips for a successful capture? Any chance of a video? :roll:
  • I can personally fly them. According to TShips.pck, they have cockpits.
  • They support no weapons or missiles. They can't even fall apart if attacked.
  • I have no PHQ currently. I assume they are REable.
  • See it below:

If the cluster is moving at full speed (57 m/s) and not directly to my ship, it wouldn't fall apart if approached. If spawned in the Unknown Sector, they target the Teladi Condor and, as the sector if vast, Clusters soon fall behind other ships with turrets (except M2s, but if Destroyers spawn, I reload the savegame). Then I ram a cluster from behind 1-2 times (not more, it would fall apart) and fire my single charged PPC.
I'm afraid my PC isn't powerful enough to record a video. I've uploaded my X01.sav. Could you record the video on your own, please, if you have time?
Нам не нужна
Война!

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 19:53

UnknownObject wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 19, 14:57
Could you record the video on your own, please, if you have time?
Thanks for the information. I will try to make a recording once I'm back from work. Will also need to update the top post at some point...

Regards,
nponoBegHuk.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 07:24

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 19, 19:53
UnknownObject wrote:
Could you record the video on your own, please, if you have time?
Thanks for the information. I will try to make a recording once I'm back from work.
Thanks again for providing your savefile, I managed to record a Cluster capture with it. The video will appear after upload is finished here: https://youtu.be/0WHgYGqh-jM
Enjoy - if you can - the FPS is terrible. My old PC can't do any better, sorry. I will upload a video with #cafe capture sometime later this week if you still need it.
Please keep me informed of any new discoveries 8)
I'm off to sleep now. 😴

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 13:56

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Mon, 18. Mar 19, 07:24

Enjoy - if you can - the FPS is terrible. My old PC can't do any better, sorry. I will upload a video with #cafe capture sometime later this week if you still need it.
Thank you for the efforts!
It seems there is a problem in my savegame, not hardware. I hope after installing a patch FPS will return to normal.
Нам не нужна
Война!

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 14:41

UnknownObject wrote:
Mon, 18. Mar 19, 13:56
It seems there is a problem in my savegame, not hardware. I hope after installing a patch FPS will return to normal.
I ran your game in 1.3 - everything was much smoother.

EDIT: video link removed because of failed upload. I'll edit this post again once the upload is done. Stay tuned.

EDIT2: Enjoy: https://youtu.be/MALzdwEEtzg

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 03:48

UnknownObject wrote:
If the cluster is moving at full speed (57 m/s) and not directly to my ship, it wouldn't fall apart if approached. If spawned in the Unknown Sector, they target the Teladi Condor and, as the sector if vast, Clusters soon fall behind other ships with turrets (except M2s, but if Destroyers spawn, I reload the savegame). Then I ram a cluster from behind 1-2 times (not more, it would fall apart) and fire my single charged PPC.
I've spent a couple of days trying different approaches to this, I think at this point I'm confident enough to provide my own tips for this capture.

First of all, the process is done at the same point in the game as other capital Kha'ak captures. check here and here for the basics first.

