1.21 Captain is deleted upon promoting another crewmember

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

loubert
x4

[1.20] BUG - Reassigned crew disappear

Post by loubert » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 01:34

My mission-granted station needed a manager, so I sent my Eclipse to dock at it while I stayed in another sector. It had the pilot and one extra crew member. Once the ship landed, I reassigned the extra crew member to work at the station as the manager. The crew member shows up in the information window for the station, is removed from the ship crew list, and the upkeep mission is completed. All is well.

A few minutes later, I instruct the ship to rejoin me/fly somewhere/do anything, thereby undocking. The manager disappears from the station and is not found on the ship. The upkeep mission reappears.

Obviously something is wrong here.

As reported in another thread reporting this issue (which I only saw just now, hours after I posted this thread), when the service crew member-turned-manager is reassigned to his service crew role on the original ship, that crewperson shows back up on the ship. So they're not being fully removed from the ship or something when being moved from service crew to manager. Also, if the Pilot of the ship is used and transfered to be the manager, rather than a service crewmember being used, then everything works fine, no problems. It's only the service crew members (and maybe marines, untested) that disappear when transfered from ship to station as a manager.
Last edited by loubert on Tue, 4. Dec 18, 07:52, edited 4 times in total.

(/\)arped
x4

Re: [1.20] Reassigned crew disappear

Post by (/\)arped » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 02:03

Also experienced this. Tern transporter had 3 crew: 1 captain and 2 service crew.

Clicked "Replace pilot with best crewmember" and the pilot is replaced with one of the service crew, but the previous pilot does not get reassigned to the service crew or marines. Crew listed on the ship is now listed (total) as only 2. He's vanished!

GNUgixxer

1.21 Captain is deleted upon promoting another crewmember

Post by GNUgixxer » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 05:55

Bug:

Not sure if this is intended or not. I attempted to promote crewmembers (to see their full stats) to captain. The current captain did not go back into the crewmember inventory and subsequently dissapeared/was deleted. I attempted this on multiple ships.

Sarinas
x4

Re: 1.21 Captain is deleted upon promoting another crewmember

Post by Sarinas » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 06:04

Did you open "full crew list" I thought I lost a 5* person when I sent her to work at a ship with max cap already filled, but she was jsut listed under special crew (or something like this) Not among all the other marines/service members.

dragon71uk
x4

Post by dragon71uk » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 09:21

I think its intentional. The best way is to comm the pilot and tell them to work somewhere else first.

pwillemsen
x3tc

Re: [1.20] BUG - Reassigned crew disappear

Post by pwillemsen » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:25

I have the same issue. when i replace a captain that person is lost and the crew shows 1 less person.
guess replacing is more like killing your old captain..

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [1.20] BUG - Reassigned crew disappear

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 15:50

Have an external look around your ship and see if any NPC is hanging on a ship's ladder outside somewhere. Please let us know what you find.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

GNUgixxer

Post by GNUgixxer » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 01:16

Roger, I will try to replicate it tonight and post up if I see the crew member

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”