[MOD] Mobile Ship Production

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aftokinito
x4

[MOD] Mobile Ship Production

Post by aftokinito » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:20

Mobile Ship Production

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _04_PM.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _00_PM.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _32_PM.png
https://puu.sh/Co6Sl/ea15ed8603.png
https://puu.sh/Co6Sv/c30fd24a33.png

Description

Enables the hidden resupplier ships and restores their intended functionality as mobile equipment docks.
Players can now buy or build their own resupplier ships at any Argon, Teladi, Paranid or Player (provided they have the appropriate blueprint) shipyard.
These resupplier ships work as mobile equipment docks and/or wharfs and players can use them to equip their ships or produce new ones as it they were stations, with the benefit of them being fully functional ships.
Vanguard variants of the resupplier ships work as equipment docks (they can modify and repair ships but produce new ones), while Sentinel variants work as fully functional wharfs capable of building new ships.
Please, do note that, for now, players will be required to supply the required building wares to the ship manually, either by trading with resupplier itself or by using M size freighters.

Dependencies: Source:
https://bitbucket.org/aftokinito/x4-mob ... production

Latest version download:
https://bitbucket.org/aftokinito/x4-mob ... uction.zip

Changelog
---v1.00---
  • Initial public release
  • Mod renamed to Mobile Ship Production
Last edited by aftokinito on Fri, 28. Dec 18, 05:42, edited 5 times in total.

Mysterius
x4

Re: [MOD] LazySoft Ship Tag Fixer

Post by Mysterius » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:37

God, the Paranid resupplier is what Paranid military ships should have been instead of big hairdryers.
Congrats for finding this though !

bl3ek
x4

Post by bl3ek » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 19:17

Ooooh, I wonder if there are any more hidden away?

I also wonder if these were left out because they bugged or broke something else.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:57

bl3ek wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 19:17

I also wonder if these were left out because they bugged or broke something else.
These are the only hidden ships if you don't count #deca, which doesn't even have a ware.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:37

carmaster wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:57
bl3ek wrote:

These are the only hidden ships if you don't count #deca, which doesn't even have a ware.
Wait... what? #deca is hidden in the game files is it!? maybe devs have plans.

Shadowline
x4

Post by Shadowline » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:39

I can't help but really like the ship designs for these versus some of the other ships. For example, the argon one looks like it would make a great carrier using the pads for landing and the launch tubes to send a crap ton of fighters out.
The teladi one looks great with that ring on it too.

arknor1981

Post by arknor1981 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:45

bl3ek wrote:

afaik they are supposed to be fleet resupply ships providing missiles etc which is why they arent in the game by default because we don't have that yet.

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 09:31

If these worked as intended (restock etc) would that not make carriers pointless?

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:27

Sirilius wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 09:31
If these worked as intended (restock etc) would that not make carriers pointless?
Only as much as having an Elite makes a Discover pointless I reckon.
My question is, and maybe I'm dumb and there is a way to get them into cargo, but how do I restock ships with missles (If these things apparently only carry 40?)

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:02

Azran_Zala wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:27
My question is, and maybe I'm dumb and there is a way to get them into cargo, but how do I restock ships with missles (If these things apparently only carry 40?)
The restock command is disabled for player ships.

Code: Select all

<handler name="ResupplyHandler">
        <conditions>
          <!-- param="'resupply'" param2="$urgent?" param3="$debugchance_interrupt" -->
          <event_object_signalled object="this.ship" param="'resupply'"/>
          <!-- TODO: If we decide to provide a way for the player to modify the loadout for player-owned ships, check for that and activate here. Otherwise, this will lead to player-owned ships buying things that the player did not authorize. -->
          <check_value value="not this.assignedcontrolled.isplayerowned"/>
It would require a mod to add it in for players and for the mod to include these ships as a valid restock target.

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 01:57

Sirilius wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 09:31
If the devs don't have plans for it I'm sure some modder will take it upon themselves to have each one better at a specific role. The Carriers holding more S ships while the Resuppliers having only limited docking for M & S ships, maybe no ship storage, and more cargo space comes to mind immediately. Either way once the resupply is working that will be great.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 18:19

morbideth wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 15:02
Azran_Zala wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:27
The restock command is disabled for player ships.

Code: Select all

<handler name="ResupplyHandler">
        <conditions>
          <!-- param="'resupply'" param2="$urgent?" param3="$debugchance_interrupt" -->
          <event_object_signalled object="this.ship" param="'resupply'"/>
          <!-- TODO: If we decide to provide a way for the player to modify the loadout for player-owned ships, check for that and activate here. Otherwise, this will lead to player-owned ships buying things that the player did not authorize. -->
          <check_value value="not this.assignedcontrolled.isplayerowned"/>
It would require a mod to add it in for players and for the mod to include these ships as a valid restock target.
I will take a look at that when I'm back (explanation: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403662&p=4805393#p4805393. The same applies to this one).
Something else I was thinking is giving them equipment dock or wharf capabilities for the time being.

aftokinito
x4

Re: [MOD] Mobile Ship Production

Post by aftokinito » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 05:05

---v1.00---
  • Initial public release
  • Mod renamed to Mobile Ship Production

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 05:41

I added some documentation to the repository's wiki for developers to have a general idea of how to make their mod ships capable of ship building: https://bitbucket.org/aftokinito/x4-mob ... production

ShadowTek49

Post by ShadowTek49 » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 17:37

Wow, amazing mods people are making, just.. Wow!

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 19:00

I know I mentioned it before in POSY thread. - but wasn't sure at the time it had any connection with this mod -

But after doing more testing on clean new save (and without any edited ships besides the two added by this mod; and no other mods) ; and can confirm for some reason I cannot explain:
I get a crash to desktop when ordering Nomad Sentinel to attack a target; as-well as when flying it myself & changing turret behavior to attack target/enemies while present (If enemies are present - it crashes immediately as I switch turret behavior from defense to attack. (No issues using other cap ships)

I then added an Arawn from ashipmod; tested it in a fight - no issues;
Then modded the ship adding the code you described in your wiki to add a ship warf to it; ordered it to attack = immediate crash to desktop. (the warf works fine though :wink: )

I can't imagine why or how this is happening with its connection to this mod, and It doesn't seem to leave anything obvious in the debug log on crash (doesn't even mention the crash... just creates a dump file) but its what I'm experiencing.
Not sure if anyone else is getting this. But I can reproduce the crash immediately and consistently though.

Edit/ps : I don't know if you used a station module to integrate into the ship or wrote a new macro from scratch, but is there any chance it thinks its a station module or something and is trying to run a different combat script for structures maybe? - just a thought.

Zhukov1945

Post by Zhukov1945 » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 00:02

Sorry carmaster upload website is blocked for me, because country restrictions, can somebody help me with an alternative link???

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 12:15

Zhukov1945 wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 00:02
Sorry carmaster upload website is blocked for me, because country restrictions, can somebody help me with an alternative link???
https://we.tl/t-fQ1Ik0hIoS

The-Mec
x4

Post by The-Mec » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 05:59

I found an issue where I can't cancel a construction of the Nomad Sentinel at my player shipyard.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”