[MOD] (Offline) Ventures

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wonsz
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] Ventures - Beta v0.2.3

Post by Wonsz » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 12:15

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 12:10
Ya, try that please, maybe i missed something when checking for the venture dock on regular stations.
Thx. I'll try that.
iforgotmysocks wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 22:08
1. Build the Player HQ or the venture dock, assign a manager but don't dock ships you want to send on ventures, space is fine.
I don't need venture modules in HQ, only manager, right?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 12:16

Yes, just a manager. :)

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 00:50

I've upgraded to 1.60b3. I hired a manager in HQ. I tried to use comm - nothing, no comm option. Without any hope I went to see the guy in person in his office - success! :) I can't send ventures via comm, but when I talk to HQ manager face to face, everything seems to be working. So as far as I'm concerned - problem solved. Since noone else is reporting any problems, I blame some other mod or recent Egosoft beta upgrades ;) Thx for your time :)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 10:17

Wonsz wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 00:50
I've upgraded to 1.60b3. I hired a manager in HQ. I tried to use comm - nothing, no comm option. Without any hope I went to see the guy in person in his office - success! :) I can't send ventures via comm, but when I talk to HQ manager face to face, everything seems to be working. So as far as I'm concerned - problem solved. Since noone else is reporting any problems, I blame some other mod or recent Egosoft beta upgrades ;) Thx for your time :)
Hmm, i have yet to test it with the beta 3 update from yesturday, but it's generally really odd that the option won't show up via comm. I will look into it. Most likely thing is a modconflict, i'm just having trouble to come up with an actuall change by a mod that would cause the dialog system to behave that weird.

I'll let you know if i can find something.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 10:38

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 10:17
it's generally really odd that the option won't show up via comm.
I want to make sure that we're clear - I don't know if option will show up when talking to manager via comm. I know that I can't talk to them via comm, because I dont see "comm" option anywhere. I can talk to ship captains, but no station managers.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 12:37

Ah okay, u can find then in the info tab. I'll post you a screenshot when i'm home. U can simply rightclick them and select 'comm'.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 16:50

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 12:37
Ah okay, u can find then in the info tab. I'll post you a screenshot when i'm home. U can simply rightclick them and select 'comm'.
No need, already found it. Everything seems to be allright, in both HQ and dedicated venture station. I'm running same set of mods all the time, the only thing that changed was 1.6b2 into 1.6b3. So it looks like Egosoft's fault ;)
Thx again :)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 09:43

Alright, thanks for letting me know. :)

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 03:52

Could you share a little more info on the base requirements for the ships and the mission classes?
I rarely get more than 60% chance and most of the times my ships just get destroyed. Think I'm doing something fundamentally wrong and some pointers would be great!

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 22:17

That sounds about right for everything other than first one, the same was for me. It seems that the way he configured it is that as higher the reward tier is as lower chance of the venture to complete. So this mod is a sort of a money sink...
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 01:06

Ya, then u may be getting some things wrong. ^^ It's important to check the required shipclasses for a mission. Every mission supports a suggested amount of ships. If ships are of the primary class, so m or l for example, and also have the right purpose, like fight or mine, then they add 5% each to the success chance. The secondary class only gives 2%, but doesn't have to meet the purpose requirement and is usually alot cheaper.

Every ship added to the venture fleet that doesn't fit the primary (with the purpose) class or secondary class reduces the success chance by 10%.

The Flagship of the fleet (the ship you assign the fleet's ships to) can also increase the chance by another 10% solely by the crews skill.

It should be fairly easy to get a solid percentage of 70-80% for more difficult missions with the right ships. :)

Edit: In case you missed it, you can log the info for all missions into ur logbook in the mission section. That info describes what ship classes and types to use.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [MOD] (Offline) Ventures

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 18. Dec 19, 03:07

Update 0.3 is out! Have fun. :)

- Added Experience gain for the crew of your venture ships (Depending on difficulty from about 1 star up to about 3 stars (half for secondary skills) per venture they survive)
- The venture menu is now accessable via any station manager beloging to the player (Venture Dock or HQ no longer required)
- Increased gain of mod components needed to build modifications (those were a bit rare before)
- Adjusted the equipment of found ships to fit the reward level of the mission (previsouly almost every combat ship was maxed and filled up with torpedos)
- Using ships beloging to a wrong ship class or type now reduces the success chance of the venture by 20%
- Selling ships while they are on a venture now leads to the venture being canceled
- Duplicate looted items appear orderly stacked now
- The mission base difficulty can now be adjusted by the player in the ventureconfiguration.xml file in the md folder
- Venture flagships are now being given the 'wait' command to avoid them trying to get back to their previous location... which they can't
- Cleanup of debug code

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [MOD] (Offline) Ventures

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 2. Jan 20, 08:53

V 0.3.1 now supports the optional Extended Conversation Menu, which allows all mods using it to join their starting conversations in a browsable section, so technically infinite mods can be added by only taking up 1 conversation slot for any npc. Not required. (Feel free to add support for your own mods)

No need to update if u're not using ECM. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”