[1.60] Are the Xenon supposed to be a threat?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shehriazad
x4

Re: [1.60] Are the Xenon supposed to be a threat?

Post by Shehriazad » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 23:04

theborg921 wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 22:52
TEXT
Possible enemies: (Green something I'd like to see or would be more likely, yellow/orange so-so and red unlikely)

Sentient Xenon arrive and declare war on us after seeing how we treat their un-evolved Branch 9 bros.

Sohnen get angry with us because we still keep on beating them up. (I think this is beneath them, and in theory they could "end" us very fast). The "fake" Sohnen could be a nice opponent, though.

Kha'ak actually recover and launch a new full scale attack on us. (Not that likely, I think)

Aside from the DLC, a SECOND (or third) Split faction that is hostile to everyone no matter what gets connected somewhere else. This could be interesting to give non-dlc owners a taste of the Split? Turn them into extremists that will always self destruct/ram into capital ships if the fight is not going their way to not leave anything for them behind. They would only own 1-2 sectors that have nothing but "WAR"-stations and not much economy...basically adding this sub-faction as an endgame challenge to eradicate to claim their sectors. (Make them very resource rich)

Terrans return and are stinking mad at us.

Some Argon peed in a Boron fishtank and now they are looking for revenge (This will never happen, they love peace too much)

New Faction shows up that pisses off everyone by stealing something or blowing something up they shouldn't have. (This would be a lot of work for the devs as these would first have to be invented)

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 00:44

Where is Helge Kautz when is needed?

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 01:00

Kintanar wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 00:44
Where is Helge Kautz when is needed?
Isn't his last book like 10 years old? :o

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 09:51

Shehriazad wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 01:00
Isn't his last book like 10 years old? :o
Yeah, just about :shock:

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 15:18

Shehriazad wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 20:10
theborg921 wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 19:40
Shehriazad wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 17:11

Wait didn't the ancients/Sohnen turn off the jumpgates whenever we got close to delivering a decisive blow to a Xenon branch so we could never fully destroy them or stop their evolution?

Plus what's really weird is that EVERY NPC fighting them keeps taunting/joking about them...no one takes them serious it seems.

It is highly confusing.

They need to redo he cap ships and add some more dangerous M ships and maybe even an L ship...I wouldn't complain if they also added a way to capture and fly some of them (hint hint)
tbh I don't, but i would like to know the whole story obout the xenon and why the JG went offline :). And to be honest i think that the Terrans are the only race in the game that took Xenons as a seriouse treath...

So I will TRY to piece anything I still remember together.

1: Humans invent Terraformers to try and make planets far away hospitable

(They also build a jumpgate at some point during this near Earth...the first time a race that isn't Ancient does this)

2:Humans give a new generation of Terraformers the ability to work autonomously by using resources they find on planets to replicate,replace and upgrade themselves

3:Updates for the Terraformer software are being sent via drones.

4:Due to bad funding a bad update is being sent out to them. The Terraformers are now allowed to evolve themselves and change according to their needs.

5:Terraformers start attacking settlements that humans had previously won through this and other method

6:Terraformers get close to earth, already killing millions on their way there.

7: A big part of the Terran/Xenon army is being let away by Nathan R. Gunne through the Earth-gate and the Earth gate gets destroyed. (R. Gunne being one of the most important names of the X universe, even factions are based off of it)

8:Terrans/Xenon that stayed back at earth are defeated after heavy losses.

9:A lot of back and forth with many battles being won against the Xenon.

10: MANY years later the Xenon seem relatively close to extinction. The Sohnen appear and tell us to stop nuking the Xenon and change the gate connections.

11: The NEXT year the Xenon evolve to have an ACTUAL self-awerenes. They are now sentient/real beings.

12:The now aware Xenon no longer want war and stop attacking/invading.

Bonus1: Some idiots think its' a good idea to build new Terraformers near Mercury and cause another Terraformer uprising.

I am not sure that we know the exact circumstances why the Xenon are hostile atm. Maybe they are as name would suggest just a "BRANCH" of the main Xenon that either has not achieved self-awareness or they are an extremist splintergroup. It is also possible they just defend their sectors right now which is why they rarely stray far from their sectors...maybe there is a reason, but it is not known to me.

