[SCRIPT] [2012.01.21] Automated Satellite Network v2.00

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Wed, 12. Apr 17, 08:52

Actually, please hold off for a bit.

I have identified a pretty glaring issue with how I "fixed" single deployment logic (it would move to place gate satillites, but not actually place them).

Plus a couple of useful new features.

But to answer your original question, yes, the zip is just a total drop in replacement, install it instead of the original (or alternatively, just extract on top of it).

You will need to reissue the command for the latest changes to take effect (something that shouldn't be needed starting in the next version)

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Fri, 14. Apr 17, 06:18

Ok, here is an "unofficial" 2.02

Just unpack into your game directory. If you have an older version, just unpack right on top of it.

You will need to reissue the command to pick up changes.
Be warned, there is a new configuration option, so double check your deployment options (for me, it reset to deploying satellites in all races' sectors; I couldn't quite figure out why this happens...)

Changes from 2.01:
  • For updates AFTER this one, you should no longer need to reissue the command to pick up latest changes (you WILL have to do it when upgrading from a version before this one, just not in any future versions)
    Fix for single deploy behavior where it would fly to position to place gate satellites and then not actually place the satellite
    Fixed a few places where searching for existing satellites was still using the 1km search range
    The ship does more checks before flying to position to place a satellite, which should hopefully reduce how often the ship flies to position and then does NOT place a satellite and just flies back to a station
    Seeking shelter in the process of deploying now occurs asynchronously; it will scan for a new sector and/or path to deploy to while finding shelter, and will break off seeking shelter if it finds another place to go (it will not break off if it is seeking shelter because it was attacked)
    The "seek shelter when searching sectors starts taking a long time" behavior is now customizable with a new option in the config (Off, On, and Small ships only; defaults to on) Keep in mind this behavior no longer slows down the sector search, so the cost to keep it on is much lower now
    Using the "stop" command in the config menu now more "thoroughly" uninstalls any "magic" (in particular, resets the ship attacked handler back to the global default)

AutomatedSatelliteNetwork-V2.02_TechSY730_Hack.zip:
    <Link removed; this version is broken. See below for V2.04>

An SPK (plugin manager) version can be made upon request.
Last edited by TechSY730 on Mon, 8. May 17, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 02:06

Version 2.03:

Not many changes this time:
  • Made the emergency jump logic emergency jump if either Emergency jump OR Auto Jump is enabled, since the Emergency Jump doesn't always appear for all ship types (unless I am hideously mistaken about this point)
    Made retreating to a station happen a bit earlier when searching for the next sector
AutomatedSatelliteNetwork-V2.03_TechSY730_Hack.zip:
<Link removed; this version is broken. See below for V2.04>
Last edited by TechSY730 on Mon, 8. May 17, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Mon, 8. May 17, 05:44

Version V2.04
* Fixes a critical error with the script's self-restarting logic
TO NOT BREAK SHIPS CURRENTLY RUNNING THIS SCRIPT, you must reissue the deploy satellites command to all ships running this script. IF YOU DO NOT, YOUR SHIPS WILL STOP DEAD (until a new order is issued).
* Fix where the asynchronous shelter seeking logic may be cause the ship to delay other commands.

I made a critical error when I implemented the script's self-restarting logic. I tried to start a new task in a script running in that same task, without realizing that doing this deadlocks that task...

This has been fixed and a safe way to self-restart scripts has been implemented.

AutomatedSatelliteNetwork-V2.04_TechSY730_Hack.zip
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80_E ... 3hPYmZjUGc

I have removed the links to the broken versions.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Fri, 19. May 17, 02:04

Version 2.05:
* Dramatically increased the speed of sector searching
- The way this was done was by caching sectors that were considered but rejected in lower search radiuses when expanding the search radius, thus saving the expensive searching for existing satellites check for sectors that recently had undergone the check.
- For the programmer types among you, this is still an O(n^2) algorithm, as searching for sectors within a certain radius still "starts from scratch" for each jump search range as well as the cache being a "dumb array" requiring linear searching to find a sector in the cache. However, this avoids an inner loop that has very high constant factors with a much faster array linear search, thus resulting in great speedup. I have plans on how to make the sector search average case O(n) (by caching sectors on the "border" of the previous search range's search), but I didn't want to block this speedup on that work.
* Added a special case for the hub sector; will place only a single satellite right in the smack dab center of the sector, and will not place any gate satellites (the sector is so tiny that this one satellite still covers the whole sector)

AutomatedSatelliteNetwork-V2.05_TechSY730_Hack.zip:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80_E ... VQ2MHFyZ1U

(Mods, please let me know if quintuple posting like this is a problem)

NeiroAtOpelCC
x4

Post by NeiroAtOpelCC » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 00:21

I've spent the last hour trying to make this thing work.
I've tried putting the files in the x3tc and the addon subfolders, tried restarting the game and what not. Tried downloading the 2.05 version again just in case.
No matter what I do, I can't see the option in the special commands menu.
I've tried on a wing of 62 kestrels, on a single kestrel and on a buster.
They have both the special commands and the explorer software installed, but nothing shows up.

What's the likelyhood that the latest update from December broke something?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 19:55

I just tested the v2.05 version in the latest X3AP version (3.3), and the command shows up in the Special Commands section of a Kestrel and a Buster just fine. (The Explorer Command Software is the only extension which is needed.)

Check that you installed the script to the proper directory (main X3TC directory for X3TC, addon folder for X3AP) and to the proper game installation, if you have more than one. Also make sure that your game is set to *modified*. The script won't load otherwise.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

NeiroAtOpelCC
x4

Post by NeiroAtOpelCC » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 23:55

X2-Illuminatus wrote:IAlso make sure that your game is set to *modified*. The script won't load otherwise.
I haven't seen any place where this is mentioned, nor do I know how to do it. But an old version of a plugin manager enabled modified mode and it works now.
Somehow it's not working properly though.
So far after many hours of gameplay (including significant use of seta) it has still only placed one satellite in the top right corner of each sector. dunno if it does 8 passes or if it was meant to do 8 in each sector one sector at a time.
I've ordered 62 kestrels to deploy, and have not yet run out of money.

Anyway, thank you for the reply.

alphalvr
x3ap

Re: [SCRIPT] [2012.01.21] Automated Satellite Network v2.00

Post by alphalvr » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 01:24

Thanks for this.

You probably have set 'prioritise 1,' which prioritises having 1 sat in each sector before populating them fully.....i think.... strangely enough :D

Mind you I only started using this 10 mins ago so i am no expert.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 16:42

Actually you are correct, I had prioritise 1 sat set and 8 point config, but once every system has a sat they stop work telling me every system has a sat and will keep checking if they need replacing.

I am using LXRM which also has other sat scripts so may be an issue, or I just do not understand it properly. I am going to turn off prioritise 1, maybe that setting is supposed to override the other totally.

dwright_origins

Post by dwright_origins » Mon, 9. Sep 19, 23:40

I'm having issues as well. None of the menu options are showing up. I tried installing with the plugin manager, could that be the issue. Also there is a 2.05 version, do I have to use the google docs link?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”