BUG: Argon vs Xenon War does not start (detailed info and save included)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

atsmith66
x4

BUG: Argon vs Xenon War does not start (detailed info and save included)

Post by atsmith66 » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 22:59

When speaking to Illisa Sillame in the Xenon War Room at ARG Hull Part Factory III she said she was going to start me on a small mission against a Xenon M. This mission flashed up and then disappeared. Not visible in the mission lists anywhere. When I try to speak to her again I'm presented with the option "I would like to stop". If I select this then the dialog just glitches out and I can't speak to her again at all until I leave the system and return. At this point the option "I would like to stop" is offered again, but still glitches out if I try to use it. Effectively the Xenon vs Argon war appears broken and I am unable to start it at all. I've included a link to the save game file so you can try it out at Egosoft.

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/83di5cyvd9sl8 ... ml.gz?dl=0

Aoie
x4

Re: BUG: Argon vs Xenon War does not start (detailed info and save included)

Post by Aoie » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 00:40

got the exact same problem.

El General
x4

Post by El General » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 19:29

Same probleme here.
Very frustrating, don't know if I should go on with this save and hope it'll be fixed...

stephen95s
x4

Post by stephen95s » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 15:31

same, really hope this doesnt ruin my save, as thats a lot of work to have to redo :(
The Harbinger Of Death ..... I Eat What I Kill

sabrehawk
xr

Post by sabrehawk » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 07:55

i have started a least a DOZEN new games over the past month and EVERY SINGLE TIME this mission was broken
(apart from 25% of the game mechanics being obnoxious, half finished or outright defective)
Dont you just love how the Xenon build a defense base right infront of your nose, and the ALLIES supply them with materials
at their build station ....yeah right...and even if you destroy the containers and any module that has finished the station keeps building faster than you can take its HP down,magically without any assistance...,while at the same time your own stations drones are owned by xenon and cause friendly fire chain reactions of death thats great game design duh)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”