Now, onto the actual tips.
  • Fight rank: I recommend no less than Crusader (worked well for me), but try to push higher if you can.
  • Cluster variants: There are 4 different types of cluster in the game, but only 3 can spawn during the mission. Please check the following image: https://i.imgur.com/rHmMfKD.png - you'll be able to get all ships except the one in the upper right - SS_SH_THINKER6. You will probably have little trouble distinguishing SS_SH_THINKER, but the other two are pretty similar from behind. While SS_SH_THINKER27 is a bit bigger, the best is actually look at them sideways (as I oriented them in model viewer) - SS_SH_THINKER27 is a 2-layer sandwich, while SS_SH_THINKER14 features a single ring of scouts.
  • Spawning clusters: at your fight rank you should get them most of the time, but sometimes you won't. If the mission is in Nathan's Voyage or Unknown Sector, save the game before jumping to that sector. The enemies spawn randomly when you finish jumping. If it's in Argon Sector M148 - reload the autosave and the mission should randomize again.
  • Prefered sectors: I feel Unknown Sector works the best here, because its size gives you a plenty of time to set up your operation. in Nathan's Voyage there's heavy traffic of other ships that can potentially cause your clusters to break before you reach them. Argon Sector M148 worked for me, when Kha'ak spawned far away from the center, but your mileage may vary. If possible, go with Unknown Sector.
  • Mechanics: These ships bail just like other kha'ak fighters. High fight rank and low hull % increases your chance to success. However, Clusters will break apart after the very first attack you make. Also, if they are targeting you, they will break right away upon getting close. Luckily, you can ram a Cluster that is busy targeting someone else to reduce its shields and then use a single high-damage attack to try to bring its hull% within the capturable range (below 2.5% would be best but it's difficult to adjust precisely in this situation). The bail check priority is higher than the cluster scatter mechanics, so if you're successful the Cluster won't break apart and turn blue immediately. Afterwards you can claim it like most other fighers in the game.
  • Creating distraction: we need to make sure that Clusters target someone else, so they don't scatter when you get close to them. If the mission is in Argon Sector M148 or Nathan's Voyage, chances are there are enough targets to go for. In Unknown Sector there's a Condor from the previous missions which should be a nice target. If there are no ships big enough to stand their ground for a while in the sector (Condor was long dead in my game), I recommend jumping one of your other ships (preferably with large shield pool) to the far gate from the Cluster spawnpoint. If the Clusters are targeting you, leave the sector (Clusters will switch to other targets in sector, possibly your "far" ship), and jump back again. You should have enough time to complete the capture before they reach your other ship. In my experience they don't switch their targets, unless their original target dies or leaves the sector.
  • Approaching clusters: The Clusters will spawn most of the time within close proximity of a Carrier or Destroyer. You can't just casually fly into Destroyer's laser range. We need the clusters to get separated from the other targets so we can take them on. If you get a Carrier, get detargeted if needed by jumping out and in again, and just get behind the group. Clusters are much slower than all the other Kha'ak ships except Destroyers, and will soon enough start lagging behind outside the Carrier's fire range.
    If you get a Destroyer, its speed is just a little bit slower than the Clusters, making the approach difficult. Your best option is to reload the game prior to the enemy spawn a couple of times to make sure you get a Carrier. If the group with a Destroyer spawns far away from other targets, instead of reloading you can wait in SETA for a while, and the Destroyer eventually will fall behind the Cluster group far enough so you can strike without getting fried. By the way, if you can choose, try to target the ships flying in the front of the pack, instead of the ones in the back. When you ram the Cluster, it will be kicked a couple of meters forward, and if another ship is ahead, your target will notice he's getting too close, and will try to do evasion maneuver and start moving in unpredictable direction. If there's nothing ahead, your target will just keep moving in straight line, allowing for a smooth second ram and easy realignment of your ship. EDIT: Clusters move at 57m/s speed, destroyers can move up to 62.4m/s. If a Destroyer with a speed over 48m/s spawns, chances are he will not fall behind the Cluster group in a reasonable time. Just reload until you get a Carrier or slower Destroyer.
  • Capture option 1 - PPC: You need a single Photon Pulse Cannon mounted in your ship for this method. The process is simple. Approach your target from behind. Ram it 2-3 times until it's total shields are around 30k or below. If you hit too hard or too many times, the cluster will break. You might need to try a couple of times (remember to save when closing on target). If you manage to bring the shields within the said range without destroying your target, save the game. Next thing, align your ship with the target perfectly, so it doesn't steer out of the crosshair for a couple of seconds. When the shields on the target recover to around 35k mark (48-54% for Clusters with 75k shields or 61-65% for 55k shield Clusters worked for me), charge your PPC fully and fire. If you're not sure on how to charge it, here's how: press and hold CTRL while paying attention to your ship's turret. Instead of firing right away, PPC will create a PPC ball at the gunpoint, which will gradually increase its size and finally auto-release when full charge is reached. At this point stop pressing CTRL, or you could potentially fire another unwanted shot. If Cluster explodes and no scouts appear, it means you attacked too early, you need to let Cluster recover his shields a second or two longer. If the Cluster splits, pay attention to the target health % in your UI. After PPC fire reaches your target, you will be able to see the remaining hull% for a split second before the split happens. If you see numbers around 1 to 4%, you're on the right track. Keep reloading until success. Alternatively, check this video for a quick reference.

