Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 16:46

Gazzareth wrote:Just trying to download it with no joy from either site - if you want then I can mirror the download and/or pages for you !! PM me if you are interested !!

EDIT: you can download it if you paste the shortcut to the file into your browser AND replace the .zip with .msi ..........................

Thanks for spotting this I have now changed the index on the 1asphost site.

Sorry about the error - its part of the problem with two sites with subtle differences in content

Tapsa - I'll have a look into the issue this evening

LS

ELL
x3

Post by ELL » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 17:20

the second time i open up this program i get a 'sector planer.exe is not a valid win32 application' error it works the first time i use it tho

i temporarally solve it by uninstalling and installing th program but this is a major inconvenience to me

any help would be great

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 20:47

ELL wrote:the second time i open up this program i get a 'sector planer.exe is not a valid win32 application' error it works the first time i use it tho

i temporarally solve it by uninstalling and installing th program but this is a major inconvenience to me
Ell,

Are you certain that you don't have a virus on your machine? It certainly sounds suspicious.

In my testing I have tried sector planner on four machines here (and it works fine) and no one else has mentioned this problem.

You can get free (for personal use) anti virus software from http://www.grisoft.com/ if you don't have any.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Cheers

LS

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 22:33

Sector Planner v1.1 (sp1) released

I have released an interim version of Sector Planner to fix problems with some international number formats (those that don't use a period in floating point numbers).

Sorry to those that it has effected.

If you do not have this problem, there is no need to download this update.

As usual you can download it from:

http://lordsuch.does.it/
OR
http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/

As always, if you have any problems or feature suggestions, please let me know.

Cheers

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Mon, 28. Mar 05, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Sanke
x3

Post by Snake Sanke » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 23:08

LS

Thanks - Every Nova should have one.

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 23:14

Minor glitches.

Using the Station Calc the selling price 0 is checked by default (though it doesn't effect the profit calculated until you uncheck and recheck it)

Using the Price Selector from the station roster if you manually type in a price (say 20 for energy cells) and hit enter it hits 'ok' instead and doesn't adjust the price so you have to use the sliders.

Using the Price Selector or the station calc sliders for silicon mines only goes to 777 so you have to type it in the box or use the up and down arrows on the price box. This seems to occur with other high priced items I found the same problem with silkworm missles, shield factories, etc.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 00:00

Darkhold wrote: Using the Station Calc the selling price 0 is checked by default (though it doesn't effect the profit calculated until you uncheck and recheck it)
You're quite right (I had managed to miss this). I have fixed this in the current development build and therefore it will be in the next release.
Darkhold wrote: Using the Price Selector from the station roster if you manually type in a price (say 20 for energy cells) and hit enter it hits 'ok' instead and doesn't adjust the price so you have to use the sliders.

Using the Price Selector or the station calc sliders for silicon mines only goes to 777 so you have to type it in the box or use the up and down arrows on the price box. This seems to occur with other high priced items I found the same problem with silkworm missles, shield factories, etc.
I am aware of both these issues, although I haven't acted upon them yet due to them not being *critical*.

As long as people can deal with these minor issues I will leave them until the next feature update.

Thanks for the feedback, its always useful.

Cheers

LS

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 00:00

Same thing with ore mines. I have the selling price for some at 177, while Sector Planner only goes up to 175. No biggie, in other words...
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 Ghz
OCZ 2048MB Dual Channel Platinum Edition RAM
WD Raptor X 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe 16x
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Lian Li Miditower PC6070BSCAND w/Hiper R580W PSU
Win XP Pro SP2 w/MS dual-core CPU hotfix

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 14:27

Wow! This is truly AWESOME! Thanks a lot, man.
There are two things we know are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And we're not sure about the universe.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 16:53

Just downloaded it (always wait for at least version 1.1 of any software :)). Had a quick look at it, it's going to take a while to get all my stations into it, but looks highly useful & the sort of thing I'll wonder how I managed without for all this time. Cheers!

One minor question, though:
Is there any way to remove NPC stations from the list?
In my game 2 of the SPP's & the 25MW shield fab in Akeelas Beacon have all been destroyed (by the AI corvettes for some unknown reason) & I would like to update the data in sector planner to reflect this.

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 17:00

Easy enough - double click on the sector that you want to "edit", right click on the factory you want to "delete" in the stations list and click "delete".... It is then history !!

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 17:03

Cheers, now I'm happy...

mogsey2003
x2

Post by mogsey2003 » Wed, 28. Apr 04, 23:15

*Bump*

Good Work

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 00:36

As I've already posted, this is a masterful piece of work. I do have one suggestion, though: a separate list of sectors so that one could pick a sector by name.

If you haven't already downloaded this thing, what the hell are you waiting for?

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 01:18

A few more items for the wish list for this masterpiece:

1. Keyboard shortcuts and/or buttons on the toolbar to open the station roster and station calc. Keyboard shortcuts are nice when using a laptop... :)

2. The ability to enter the selling and buying price of own factories immediately after adding them (on the same screen). Maybe by selecting the option from a right-click menu or another tab?

If no. 2 is implemented no. 1 is not that important. Well.. none of them are really important, but you know what I mean... :P

Regards,

X-it

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 01:20

2. The ability to enter the selling and buying price of own factories immediately after adding them (on the same screen). Maybe by selecting the option from a right-click menu or another tab?
He's been planning this for awhile and it keeps getting put on the back burner. I'd GUESS it'll be in the next major release.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 01:34

Sounds good. Thanks! :)

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 13:26

Sorry a bit thick just downloaded this and put all my factories but not sure what does putting in Jumps do and why and what is the difference with putting in docks and what does it mean . Sorry if question a bit strange but just not undrstanding it all Thanks

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Thu, 29. Apr 04, 14:54

"Jumps" indicates the distance to include on the supply / demand calculations, and "Docks" as to wether to include "Equipment Docks" in the calculations or not !!!!

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 30. Apr 04, 01:10

Hi folks,

I've been away on business for a few days and unfortunately have been unable to get online during that time.

However I have managed to find a bit of time to at least fix the issues with the factory calculator et al in the current development version.
X-it wrote:1. Keyboard shortcuts and/or buttons on the toolbar to open the station roster and station calc. Keyboard shortcuts are nice when using a laptop...

As Darkhold said, (2) has been on the agenda for a while, although I plan to get it into the next release. However the effort required for the shortcuts is almost zero, so I will implement that also. Any suggestions on key combinations?

Ctrl+r (station roster)
Ctrl+Shift+c ??? (station calc) or maybe this should be an "F" key?

Comments are welcome!

Cheers

LS

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”