[AP] A way to get more missions?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wou
x4

[AP] A way to get more missions?

Post by Wou » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 17:20

I just wonder, because googling yielded nothing, maybe someone is aware of a way, a trick, how to get the most missions available?
Should I hang around in a sector with lots of stations for a while, or hop between as many sectors as fast as I can, or maybe there is some other weird meta that's known to someone?

Thanks!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [AP] A way to get more missions?

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 18:50

I find it best just to get on with other business that involves moving sectors and then checking back every so often. There are some who may recommend repeatedly flying in and out of a sector until the missions change to what you are looking for, but I think that is a rather boring style of gameplay when there is so much else that you could be doing instead.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ConorC
x4

Post by ConorC » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 21:00

I agree with Alan, if you are looking for a particular mission, keep moving from sector to sector until you find one. Meta gaming breaks the illusion in my mind.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 23:19

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 16. Nov 18, 18:50
in and out of a sector until the missions change
Entry to sector does obviously spawn missions. However, the missions do have a lifetime and the existing missions probably affect new spawns. Therefore, out and in same sector does not seem "optimal". Visiting many sectors implies that you do enter sectors that you have not been "in a good while". That is probably the "best" route.

Overall, the Almighty RNG tends to offer more for those, who expect the least. Rest assured that juicy missions pop up left and right, if you are too busy to take any. :P

"More." What amounts are we talking amount? The uploaded player stats show that most players take less than three missions per hour. I tend to do missions eagerly, yet my rate is mere 2.0/hour. Quite surprising, for I got some 2.6/hour in X3R, even though X3AP offers much more missions than the X3R.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 17. Nov 18, 00:51

Wou wrote:
Fri, 16. Nov 18, 17:20
...or maybe there is some other weird meta that's known to someone?
Reputation. The more you have, the more missions a race gives you. In (almost?) every sector there are representatives of different races sitting on stations. Consequently, the more reputation you have with all races, the more lit up with mission icons sectors will be. So... I guess to get more missions you need to, well, do more missions. For everyone. Or trade with them, or fight for them...
jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 16. Nov 18, 23:19
Quite surprising, for I got some 2.6/hour in X3R, even though X3AP offers much more missions than the X3R.
Wow. And that's including the fact that you have to actually look for missions in X3R. Wow.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 17. Nov 18, 01:01

Untaken generic missions are typically removed either after 10-20 minutes or after the player enters other sectors 4 times. From that, I expect hopping between two well populated sectors would be the fastest way to spawn more missions, with 8 gate entries to get a reroll.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 17. Nov 18, 09:02

My preferred way to get more missions is to start taking missions. I find that the only way to make mission grinding really fun is to stack open missions all over each other. Stringing together a couple passenger hauls, while scanning 'roids for two or three different employers and MORTing a freighter to pick up that cargo so I can meet it just in time for the delivery. That's the ticket.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 19:34

To get more missions you can visit some sectors with best chance to get many necessary for you missions, i.e.:
1. Sectors with many stations near jump gate, for example, Cloudbase South West (any gate of that sector)
2. Sectors with stations, which can have have necessary for you missions:
- Buy Used Ship offer or mission can be found in a regular shipyard of any race, so you can visit such sectors to get profitable offer (like Light of Heart sector, for example).
- Defend station mission to board pirate ships and gather more bailed out marines can be found in the pirate sectors (beware Rapid Response fleet in other sectors).

During one game day you can get dozens or even hundreds missions (my most recent game is 1 game-day long and in the pilot's statistics there are 122 accepted with 100 completed missions, among "not-completed" exist Return Abandoned ship missions).

To visit sectors more often you can use fast ship, like M5 (if you have not jump drive) or any suitable for you ship (not less than M3) if you can buy jump drive.

Advise for pilots, using small ships with jump drive:
Jump to any gate of the sector, check stations, if not found station with proper mission, then fly through those gate to next sector.

See available symbols for missions in the FAQ: What mission types are available in X3:TC.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 23:47

On sector entry there is a chance to spawn up to 4 missions in a sector. The spawn chance is based on the Race Rank the player has with the mission giving faction. The game remembers missions spawned for the last 3 sectors visited. The player can fly through a jump gate repeatedly to force missions to spawn. Always use small sectors for forcing missions to spawn.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 15:45

DrSuperEvil wrote:
Mon, 19. Nov 18, 23:47
On sector entry there is a chance to spawn up to 4 missions in a sector. The spawn chance is based on the Race Rank the player has with the mission giving faction. The game remembers missions spawned for the last 3 sectors visited. The player can fly through a jump gate repeatedly to force missions to spawn. Always use small sectors for forcing missions to spawn.
Hi,

additionally, as far as I can see, the number of missions spawning on entry is not related to the number of stations. Especially the sectors in the lower east side of the map containing only one military station can have as many missions as more populated sectors, but those missions all concentrate on a single station.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”