X3:TC (dead is dead) - Op: Final Fury problem - undockable mission station

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Boomar
xr

X3:TC (dead is dead) - Op: Final Fury problem - undockable mission station

Post by Boomar » Fri, 23. Nov 18, 10:20

Hi All, a TLDR is at the end!

So with X4 coming out I decided to try and finish off some achievements in X3:TC, specifically the three ‘Dead is Dead’ achievements, which sums up to completing all 9 plots in one play through without dying.
It’s taken a few tries but I’m in a comfortable game now with a few M2’s and the Terran and Hub plots completed, I’m stuck on the plot which killed me in my last game... Operation: Final Fury.

I’m up to the last mission, and can’t pick it up. The previous mission, which was holding back the Khaak invasion of Argon Sector M148 went well, once there was 1 destroyer left and a few stragglers, I decided in my infinite wisdom to transport into one of my M2’s in order to give it a whirl before using it in the next mission.

I’m sure some of you can see what’s happened. Some of my turrets decided to shoot an enemy while it was passing by a station, and not any station… The Military Base which hosts the Operation: Final Fury missions, I comm’d a couple of ships which went red, as well as all the capital ships in the sector to apologise about my weapon fire, they went back to blue but the Military Base didn’t, I tried comm’ing everyone in the station as well just in-case with no luck.

I’ve hacked plenty of stations before, no big deal. After patrolling ~3 sectors away (Black Hole Sun, Nathan’s Voyage & Wastelands) for hours I figured I just wasn’t going to get RNG to work for me this time around and supply me with a pirate hacking mission. Meanwhile, as it turns out I’d just been able to finish ‘The Hub’ plot and thought this would be a good use for it!

I set the first set of gates to Argon Sector M148, and the second set of gates to Gaian Star, the most stable pirate base I seem to have in my game. After the gates were aligned and a bit of poking in and out of Gaian Star, I had my pirate hacking mission! And I felt a little crushed, The Military Base didn’t show up as a target, instead I had a Rehabilitation Facility from Vestibule of Creation (near my third set of hub gates) show up, and the Plasma Burst Generator Forge from Maelstrom. Vestibule of Creation is 1 jump further from Gaian Star than Argon Sector M148 and Maelstrom is the same distance with 2 jumps.

Soo even after finishing the Terran Plot, the Military Base in Argon Sector M148 doesn’t appear to be hackable, with hours wasted and a little frustrated by now, I played my final card, and jumped out of the sector, ordered my M2’s into the sector, and ordered them to attack the station.

Yep, it’s invulnerable, it won’t drop below 92%.

I’m now out of ideas, I’ve done some googling and forum searches and haven’t found anything that helps. I can’t mod my game nor could I go back to a previous save as I’m in Dead is Dead mode, please tell me there is some way to either make the station blue, or there be some other way of starting the final mission… :(

TLDR: Up to last mission of Operation: Final Fury in a DID game, can't dock at the Military Base which offers the mission due to accidental weapon fire, the station appears to be unhackable... Halp!

Edit: Quick edit in-case anyone stumbles across this issue, I've tried everything I could think of as well as whats been mentioned below, station is still red. Throwing in the towel and will try a new dead is dead game another time.
Last edited by Boomar on Sun, 17. Feb 19, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Re: X3:TC (dead is dead) - Op: Final Fury problem - undockable mission station

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 23. Nov 18, 12:02

if you change your ships fried/foe settings for some race(e.g. teladi could work) in the 3sector distance to foe this will generate hacking missions for their stations , sometimes also including your wished target so you need to have less than 3 sec distance to both the other races stations and the ffstation.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Boomar
xr

Post by Boomar » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 01:29

Hey ubuntufreakdragon,

I gave it a shot and changed All the races to foe and back to friend while in Argon Sector M148 and I did it again while in the Unknown sector above it as well as in the Hub, transmitting to all properties each time.

I then re-linked the gates to Gaian Star and on my third sector entry I got a Pirate hacking mission, I only had the Plasma Burst Generator Forge show up this time, the Military Base wasn't on the list :(.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Pilotoftheuniverse

Post by Pilotoftheuniverse » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 15:35

i guess the station is still red?

if so, you can try dropping a sat in the sector, jump away to other sectors then view M148 from OOS. This little trick works on red lasertowers and stubborn police. i dont know if this trick will work on a station though

Also, make sure your rep is high with the Argons. rank 5 or up to be safe

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”