[MOD] X Rebirth Lost Sectors v1.5.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 10:18

Hi, you can get kinetic accelerator and multibeam cannon in source of darkness system.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 03:38

This mod is excellent! The kinetic accelerator is my go-to for capital ship combat and the Loki is rapidly becoming my favorite personal ship. There are a handful of improvements that can be made, IMO.

The Terran ships are awesome and the model you're using for a mining ship was one of my favorite ships in X3AP (the Logich being my absolute favorite). To that end, do you think you can release a version that is a heavily armed drone carrier? This was, basically, what the unit in X3 was supposed to be.

Secondly, there appears to be something wrong with the Loki. When I'm OoS it's fine, but when I'm riding around on it it doesn't want to transfer wares properly. I usually have to quicksave and load the save to get it to actually start doing so. None of the other ships seem to have this issue.

Thirdly, the three TLs in your mod are vastly larger than vanilla craft yet have small cargo bays relative to their size. Personally I think they should all be increased.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 12:30

Thanks, loki will be fixed in next update, about tl size, which ships you mean? About terran, i will add only terran Osaka in future.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 21:46

I'm thinking in terms of X3. Specifically, I'm referring to your three XL cargo ships (the Takayama and the two that are built in Source of Darkness). Physically they are monstrous, yet have comparatively small cargo bays. Personally, I think the Takayama should be using the 400,000+ cubic meter bay and the MK2 should have a larger bay than even that. It looks like, and should be, the most cavernous ship in the game.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 22:04

Takayama have same size then lyramekron and close firepower, it a armed freighter, same about mastodon, he compensate size by turret count.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 04:06

Ok, I'll accept that explaination. I hadn't compared them to Argon ships as I rarely use them.

I still think you should create a combat variant of the Triton as the X3 ship it's based on is a light carrier. It's an awesome model that is absolutely wasted as a boring mining craft.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [MOD] X Rebirth Lost Sectors v1.3.0

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 01:50

Решил тут попробовать снова Rebirth, поставил заодно Ваш мод. Играю на Линуксе. Чего-то в текстурах явно не хватает:
http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=164 ... c752633bcd

Как я понял, то должен быть газовый гигант с кольцами вокруг, но всё, что от него есть - такая вот "оболочка". ЧЯДНТ?

---

Decided to pick up Rebirth again, also installing your mod. I'm playing on Linux. Something is missing with the textures. As far as I understand, that should be a gas giant with rings around it, but all I get is that "shell". What am I doing wrong?

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 08:11

Не было возможности под линукс как следует протестировать, я проверю в чем дело, больше подобных проблем нет? Там должно быть ещё три планеты: вулканическая с луной, расколотая и пустыня.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 11:44

Остальные три есть.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 17:34

В моддинге иксов я полный профан, так что не знаю, имеет ли это какое-то значение, но всё же: в ext_01.cat, строка 137:

Code: Select all

assets/environments/cluster/cluster_ls2_data/nocollision_rings-lod0 — êîïèÿ.xmf 18541 1500242893 3148fb85100485daa00480502f4a0d22
Возможно, вот это странное имя ("nocollision_rings-lod0 — êîïèÿ.xmf") в Линуксовой версии как-то негативно сказывается?

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 20:33

Хех, это просто nocollision_rings-lod0 — копия.
Текстуры у планеты нет потому что формат tga, линукс его не любит почему-то.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 21:04

Да Линуксу-то как раз пофигу, видать ребята в Эго не портировали по какой-то причине. Стоило догадаться, ведь мне уже пришлось как-то мышиный указатель оранжевый в .png конвертировать.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 22:25

Some screenshots from coming LS 1.3.5:
New Dispater
Spoiler
Show
New Setanta
Spoiler
Show
New Nux(now renamed to Tartarus)
Spoiler
Show
More stuff in album: https://imgur.com/a/Bpm8kK1

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 01:11

Very nice, can't wait. :)
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 00:20

New Gegemon
Spoiler
Show

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 12:01

Hello
any idea
SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 12. Nov 18, 08:21
When trying out NF with Lost Sectors and starting a new campaign, I ran into an odd bug. After the very early campaign step where weapons are installed on the Skunk in Dormant Bear, the left skunk engine gets moved into the cockpit position. This results in visual ugliness when using the external camera, graphical problems during the sit/stand animations, and the engine volume being much louder due to proximity. Retrying with just Lost Sectors or just NF did not run into this bug, but I was able to repeat it with the mods combined.
i have not modified Skunk macro, so maybe this may related to changes by LS

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 12:10

Very strange, i check it.

-Upd-

Ok, if i remove all changes to skunk macro this bug still exist, i got it after first save-load. I dont know why it happen but solution is buy new engine.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 20:37

I did more testing and posted an update in the NF thread. In short, the bug occurs in pure NF without Lost Sectors, but was save/reload and not docking/plot related, leading me to a wrong early conclusion. My apologies to Lost Sectors.

Bubonosaure
x4

Post by Bubonosaure » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 00:31

Hey buddy. I really wanna tryout your mod but for some reason,I cannot find the alternate start when i click on new game. I've been looking around HoL and no sign of different ships in shipyards either. I can't really tell if the mod works or not and you don't seem to be on the workshop anymore. It really looks awesome, i'd like to try it !

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”