Among the ships that can mount PPC, 3 are suitable for this application - Truelight Seeker, Xenon Q or Boron Thresher. Please check the image for comparison (this is not to scale) https://i.imgur.com/ubw21Rv.png A little tactics comparison, best to worst (personal opinion)
    • Goner Truelight Seeker: This ship features best speed of the three, along with a nice flat front, good for ramming. You don't get much shielding or laser generator, but no one should target you if you do this correctly, and one shot is enough. In this video I perform a capture of a Cluster from start to finish using TLS, please have a look.
    • Xenon Q: while I haven't tested this ship personally, I believe it should work. First of all, it is slower than TLS, you won't be able to reach your target as fast, and sometimes time is of the essence. Ramming with this ship looks to be a nightmare - the metallic protrusions in the front might make it difficult to perform a clean ram, and you might end up trapping and destroying the target, unless you aim to "pierce" it with the rod in the first place (seems the best way to me). Also, gun mounts are behind the cockpit, and I'm not sure whether you'll be able to see the charged PPC shot parting the gunpoint, to release CTRL button in time. If anyone is crazy enough to have a Q capture prior to doing this and wants to share results - I'd be glad to hear.
    • Boron Thresher: Arguably the worst choice, but still works. Slowest of the bunch. When it comes to ramming, you should aim to hit the Cluster with the tip of your ship, which will be barely visible at the very bottom of your GUI. If you ram the ship dead center of your screen, chances are it will just slide along the "aerodynamic" contour of your ship. Firing PPC is also harder than with other options. your guns are mounted far behind the cockpit, and you can't actually see when PPC ball is getting released from the gun so you can stop pressing CTRL. If you're gonna be using this ship, my recommendation is align your crosshair with the target really well, so he doesn't move out of the crosshair for the next 5 seconds or so, then go into external view (F2), move the camera above your ship so you can actually see the PPC being fired by pressing Numpad8, and only then proceed to charge your gun. Check the video for an example
    To sum it up, There are reasons for leaving Goner Plot unfinished before doing this, but I won't discuss them in this post. Generally, I would recommend using TLS for this. Use Thresher only as your last resort.
  • Capture option 2 - Missile: I don't really recommend this method unless you own an overtuned Hyperion Vanguard, or it is impossible for you to buy a Thresher and a single PPC, you can try this. Just as above, we want to ram our target to reduce the shields, but instead of firing charged PPC, we use a missile to deal a blow heavy enough for the bail to happen. The reason for choosing above method as prefered, is because there is a high random element to missile damage. While with PPC we can time our shot to land us confidently within 1-4% hull range, a missile will sometimes destroy your target, and sometimes leave it at 30% - you never know. If you feel the RNG challenge is right what you need, be prepared for around 60-90 minutes of reloads. Increasing combat rank even higher than suggested is strongly recommended here. Every % counts.

Missile choice, sorted from bigger ease of use and RNG to smaller.
    • Tempest Missile: maximum 60k damage. Clusters have 10k hull. Don't choose a cluster with less than 55k shields. Ram your target and fire the missile at around 47,5k shield mark (around 86% for a cluster with 55k shields). I was around 300m behind while doing this. If you change the distance, you might want to adjust your timing for the missile flight time. Sometimes you'll destroy your target. Sometimes it will shatter at 20% hull or something. Just keep trying (or use other missile/method above for your sanity). here's an example for you.
    • Windstalker Missile: 30k damage allows for narrower frame for final hull%, enabling you to avoid some of the RNG. You will need to ram your target harder (and choose ones with lesser shielding to begin with). This can't be bought, so you might need to go farm some Xenon if you want to try this. Also, this is dumbfire missile, which means you'll have to align your crosshair with the target prior to firing, but that's not a big issue in my opinion. The worst part is limited availability of this ware. In my opinion, it's not worth farming these. Use one of the other missiles.
    • Cyclone Missile: 23k damage. Good control is required to put your target's shield+hull below this mark without shattering it. But it can be done with some practice. For example, hitting from behind a 55k shields cluster moving at full speed with overtuned Hyperion Vanguard moving at 200m/s confidently puts the target in 5-7k shield range, making for a total 15-17k shield+hull. Good enough to squeeze a save in there. Choose less-shielded targets. If you want to try this, you might want to build Boron or Teladi Cyclone Missile Factory first, otherwise I don't think you'll be able to obtain many of these (if any) at this point in the game. If you're confident in your ramming skills, this will be the good option. Try using Dragon or Hyperion Vanguard for this.
    • Silkworm Missile: 19k damage. This and the next option is only for players with a decently overtuned Hyperion Vanguard. Maybe a Dragon at full speed will be able to meet the threshold here, but I'm not sure. Other option will be targeting only clusters with 35k or less total shielding, maybe then you won't need such a high ramming speed. Are you up to the challenge? Proof it can be done.
    • Wildfire Missile: 15k. This is definitely in the overtuned Hyperion Vanguard area. 205-210m/s is good enough to prep a 55k shield Cluster within one hit. If I ever needed to capture more Clusters, I would be using this. How about you? Proof it can be done. EDIT: Aaand, done. By the way, Hyperion Vanguard might not be necessary for this after all, provided you ram twice in a rapid succession with a Dragon, but I'll leave testing for you.
Anyway, enough typing for today, it's time for me to play some Terran Conflict.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 08:08

