To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Viper2000
x2

Post by Viper2000 » Fri, 23. Apr 04, 20:57

great advice! I've got a maxed out mako now and it makes dealing with pirates so much easier. I set my mercury up to autotrade (trade extension mk3 is cool if you're lazy like me :lol: ) and so I leave that in a nice safe sector whilst I kill pirates in boron space. I found a pirate base that provides a regular supply :D and now the credits are mounting up. I'm currently saving up to fit out a captured bayomon, cos 4 guns seems like a good idea. Then I'll start an SPP empire and soon I will RULE THE GALAXY WITH AN IRON FIST :twisted:

Well I will once I can afford some M1s, M2s, M6s and BIG GUNS :lol:

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Fri, 23. Apr 04, 22:15

And finaly bought SPP. Set it in the Ore Belt
Spoiler
Show
Why did you set it there?? (Sorry you could'nt have known.)
After mission three, Khaak start appearing everywhere in that sector, making life difficult.
But don't start again. pronlems are for solving not avoiding.

Adlain
x4

Post by Adlain » Fri, 30. Apr 04, 01:46

admjones wrote:I've been looking for a game like this since Privateer II - The Darkening :)
Ahh, Priv 2, now that was a Brilliant game........ shame it just wont run under anything after win 98 :(

Great Tips Nanook, it has help me get started, i was dying a slow death trading in that bloody merc (mine had 88 top speed)

now already made 500k within an hour after getting that manta so im happy :D

Azriphale
x3tc

Post by Azriphale » Mon, 3. May 04, 14:30

Try setting up a wheat farm in The Wall. You can set the sell price to maximum (46Cr) and the local stations still buy from you. All you need to do is supply the e.cells from the five SPPs in the sector. You can always get them for 9Cr. :)

I make the costs 135Cr per cycle (15 e.cells) and gross profit 460Cr (10 Wheat). The really nice thing is you can use you discovery to supply your station.

Just don't try leaving SETA running until you have some defence. Flaming Khaak!!! :evil:

BobTheDog
x3

Post by BobTheDog » Mon, 10. May 04, 23:39

I've been looking for a thread like this for so long... GREAT info :D

This gets a Favorites..

Leman
x3

Post by Leman » Wed, 12. May 04, 00:46

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this before now, but:
Spoiler
Show
In the mission where you have to transport the Boron scientists, when you come under attack from the pirates, you can stop the pirate attack by opening your cargo bay doors. This drops your shields and triggers the friendly ship to come to your aid. Great if you're an experienced player and you're starting a new game.

I found this out by accident by pressing the wrong button. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 12. May 04, 02:05

Leman wrote:Don't know if anyone's mentioned this before now, but:
Spoiler
Show
In the mission where you have to transport the Boron scientists, when you come under attack from the pirates, you can stop the pirate attack by opening your cargo bay doors. This drops your shields and triggers the friendly ship to come to your aid. Great if you're an experienced player and you're starting a new game.

I found this out by accident by pressing the wrong button. :)
Actually, I think most experienced players set up their TP with an APSG to try and capture some of the super pirate ships during this mission. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kinein
x2

gahhh

Post by kinein » Thu, 13. May 04, 18:36

i never thought about selling the stouff off the express.. cry.. I'm a utter noob. Haven't played a real spacer since freelancer and even then that was my first real play at space sim...

more help more help noob here!

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Tue, 18. May 04, 13:08

mwahaha, I repaired the beat up old mercury, and had ejected all the crap from the Express, near the docking entrance, and picked most of it up with the mercury, damn bloody vultures, nicked all my ocmmand software! luckily all the important stuff waz there, so I now get it to do trading from Solar Power Plant Alpha in Argon Prime to Ore Mine Alpha in Ringo Moon, man that place is really short on energy cells.. Hey that trading in Boron Space sounds good, mebbe Ill send it there along with my Bayamon
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

AngryAnt
x3

Post by AngryAnt » Thu, 20. May 04, 04:17

Azriphale wrote:Just don't try leaving SETA running until you have some defence. Flaming Khaak!!! :evil:
I know how u feel..... Im new[ish] to the game, and i was told by a mate to leave seta on over night and my SPP would gain money like theres no tomorrow.... I recived the video link, and then another message, next thing i knew i had about 20 Khaak on my SPP and no defensives... All i had was a Boron Octopus and the Disco that had weapons. Good job i saved it before the attack...
AngryAnt

pleeson

Post by pleeson » Thu, 20. May 04, 09:45

Thanks for the starup advice its going to give me a good boost to the game . i have a question for you , i have just got going in the game and started to trade , when i dock at a station i am unabe to buy some good , i have enough money but i am unable to buy, do i need to buy something .Thanks

gillrichard
x3tc

Post by gillrichard » Thu, 20. May 04, 10:15

Check your cargo space and capabilities, if for example you are in a Disco then most things will be red as they are too big for your hold. The Manta for example can carry up to 1000 units of XL cargo.
The thing is...there is no thing.

Elisale
x2

Post by Elisale » Fri, 21. May 04, 12:16

Fantastic tips! I was starting to get a bit fed up starting from scratch but this has really kickstarted the game!

Thank you!

Draugdin
x2

Post by Draugdin » Mon, 24. May 04, 09:13

Total noob here having way to much trouble with the learning curve on this game.

I'm ready to complete mission 2 and I want to strip the Express and sell it's hardware. How is this done? Does the 1.3 patch make this impossible? I have a felling like everything else so far I'm just missing something.

I tried ejecting the gear but it disappears, and I can't just sell it... It has to be something obvious.

This game seems to have huge potetial if I ever figure it out! lol

Thanks for any response, and great tips btw!

Draugdin :?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 24. May 04, 09:14

This has not changed with the 1.3 update.

Just fly to an Equipment dock, and sell them there off the ship - no need to eject them into space.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Draugdin
x2

Post by Draugdin » Mon, 24. May 04, 09:36

Wow! Thanks for the fast response!

Yep I knew it it was just something dumb! :lol:

Draugdin

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 24. May 04, 12:19

Draugdin wrote:Wow! Thanks for the fast response!

Yep I knew it it was just something dumb! :lol:

Draugdin
You can only sell the gear above the dividing line in the equipment menu. Things such as shields, missiles and weapons. The other equipments, such as the various softwares, extensions, etc., cannot be sold but you can transfer them to one of your ships. Hope that helps. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

baylor
x2

Post by baylor » Tue, 25. May 04, 09:51

xllent tip , thanx for that , i've been playin the game for a couple of weeks now just flyin around in circles gettin shot at ,this tip will give me a decent start. :)

darkkhorse
x2

Post by darkkhorse » Wed, 26. May 04, 12:48

Help us all - here's another noob with a dumbass question

Have finished the second mission, when trading from my in my mercury I can get my disco to trade with stations BUT when in my disco all i get from the Mercury is something along the lines of 'cant trade with station, trade extention not installed'. Have tried with differing versions of trade upgrade thingies but no joy.

I've obviously missed something somewhere pleez help :?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 26. May 04, 14:49

Install a Trading System Extension (available from most good equipment docks) in your Disco. You can then not only use the Mercury for remote trading, you can also check out station prices without having to dock!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”