Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 02:01

Darkhold wrote:reed,
after you add the station go to the station details and change the yield value. :)
Always trust Darkhold's comments on the subject of SectorPlanner as he was one of the beta testers! :)

Thanks again to those that beta tested!

LS

PS Darkhold, have you noticed your nick in the about box? :roll:

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 02:47

Heh I think 'beta tester' is a little high for me firing off a bunch of requests for you to add :D. I was very honored when I saw my name in the about box.

I sent you an email thanking you for your hard work. I also started to write out a help doc/faq when I saw all the questions pop up on here but I had to go do some of that 'real life' stuff. Would you want something like that or you already got one of your own that you are writting?

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 03:10

Darkhold wrote:Heh I think 'beta tester' is a little high for me firing off a bunch of requests for you to add :D. I was very honored when I saw my name in the about box.

I sent you an email thanking you for your hard work. I also started to write out a help doc/faq when I saw all the questions pop up on here but I had to go do some of that 'real life' stuff. Would you want something like that or you already got one of your own that you are writting?
Well without you many of the features that are in sector planner now wouldn't be there!

About the docs, it would be great if you would like to do that - I'm crap at writing docs!
I will be updating the FAQ on the websites in a few hours, but a walkthough type of document would be really useful

Cheers

LS

ArgonTrustedLoony
x2

Post by ArgonTrustedLoony » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 16:03

A most excellent utility (I thought about doing something similar, but I'm too lazy).

I found the Find Product option most enlightening, especially the option to find the Needle.
Every hour injures, the last one kills.

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 16:17

Looks fantastic !! Just when I was thinking what to build .... will give it a run tonight !!

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 18:03

One for the Wish List for this great tool:

For the Station Calculator/Station Roster, would it be possible to set the buying price for all resources for our own factories to 0 (zero) or any other lower-than-normal price for us using the BuyWare script?

And regarding the Station Calculator - I just noticed that the first entries (Advanced Sat Factory) will make 125640 cr an hour with all prices set to average. Max selling and min buying prices gives 182258 cr an hour! Are the numbers correct for this one? They seem to be correct, but... I thought the SPP was the max profit factory? The SPP will make 100380 cr an hour with max selling and min buying price according to the calculator.

Edit: I just found the reason for this. You have forgotten to include the required foods for the advanced sat facts for the different races... :)

Another thing: I tried the Greatest Needs tool to find a good location for an Adv Sat Fact, but the Adv Sat (or any other high tech stuff) does not show up on the list, even with 'Include docks' ticked. Seems only foodstuffs and minerals shows up on the list regardless of the 'Include docks' option. I tried several jumps.

Thanks again for this. I don't know how I got by without it before... :)
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 Ghz
OCZ 2048MB Dual Channel Platinum Edition RAM
WD Raptor X 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe 16x
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Lian Li Miditower PC6070BSCAND w/Hiper R580W PSU
Win XP Pro SP2 w/MS dual-core CPU hotfix

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 18:12

Those figures are at odds with the Fact-Calc spreadsheet that I use, since that pretty much agrees with you..... Not sure which is right since you normally can't buy at min & sell at max (unless you are really lucky).. ?

The "Adv Sat" is never going to be a greatest need since it is sold only in a few places - and slowly at that - you will need to look in each sector individually, greatest need will always return "common" products that everthing needs since it is a count of number of producers - number of consumers !!!

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 18:24

Thanks. I edited the post to say that I found the reason for the miscalculation. And the greatest needs thing makes sense as well.

I've gone through most of the sectors now, and think I've found the perfect spot for an Adv Sat Fact:
Spoiler
Show
Empire's Edge. It has a demand factor of -2 in a 3 jump radius - the highest on the map (as far as I could find).
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
SB Audigy 2 ZS

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 19:05

X-it wrote:For the Station Calculator/Station Roster, would it be possible to set the buying price for all resources for our own factories to 0 (zero) or any other lower-than-normal price for us using the BuyWare script?
I will think about the setting the buy price to 0, however I probably won't allow arbitary values unless you feel it would be really worthwhile.
X-it wrote: And regarding the Station Calculator - I just noticed that the first entries (Advanced Sat Factory) will make 125640 cr an hour with all prices set to average. Max selling and min buying prices gives 182258 cr an hour! Are the numbers correct for this one? They seem to be correct, but... I thought the SPP was the max profit factory? The SPP will make 100380 cr an hour with max selling and min buying price according to the calculator.

Edit: I just found the reason for this. You have forgotten to include the required foods for the advanced sat facts for the different races... :)
So i take it that all advanced nav sat factories require the race food - i.e. Meatsteak cahoonas for Argon? (Sorry I'm not in front of X2 at the moment). If that is the case, then I believe the argonopedia is incorrect also.

In the short term if you go to the add station dialog, you can add the resource manually and this will then correctly appear in the station roster list, although I think there is still an error with the quantities as the numbers are still too big.

Could someone please let me know the following information for any race's Adv. Sat. Fab. (not not an NPC factory, but a player factory as these are frequently different).

i) The resources it requires
ii) The number of each resource that is used for each cycle
iii) The number of Adv. Sat. produced each cycle (1?)
iv) The cycle time.

As soon as I have this information, I'll work on updating the application.