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Wed, 20. Mar 19, 03:48
SS_SH_THINKER6.
Tried to capture an ordinary Cluster that appeared in Heavens' Assertion. Distracted it, rammed it, attacked it. 100 attempts without success.

Now i'm seeking Xenon Unknown Object (Sargon's ship). It was said to appear in the UFJD sector (though no mentions of the object have been found in game files). The actual patch was 2.0 when these posts were written.

Could finding the ship be automatized?
(0. Saving the game into slot #1
1. Unfocussed jump.
2. Saving the game into slot #2
3. Activating Script Editor
4. A script checks if there is Sargon's ship, Plasma Beam Cannon, Tri-Beam Cannon or Fusion Beam Cannon.
5. If nothing of them has been found, reload save #1 and repeat actions).
Нам не нужна
Война!

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 12:10

UnknownObject wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 08:08
nponoBegHuk wrote:
Wed, 20. Mar 19, 03:48
SS_SH_THINKER6.
Tried to capture an ordinary Cluster that appeared in Heavens' Assertion. Distracted it, rammed it, attacked it. 100 attempts without success.

Now i'm seeking Xenon Unknown Object (Sargon's ship). It was said to appear in the UFJD sector (though no mentions of the object have been found in game files). The actual patch was 2.0 when these posts were written.

Could finding the ship be automatized?
(0. Saving the game into slot #1
1. Unfocussed jump.
2. Saving the game into slot #2
3. Activating Script Editor
4. A script checks if there is Sargon's ship, Plasma Beam Cannon, Tri-Beam Cannon or Fusion Beam Cannon.
5. If nothing of them has been found, reload save #1 and repeat actions).
Definitely. You could also use the same technique for searching for Aran if you're too lazy to look around (looking around is quicker). I used similar approach here when looking for Derelict Ships in AP. Can definitely be extended to look for hidden containers or whatever.

I can write a script for you, but it will take some time - MSCI is not my forte. You could also use something like this in a separate TC installation, that's what I do most of the time when I need to run some advanced scripting and don't want to risk my game getting *** modified ***.
  1. Keep a clean TC installation in its original folder
  2. Make a copy of that folder, and put any scripts you want in it. https://i.imgur.com/DLTEUxn.png
  3. Play in clean installation, when needed save your game, exit clean installation and enter modified copy
  4. Load your game there, run any mods you need, but don't save at the end.
  5. Close modified copy and open clean install again. The game won't be modified.
Stay tuned to this thread, I'll post my script soon.

EDIT: can you link any of the posts talking about Xenon Unknown Object and the beam weapons you mentioned? I'd like to read them too. It's OK if it's in russian.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 12:38

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 12:10
EDIT: can you link any of the posts talking about Xenon Unknown Object and the beam weapons you mentioned? I'd like to read them too. It's OK if it's in russian.
Thank you in advance! Maybe, it's possible to make an AutoHotKey script like this?
Three pilots told they captured an abandoned Xenon Unknown Object:
https://x3tc.net/x3_forum/?tid=39&p=62#m8282
https://x3tc.net/x3_forum/?tid=265&p=3#m34972

Beam weapons in UFJD sectors are just rumors:
https://x3tc.net/x3_forum/?tid=39&p=173#m29071

I won't be surprised if it turns out they were using mods. Game files don't prove these statements. But there is no trace of the Notus Hauler in MD files, and it exists.
Нам не нужна
Война!

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 13:33

UnknownObject wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 12:38
Thank you in advance! Maybe, it's possible to make an AutoHotKey script like this?
Ingame script done - uploading example here https://youtu.be/4fNemQU06PU

Will do a couple of test and make AHK script. This will take a little longer. Stay tuned.

