X3 TC Terran mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Charlie3099
x4

X3 TC Terran mission

Post by Charlie3099 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 10:18

Hi, I have been using the walk through to get me to mission 7 (I think it is) where you have to jump to Aldrin. What the walk through doesnt state is how you obtain the jump drive.... I'm sure this has been asked before, and I've read the forums, about where theyre obtainable from, but they are either massive jumps away, and even then I don't have the standing to buy them. It seems nuts to me, that they are available in Earth, but you need to complete the mission that needs the drive to gain access to where the drive is purchased from!!!!!! :evil: There must be a way to get the drive to be able to complete the mission. Please help, this is a game breaker to me.....thnx

ConorC
x4

Re: X3 TC Terran mission

Post by ConorC » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 02:39

Terracorp HQ in home of light.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 10:22

Charlie3099 wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 10:18
I've read the forums, about where theyre obtainable from, but they are either massive jumps away, and even then I don't have the standing to buy them.
Terran, Argon, or Boron. The Argon and Boron are possible to reach. Massive jumps and standing are both achievable and thus they are the way to get the drive.

IIRC, a Trade Mk3 trader does at some point order itself a jumpdrive (at premium price). Once it has done so, you could take the JD from your trader. (There was a thread about getting JD when you are a hated pirate. Perhaps with the last year or two.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

smitj
x3

Post by smitj » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 10:54

Jumpdives are available in a few places. Terracorp HQ (as stated) and OTAS HQ in Legends Home, also Atreus HQ in Queens Harbour. These all need travelling to and some are long distances, but you can use the travelling to collect and sell some of the free ships that are dotted around the universe. (there is a list of where to find them on Roguey's site) However you do it there is legwork involved. As for standing with the various factions, do some missions along the way, passenger missions are easy and usually risk free. You can earn credits this way as well, it all adds to the fun!

ConorC
x4

Post by ConorC » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 13:54

Doing random missions for stations will very quickly raise your race relation rank, and earn you lots of profitssss. The game is designed for you to go and explore, trade, or whatever when ever you want. That means that mostly the plot missions will wait for you. The Aldrin mission won't actually kick off until you get there so take your time, go grab a jumpdrive, earn some money. I'm assuming you have the Terran Cutter and Vidar. Both are easy top 3 in their respective classes so for ships you're golden. This game big, there's lots to do in it, so don't sweat the Terran mission. It'll still be there when you're ready.

ConorC
x4

Post by ConorC » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 13:58

And if a Boron called Mahi Ma asked you to bring him a "couple of items", run, run fast, don't look back. :o

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:42

When I do a game start near Omicron, I build up my Teladi rep to Company Trader, buy a Kestral in PTNI, and cross the Xenon sector South of Scale Plate. The speed of the Kestral handles this just fine, along with flying at altitude minus 20. The speed of the Kestral gets you to Legend and the JD shortly after that. Getting the Docking Computer is a nice bonus. If you're a combat guy Hatikvah is available then too.
It's a long run all the way to Home of Light. I will make the run for the Transporter but Legend is my choice for the first JD.

Good Hunting!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 20:22

I know it's like 10 days later, but, uh, doesn't the Vidar come with the Jumpdrive already installed?..

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 02:28

I thought it did too, but it's been so long that I didn't want to say anything in case I was wrong.

Charlie3099
x4

Post by Charlie3099 » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 11:15

Thanks for your help guys, I made the run , sorted my standing and picked it up. annoying to find you can only buy one for the ship your in, you cant buy "spares" for your other ships, but heyho.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 11:22

You can get a TM, equip it with a jumpdrive, and fill it up with fighters, each also carrying a jumpdrive. That way you have up to 4 "portable" jumpdrives.

Omini
x4

Post by Omini » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 16:38

As has been mentioned there are a few places scattered through the universe you can get a JD. Five places in total I think? Two involve plot completions.

Atreus' HQ, Queen's Harbour
Terracorp HQ, Home of Light
OTAS HQ, Legend's Home
Spoiler
Show
Goner Temple, Elysium of Light (requires Goner plot completed)
Tauros, Earth (requires Terran plot completed)
As for 'spares', again someone mentioned getting a TM with fighters. Just do freight exchanges and you kind of do have jumpdrives. You'll need a transporter device to freight exchange with ships not docked.
amtct wrote:Don't quote this
I should be a journalist.

Tutorial On Selecting Single Mod Package

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 17:58

Note that it pays to carry a fighter with a spare jump drive if/when you get the Unfocused Jump Drive. Jumping into random space has a small chance to damage your existing jump drive, meaning no way home. I use a capital ship for that, with at least one jump-capable fighter docked, so I can transfer the working drive if needed. A TM or TL would work; an M1 or M7 with docking bays (or a Hyperion Vanguard M6+) is better, just in case you meet Xenon.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 22:44

Honved wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 17:58
Jumping into random space has a small chance to damage your existing jump drive, meaning no way home.
The UFJD can randomly damage your transporter, freight scanner, or advanced scanner. That can give the impression that the UFJD can randomly damage anything, but the jump drive should actually be safe (unless you take hull damage in the temporary sector).

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 14:49

ConorC wrote:
Sun, 2. Dec 18, 13:58
And if a Boron called Mahi Ma asked you to bring him a "couple of items", run, run fast, don't look back. :o
"....but I still need more to complete the hub".

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”