Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Carbon_smith
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by Carbon_smith » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 12:34

In my experience the Odysseus can be boarded w/o damage with marines provided the boarding dialog is set to very hard in both phases. Takes 5 to 10 minutes but w/o feedback what is going on

Wrench69
x4

Post by Wrench69 » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 03:20

Here is the trick to finding derelict ships. Argone and Taladi guilds have Extraction quests. Just go into a sector for that faction then usually near the jump gate and some times in a resource field and Taledi case next to the trade station they will just sit there. All you need to do is go to the map and right click on static ships and if its says claim you can just go grab it. I made like 100 mil of capping ships that were spawned for the quest lines. They are really broken imho.

Violette
x4

Post by Violette » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 23:43

I confirm about lowering the shields of the cruiser, throwing an EMP bomb in suit and repairing one of the radio leaks make the cruiser yours, but beside the Odyseus and the Gorgon, i actually never find any abandonned ships, and i think i'm in all guilds...
Chi si accontenta gode.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 11:50

Violette wrote:
Wed, 2. Jan 19, 23:43
I confirm about lowering the shields of the cruiser, throwing an EMP bomb in suit and repairing one of the radio leaks make the cruiser yours, but beside the Odyseus and the Gorgon, i actually never find any abandonned ships, and i think i'm in all guilds...
There IS a third fixed ship, the Perseus in Silent Witness. All others are variable.

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 22:30

real pity is that these are just the same regular ships you find and can buy everywhere.

They could at least have made it a 'variant' that's not on sale... maybe its an older ship after all, with slightly different (not necessarily better) stats....

Violette
x4

Post by Violette » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 23:10

Well the "unic" variants ships you can find are from the Ventures ships that get into your world =o
But i also want to find real unic ships like the Aran or the Trinity !
Chi si accontenta gode.

babe_oz
x3

Post by babe_oz » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 02:19

I tried a couple of times to get the Destroyer, and found the easiest way was to 'Board' the ship with a single marine and with all breach conditions set to their highest. I didn't bother dropping the shields or anything at all with the ship, simply located and boarded - took 5 mins+.

When i did this, I scored the entire ship including all shields and weapons. When I tried to 'Claim' the ship, I lost all weapons and shields.

Luckily, I went in with a very small / fast ship - had zero problems with the xenon. Literally went and grabbed a drink while I was waiting for the boarding to be complete with only only one small raider hassling me. Once I had the ship, I docked my fighter and flew the Battleship out..

Out of 4 attempts, this way seems to net the best outcome - and having all weapons / shields intact meant escaping the sector (driving through the mine fields on travel drive) was reasonably easy as the shields absorbed the mines I couldn't avoid :)

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 08:28

A different problem.
One of my miners found a derelict Drill Vanguard into "The Void" within the hazardous area. If i go there myself and try to claim it my ship will be destroyed but even before that the Drill gets destroyed in seconds.
Tried to send a ship with marines but it can't be claimed remotely.
If i teleport myself there both ships die

Loneshade
x4

Post by Loneshade » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:15

Found an Ides Sentinel, just 10Km Southeast of the Antigone Memorial Equipment Dock.
Sitting there deserted, in the middle of a few mines.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 09:28

Loneshade wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:15
Found an Ides Sentinel, just 10Km Southeast of the Antigone Memorial Equipment Dock.
Sitting there deserted, in the middle of a few mines.
This kind of abandoned ships happens by random. Often encountered after a new rank is awarded.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 10:13

darrund wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 08:28
A different problem.
One of my miners found a derelict Drill Vanguard into "The Void" within the hazardous area. If i go there myself and try to claim it my ship will be destroyed but even before that the Drill gets destroyed in seconds.
I've found that one too a few weeks ago. With the 'Alka-Seltzer' ship, I cheated and edited the save to move the ship out of the hazardous area. I couldn't see any other way of getting the ship without cheating.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 11:14

Praefectus classis wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 10:13
darrund wrote:
A different problem.
I've found that one too a few weeks ago. With the 'Alka-Seltzer' ship, I cheated and edited the save to move the ship out of the hazardous area. I couldn't see any other way of getting the ship without cheating.
I do not intend to cheat so early in the game. I will try to exhaust all my vanilla options before modding or cheating. There has to be a solution (which I can not find yet) unless its just another bug like so many others still exisiting :cry: .
One can only hope for the best.

Violette
x4

Post by Violette » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 13:01

From what i understand if you claim the ship it take the radiations damages ?
So, just don't claim it yet and push it outside with a bigger ship =o
Just get out of the area time to time to regen your shields/ hull
That may take some time but it should work.
Chi si accontenta gode.