EDIT: https://mega.nz/#!hEZxwCgQ!of2KpUAKqQw6 ... 62ADY8Mwdk the script itself, if you want to test it.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 01:40

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 13:33
UnknownObject wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 19, 12:38
Will do a couple of test and make AHK script. This will take a little longer. Stay tuned.
Done. Get the bot here https://mega.nz/#!wNAEkIZQ!sbmVbSYge3qh ... RL1tzXu0Ms

This is a crude remake from an unreleased version of my hyperion bot, don't expect it to work flawlessly... :oops:

Read the readme.txt inside for instructions. I forgot to mention, set your gamma back to 127 if you changed it. Also if the bot does some weird stuff - skips steps, doesn't save, opens wrong windows, etc, try to increase the delays on lines 20-23 of UFJD.ahk by about 1000-2000 ms each until everything works fine. Then you can reduce them back a little if you notice that script is waiting for too long on certain step. You can also select debug verbosity 2 to see most of the execution steps and errors in a console window that opens.

I ran it for a while. Saw a bunch of Arans, but never Unknown Object or anything else, but it's really not the time to finish Goner Plot anytime soon for me... I hope you can find something meanwhile. Good luck, share results.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 10:44

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 01:40
This is a crude remake from an unreleased version of my hyperion bot, don't expect it to work flawlessly... :oops:
Ran the thing overnight.
  • 10 Arans
  • 61 OCR errors due to bad script timings / suns messing up OCR
  • 541 Nothing found

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 20:38

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 10:44
nponoBegHuk wrote:
Ran the thing overnight.
  • 10 Arans
  • 541 Nothing found
I'll try it soon.
What is the game version which you used for testing?
Нам не нужна
Война!

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 20:48

I
UnknownObject wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 20:38
nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 10:44
nponoBegHuk wrote:
Ran the thing overnight.
  • 10 Arans
  • 541 Nothing found
I'll try it soon.
What is the game version which you used for testing?
I used 2.0, but this works with any version. I definitely recommend increasing the wait times now that I used it for a while.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 00:15

UnknownObject wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 20:38
I'll try it soon.
Please download the updated files

https://mega.nz/#!EdAVEAgL!0Pl-mGLERVny ... 0lfHhS9Nv0
https://mega.nz/#!IN5BAIgQ!AF6WCtlt8Q0D ... 7pyfDiG8es

Changes:
  • Goner Ranger will now be detected too.
  • OCR will fail much less frequently due to suns placecement
  • OCR result will be also written to output\results.log for searching or statistic purposes
Installation: Replace files with the same name (one in x3tc\scripts folder, one in bot\TC folder)

Note: remember to change timings again to match your pc performance during saving/activating script editor etc.

the bot "output" file has now 1089 records, with around 10 more Aran sightings and 1 Ranger. I loaded the ranger save but it vanished :gruebel: I'm not really sure what happened there.

EDIT: Ran the updated version overnight, it's clearly much more robust than previous version. I used 1.3 this time. Results are as follows:
  • 513 total reloads
  • 10 Arans (~1,95%)
  • 1 Ranger (~0,2%)
  • 11 OCR / timing errors (~2,19%)
  • 491 - nothing (~95,7%)
And upon inspecting results a problem was discovered - I loaded the save with Ranger and it wasn't there, the same problem as yesterday. And among the saves with Aran, some did have it but many other didn't. I'm not really sure what's happening there. It's not OCR error. I think it's because the bot saves the game immediately after entering UFJD, while the cues responsible for creating Aran/Ranger haven't had a chance to run yet. I will try introducing a 5-second delay after actually entering the sector, maybe this will improve our situation.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 00:17

Haven't been involved in this so probably only get half of it, but in regard to having logged there are ships but they are not there when you reload.
In UFJD sectors I often find myself seeing the enemy ships jump in after me, not at the same time. It may just be a fraction of a second, but since I can see their jump-signature and than see them materialize in front of me (and Q's at very large distances) I am pretty sure there is a delay.
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 01:45

Red-Spot wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 19, 00:17
Haven't been involved in this so probably only get half of it.
Several people on russian forums reported spotting Xenon Unknown Object in the UFJD sector. Even though it's extremely unlikely to be true, at least in vanilla game, we still decided to give it a try.
Red-Spot wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 19, 00:17
I am pretty sure there is a delay.
Yep, clearly an oversight on my part. But after ~2000 reloads and no Unknown Objects spotted doestn't seem like it's worth shortening my SSD lifespan pursuing this any further...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”