As to WHY the Sohnen are helping the Xenon. AFAIK the Sohnen are ROBOTS/MACHINES/ANDROIDS themselves. They are the first mechanical species to be accepted by the ancients and are thus kind of their "executioners" as physical involvement is probably beyond the ancients by now.. The Sohnen might see a bit of themselves in the Xenon and knew that they were about to evolve into self-aware/sentien beings and thus helped to give them the chance they might deserve.
Because ANY genocide caused BEFORE being self-aware is nothing you could IN THEORY blame the Xenon for. They did not know concepts of self, of good, of life and whatnot. They only had their directives and evolved alongside those.
The Sohnen are currently also the Only level 3+ (or level 4) civilization with a physical presence in our universe atm....so even if we wanted to question their motives, we have no leverage.

The Xenon seem to be acting strange, from what I've seen in X4 the Xenon seem to be collecting items that serve no purpose to their main objectives, Spacefly Eggs, water etc.
They are researching these things? And why?

I think they are trying to understand us, maybe even replicate humanoid form?

The Branches of Xenon is like their form of evolution when a particular species breaks off into 2 separate entities, and with that.. Will their Software change also to the point that we have different Xenon Factions that are alien to each other?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 15:28

Maybe the Xenon installed Windows 10 instead of just going with Vulkan...
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 16:11

[/quote]
I think they are trying to understand us, maybe even replicate humanoid form?
[/quote]

If they evolve in a BSG Cylon blondy!

then +1 :)

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 16:15

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 15:18
Questions
Spaceflies
Spaceflies are a very interesting species...I would research them as well.

They can live in the vacuum of space
They seem to be immune to the radiation in space
They supposedly communicate via telepathy
They are delicious.

Water

The source of all life
weird physical behaviour compared to other elements

Even as a machine, it would be interesting to me if I were to for example try to research the production of biomass in any form

Majaglit
Has an insane usage range and is made by living beings.

Used in for example:
Spacecrafts
Satellites
Jewelry

These are the "weird" items they collect...but all of them make sense. They can all serve to improve technology and research carbon based lifeforms.

Xenon Branch 9 Ships are also having relatively organic designs like horseshoe crabs/ammonites. This hints at them wanting to immitate life...or possibly even to BECOME life. Their "human origin" might have left a ghost in their programming...wanting them to become a perfect LIFE-form. And thus they now collect/research things connected to it. That's of course just a theory...a gaaaame theory.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 17:47

I fear more and feel bigger respect to pair (or god forbid the swarm) of Xenon M fighters that the Xenon I and fleet of Xenon K.
Their destroyers are helpless joke!

Fame
x4

Post by Fame » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 19:47

Have to agree on the swarm thingy. In TC they could be dangerous and in Elite ( the original one, on C64) ... they managed to kill me quite alot but on those days they aparence was pretty much random :)
Its a problem if you don´t have any problems.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 21:33

Looking at this video it really make me think that Xenons (and all X4 capships in general) lack true main weapon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxgcynBTHDc

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 00:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 21:33
Looking at this video it really make me think that Xenons (and all X4 capships in general) lack true main weapon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxgcynBTHDc
I faced off a K in my Eclipse Fighter and their Turret shots just bounced off my shields with ease.
They are easily disabled.. Allot of HP but my Fighters weapons did more damage than their turrets. Something is seriously wrong with them when they do less damage than a Fighter.
Shehriazad wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 16:15

That Sector that's in Xenon Control where there is like 8-10 Aqueducts, they are obsessed with them. Maybe another glitch in their program where they are building Aqueducts but don't know why they are building them?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 00:37

spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 00:00
That Sector that's in Xenon Control where there is like 8-10 Aqueducts, they are obsessed with them. Maybe another glitch in their program where they are building Aqueducts but don't know why they are building them?
...Meanwhile at Egosoft:

Dev: hey Bernd, where should we put all these leftover Aqueduct props?
Bernd: Dunno lol, just put them somewhere to fill the space and confuse the players.

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 14:48

From 2.0 Beta patch notes :
• Improved Xenon threat.
Thanks guys. Looking forward to it!

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 14:56

HBK wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 14:48
• Improved Xenon threat.
I hope they put that Cylon blondy in charge of the Xenons :lol:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 15:04

HBK wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 14:48
• Improved Xenon threat.
and can say that it is, going to scale plate green is not a walk in the park like before, almost didn't make it out with my nemesis
and there were just a couple of Ms and Ps on me, just at the gate, further down the sector would need serious power
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 16:33

Buzz2005 wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 15:04
and can say that it is, going to scale plate green is not a walk in the park like before, almost didn't make it out with my nemesis
and there were just a couple of Ms and Ps on me, just at the gate, further down the sector would need serious power
They'll need that firepower in my game as one of their sectors has been almost entirely flattened by a Teladi fleet.

Return to “X4: Foundations”