1.21 FREEZE with black screen - Scared to Play

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

snowman001
x4

Re: 1.21 FREEZE with black screen - Scared to Play

Post by snowman001 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 22:15

Just to check back in .

The black screen and system lockup has not re appeared , i have CTD a couple of times. On both occasions the X4 bug report was available and i have added my comment to the active threads. so thats an improvement

i have dropped my graphics settings to high from ultra.

snowman001
x4

Re: 1.21 FREEZE with black screen - Scared to Play

Post by snowman001 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:31

Hi guys,

in around 6 hours of gametime last night i had 4 CTD , varying locations in game. undocking/upgrading, shooting enemies . basically there is no pattern . It seeems that patch yesterday or CBJ/Alans suggestions have prevented the black screen/lockup from re appearing so i thank you for that .

The game is far from "playable " for me at the moment though, i have lost sooo much progress due to CTD

I have removed Corsair link from my machine and the errors it was causing have stopped - so Alan you may be on to something here . - thank you sir :)

I am outside my automatic refund period from steam now so i just hope patches keep coming so i can at some point enjoy this game.

from a long time fan - i will give ego cance to fix this as X4 looks amazing - im just limited to watching others play it on youtube.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”