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 13:42

Violette wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 13:01
From what i understand if you claim the ship it take the radiations damages ?
So, just don't claim it yet and push it outside with a bigger ship =o
Just get out of the area time to time to regen your shields/ hull
That may take some time but it should work.
No it will not work. If you are present,even if your ship survives, which I doubt, the Drill will die from radiation even before you even approach it. If you send out marines they will die almost immediately upon launch. The only solution would have been if the ship that found it in the first place had marines in it and could board it remotely but it was just a miner with no marines so it couldn't do anything at that time, besides it was still too early in the game and didn't know much at the time.
trying to get close it, the moment it appears in your radar when you are IS it starts deteriorating and dies within seconds. if you are OOS nothing happens.
There must be a solution to this however I just can't find it at the moment.
Or may be there isn't one and just leave there as a ghost ship :lol:
If there is a way around that however I will let you all know if I find it. Since its only a Drill Vanguard its not such a big deal anyway.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 09:46

darrund wrote:
A different problem.
Very good find - it is one of the static located ships.
I have updated main post with all statically deployed derelict ships, and that one I didn't found initially.
I tried to board it but ship was destroyed quickly.

I noticed when I send remotely other ship to that location, it doesn't get destroyed.
I presume it could work to send other ship (with good hull/shields) very close to the Drill VG, teleport to it, eject to EVA, claim fast by scanning and exiting asap the dangerous area..

Easiest solution (with losing shields and weapons on Drill), is to order the ship with marines to remotely capture it.. Works like a charm!

steganox
x4

Post by steganox » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 16:20

foxxbl wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 09:46
darrund wrote:
A different problem.
I have updated main post with all statically deployed derelict ships, and that one I didn't found initially.

I noticed when I send remotely other ship to that location, it doesn't get destroyed.
I presume it could work to send other ship (with good hull/shields) very close to the Drill VG, teleport to it, eject to EVA, claim fast by scanning and exiting asap the dangerous area..

Easiest solution (with losing shields and weapons on Drill), is to order the ship with marines to remotely capture it.. Works like a charm!
i send a marine from 50 km , stay out of dangerous zone , and go away , after some minute the ship are mine

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 20:55

Loneshade wrote:
Thu, 3. Jan 19, 22:30
real pity is that these are just the same regular ships you find and can buy everywhere.

They could at least have made it a 'variant' that's not on sale... maybe its an older ship after all, with slightly different (not necessarily better) stats....
I think they're sourt of like a quest for new comers, giving an idea of the ships available and get started style mission rewards
darrund wrote:
A different problem.
Only ship haven't been able to Claim, tried various ways and to end result, BOOM.

Be interesting to see the puzzle's solution if anyone manages to obtain it.
steganox wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 16:20
foxxbl wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 09:46
darrund wrote:
A different problem.

i send a marine from 50 km , stay out of dangerous zone , and go away , after some minute the ship are mine
Interesting, have to try that on next startover

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 11:44

The drill vanguard can be claimed as follows in a new game. I got it by accident lol

- set global orders to claim ships
- make sure your ships have a marine on board
- when your trader etc finds it they will claim it. As long as you are OOS the hazards will not be a problem

theincrediblenick
x4

Post by theincrediblenick » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 04:51

caltrop wrote:
Sat, 12. Jan 19, 11:44
The drill vanguard can be claimed as follows in a new game. I got it by accident lol

- set global orders to claim ships
- make sure your ships have a marine on board
- when your trader etc finds it they will claim it. As long as you are OOS the hazards will not be a problem
I tried doing this and accidentally did it another way!

- Sent a ship with a marine on board and orders set to claim ships while I waited out of sector
- Ship found it and sent message but didn't claim, and message arrived while I was getting attacked by a Xenon M so couldn't reply
- After dealing with the M tried to tell the ship in sector to claim the Drill but found I couldn't
- I right-click on Drill and select 'Claim', only to see a marine dispatched in a boarding pod from my ship (across the other side of the galaxy from The Void)
- Checking back a while later I find my marine has successfully claimed the vessel and I move it out of the danger area without visiting the sector in person

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 14:23

Am I the only one feeling that something is missing here as well?
All the ships that we "find",unlike X3 for instance, are nothing more than comon variants and to add to that in some cases you just need to spend quite some time to get them (clearing mines around them or look for them forever travelling through empty space for half an hour or so).In some cases its better to go and buy them since its no big deal (for instance i never went for that courier since there is nothing in spending so much time for it).
I understand that x-games in general are all about micromanaging things and spend time in them but it has to have some purpose or significance otherwise its just a waste of time and and can get really boring.
pretty much the same with other aspects of the game like having to individually talk to say 100+ marines to move from 1 ship to another and spend hours doing nothing other than clicking stupid orders and hear the same "dialogue" over and over again.
I even stopped looking for derelict ships anymore since I can easily buy everything I need from shipyards and the amount of credits a player can earn on factories is simply capable of buying whatever you need.
I honestly believe that at least some of these ships should be "special" or "unique" but not necessarily superior for it to have a purpose or a meaning.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”