Edit: I have just looked at the code and I think there is a mistake in there - the factory is probably listing twice as much profit as it should. So I think that maybe a player Adv. Nav. Sat
doesn't need food after all.

Cheers

LS

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 19:23

Thank you very much. I didn't know we could add resources manually. I'm getting more and more impressed with this the more I use it.

And please, I hope you don't find my posts to be rude or anything and that you have to fix it as soon as possible. I'm simply throwing out my 'beta-testing-mode' comments (bad habit after beta-testing flight sim add-ons too much)... :) Please do take your time, as the tool is more than good enough as it is.

I'll try setting up an Adv Sat Fact tomorrow, and will let you know what I find if noone else answers first... :)
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
SB Audigy 2 ZS

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 22:10

Sector Planner v1.1 released

I have now released an updated version of sector planner, it contains the following new features:

You can download it from:

http://lordsuch.does.it/
OR
http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/

i) Allow setting of zero buy / sell prices for use with the buy ware script (check the 0 Cr check box in the profit calculator).
ii) Allow adding of pirate bases (for when they respawn).
iii) The resource usage and station list are now on seperate tabs
iv) User manual written by DarkHold.

Bug fixes:
i) Advanced sat. factorys are now giving correct profit results (I think!).

Installation Instructions
i) Backup your save files (just in case).
ii) Un-install the previous version
iii) Install new version
iv) When you first load your save file it will automatically upgrade it to the new version.

A big thank you to eveyone who has made suggestions (and spotted the bug!). And a special thank you to Darkhold for writing the manual - I just detest writing documentation so it was very much appreciated.

Any problems, please let me know.

Cheers

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Mon, 28. Mar 05, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 23:46

Incredible! You are very efficient, LS... :D

Thank you once again,
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
SB Audigy 2 ZS

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 23:58

:thumb_up:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 03:10

The_Abyss wrote::thumb_up:
Abyss, has anyone ever said you talk too much? :P

sean|Bsc
x2

Post by sean|Bsc » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 10:32

well done on the update, looks all good - that was qiuck!

i see you haven't added the knock-on affect i mentioned (earlier in the topic), i've thought about how it colud be done - i believe it would be possible if you could find out each NPC's station's jumps setting.
P4 3.2Ghz Northwood 800FSB
ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128mb
Corsair 1Gb 400DDR Ram
Creative Audigy 2ZS
MSI 865PE Motherboard

Tapsa
x3tc

Bug!!!

Post by Tapsa » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 10:47

Just found a nasty problem with Sector Planner. I added my factories and saved the sector map. When I tried to open the file I get an error message "Input string was not in a correct format." I did some further testing, tried with an empty sector map (started Sector Planner and saved the map) and the same thing happend.

I did some more testing and traced the problem to the common problem of the decimal point, something that I have run into before in my own programming projects. The problem is that in Finland the decimal separator is the comma (,) and in US it is the dot (.). This causes a problem when loading the XML file, because my computer says that a dot is not part of a numeric string and sector planner crashes because it is trying to convert a string such as 1.0 to a number. I verified my theory by setting my computer's regional setting to English (US) and everything works fine.

Hope you can find a way to fix this problem because it is quite anoying to change the regional settings just for using sector planner... :cry:

LordSuch
x3

Re: Bug!!!

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 11:09

Tapsa wrote:Just found a nasty problem with Sector Planner. I added my factories and saved the sector map. When I tried to open the file I get an error message "Input string was not in a correct format." I did some further testing, tried with an empty sector map (started Sector Planner and saved the map) and the same thing happend.

I did some more testing and traced the problem to the common problem of the decimal point, something that I have run into before in my own programming projects. The problem is that in Finland the decimal separator is the comma (,) and in US it is the dot (.). This causes a problem when loading the XML file, because my computer says that a dot is not part of a numeric string and sector planner crashes because it is trying to convert a string such as 1.0 to a number. I verified my theory by setting my computer's regional setting to English (US) and everything works fine.
Tapsa,

Would you please be able to create a simple save file that causes this problem and then email it to me at lord_of_such@hotmail.com. I will try to prioritise this, however I can't promise anything.

Cheers

LS

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 11:21

Just trying to download it with no joy from either site - if you want then I can mirror the download and/or pages for you !! PM me if you are interested !!

EDIT: you can download it if you paste the shortcut to the file into your browser AND replace the .zip with .msi ..........................
Last edited by Gazzareth on Tue, 27. Apr 04, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

Tapsa
x3tc

Re: Bug!!!

Post by Tapsa » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 11:59

Tapsa,

Would you please be able to create a simple save file that causes this problem and then email it to me at lord_of_such@hotmail.com. I will try to prioritise this, however I can't promise anything.

Cheers

LS
LordSuch, I sent you an email. I'm pretty sure that if you set your computers regional setting to Finnish or any other country with a comma as a decimal separator you can make Sector Planner crash with any save file.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Tue, 27. Apr 04, 12:59

This sounds very much like the same problem we have with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. If we don't set the regional setting to US English, we will not get water reflections in the simulator... :roll: FS2004 has been out for about a year now, and still no patch.

So normally I should probably have gotten this error as well with Sector Planner, but since I already have the regional settings set to US English I've 'missed' it.
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
SB Audigy 2 ZS

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”